Would you buy the iPhone?

To buy it or not to buy it. That is the question.  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy it?

• Yes, I buy anything Apple!
    • Yes, I think it will be just what I am after.
    • Maybe, I'll have to see how good the end product turns out.
    • Maybe, but I like another brand of phone better atm.
    • No, not a first generation as they always have problems... maybe a future generation though.
    • No, I'd rather buy from a company that makes phones and only phones.
    • No, Never.

The iPhone certainly looks very good and if it is as good as they claim, then I would love one.

I just wish Apple would consider people who don't have that much money to spend on a phone. eh...

Yes, I think it will be just what I am after.

They are going to release it at the right time. When Im looking for a new phone and when Im going to change to Cingular.

The price is prohibitive for me - I can afford it, but I could do much better things with the money - for instance, an 80gig ipod, a decent phone and lots of cash left over. ;)

I'll probably buy the iPhone. Nice gadget to have. But it depends on a few factors, of course:

Price! I won't buy it if they charge stupidly ridiculous amounts for it!

What networks it is available on in the UK. I'd rather go for O2 because they don't lock their phones to their own network like the other providers.

I would but I have Verizon and I will not switch plans for a phone. I am really happy with Verizon and I dont think I will change. But if the Iphone comes out for Verizon I would be very interested.

i'd buy one IF:

1) Unlocked. Not bound to Cingular in any contractual way

2) Battery was user replaceable

3) Not that important, but i'd like support for user-built apps :p

nopez i'm actually just waiting for the ericsson w950 to be out so i can get that instead. I like the ericsson brand better, and i dont really like the design of that new Apple phone...

No - Cingular doesn't work in my area, I want my phone to be sturdy and scratch-resistant, and $600 is just too much for my blood. I love technology, but phones are my exception to the rule - hate 'em, couldn't care less what they do as long as they hold a connection.

I probably will buy the second revision of the iPhone when it comes around. Hopefully, by then it'll be on other networks or have 3G support (though I don't really care all that much about that). I just know there are going to be kinks in the design that need to be worked out.

I would but I have Verizon and I will not switch plans for a phone. I am really happy with Verizon and I dont think I will change. But if the Iphone comes out for Verizon I would be very interested.
I'd be scared to see what Verizon would do to the phone. I'd rather not have the iPhone gimped by them.

There should be an option in the poll to select "I wll only buy it if they made the price at least $200 lower because for what it offers it is ridiculous..." It isn't a PDA or has PDA capabilities so what justifies the high price?

Well, none of those poll options fit me... I think it's an awesome phone, and I have Cingular, but $500 - $600 is about 10 times the price I like to spend on phones that include discounts for signing up for 2 year contracts. If it were closer to half that price I might consider it (though I still have my 20GB Creative Zen that only cost ~$200)

At the risk of sounding like a trend ######, I'm thinking about getting one. The thought of a glossy screen running OSX and a phone, browser and possibly GPS built in to one unit seems pretty attractive. The deciding factor would be whether or not there's decent GPS software available for it which will work with an external bluetooth GPS.