The REAL game starts... (Puzzle Box 1)

Two components that I don't think have been discussed and that may or may not be clues to the meta puzzle:

Hear the challenge video - What kind of wrappers are those on the night stand? and What importance do the drawings in the notebook hold?

Two components that I don't think have been discussed and that may or may not be clues to the meta puzzle:

Hear the challenge video - What kind of wrappers are those on the night stand? and What importance do the drawings in the notebook hold?

The Answers to your question can be read in the Pre-Game thread of VPG. read that..

random/ did anyone get invitation to vista and office launch in Seattle i got one and it said people who go there get a free code for office 2007 but you have to download it your self

If anyone gets an invite and doesn't want the code..... can I have it? :D

Hi Folks,

just joined, couldn't resist the temptation, so apologies in advance if I post some nonsense or something

previously discussed, I read most of the posts until my eyes vanished ...

Can't be quiet while we wait for the second box to unlock, I started to dig around the vp website and

taking a closer look at the files that get in the machine, such as config.js, there are few interesting variables

there:

var weekparam = 'weekparam=1';

var weekdir = 'weekdir=time';

var unlocked = 'unlocked=true';

var singapore = 'singapore=true';

I made a local copy of some files to play around but I'm still getting the juicy stuff from the vp site, I tried with

weekparam=2 and weekdir=magic but no luck, but if I change singapore=false the flag and data showing

the singapore event on the main page is wiped out !! perhaps they are ready to vanish it on the fly ?

About the meta puzzle, I found all the images shown in the summary, I clicked at them and now they don't

show anymore on any of the screens, any guess why ? may be we need to collect them during the game ?

Thanks for all the previous postings, they have been very helpful and fun to read.

Cheers

Hi Folks,

just joined, couldn't resist the temptation, so apologies in advance if I post some nonsense or something

previously discussed, I read most of the posts until my eyes vanished ...

Can't be quiet while we wait for the second box to unlock, I started to dig around the vp website and

taking a closer look at the files that get in the machine, such as config.js, there are few interesting variables

there:

var weekparam = 'weekparam=1';

var weekdir = 'weekdir=time';

var unlocked = 'unlocked=true';

var singapore = 'singapore=true';

I made a local copy of some files to play around but I'm still getting the juicy stuff from the vp site, I tried with

weekparam=2 and weekdir=magic but no luck, but if I change singapore=false the flag and data showing

the singapore event on the main page is wiped out !! perhaps they are ready to vanish it on the fly ?

About the meta puzzle, I found all the images shown in the summary, I clicked at them and now they don't

show anymore on any of the screens, any guess why ? may be we need to collect them during the game ?

Thanks for all the previous postings, they have been very helpful and fun to read.

Cheers

dude you look prety good with mesing around with things, try downloading the flash and opening it i tryed it but cantt open it

and how do you mess with those thing i want to try.

well gtg to sleep tomorow is a big day

dude you look prety good with mesing around with things, try downloading the flash and opening it i tryed it but cantt open it

and how do you mess with those thing i want to try.

well gtg to sleep tomorow is a big day

On IE go to Page->View Source, get the html for the home page, there you will see that the js files are in the js42

directory, so just type http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/js42/xxxx.js and it will download them to a local directory,

there is also a vb script file that I believe the only thing it does is to get the shockwave software version.

Do the same thing to get the html for the page of the first puzzle box, this pages gets shell_time.aspx from the

vp server ( I tried with shell_magic.aspx also :rolleyes: but nothing)

Then edit the html files to reference the local copies of the scripts, I also made a local copy of the ccs style file.

Log into vp normally so they have you as logged in and the open your local version of the html files with IE.

I'm not good with flash and don't have many tools to hack them :( .

I also tried couple of things on http://assets.vanishingpointgame.com/ but nothing yet.

Cheers

On IE go to Page->View Source, get the html for the home page, there you will see that the js files are in the js42

directory, so just type http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/js42/xxxx.js and it will download them to a local directory,

there is also a vb script file that I believe the only thing it does is to get the shockwave software version.

Do the same thing to get the html for the page of the first puzzle box, this pages gets shell_time.aspx from the

vp server ( I tried with shell_magic.aspx also :rolleyes: but nothing)

Then edit the html files to reference the local copies of the scripts, I also made a local copy of the ccs style file.

Log into vp normally so they have you as logged in and the open your local version of the html files with IE.

I'm not good with flash and don't have many tools to hack them :( .

I also tried couple of things on http://assets.vanishingpointgame.com/ but nothing yet.

Cheers

Flare is a good tool for looking at flash actionscript, and it's free :D

It's non-graphical though, if you want to see the actual images you'll probably either need to download a demo or buy something.

Haven't slept in almost 48 hours... hope i can get up in 8 hours to see what happens... :p

Edit: and good luck everyone!

"Funny how the inanimate world retains traces of things long after they've disappeared, isn't it?"

Is loki hinting at something in the second line ?

She really put the emphasis on "isn't it ?"

Knowing how cryptic this is becoming that second line is in for a reason????..

The coordinates for Sydney Australia point to a house/hotel on the beach..hmmmm.

Edited by mauriziocorso77

Looks like www.vanishingpointgame.com has temporarily vanished.

Possibly updating or regroupng for the next onslaught?

still works for me

Looking around on the "old web" I noticed some articles referring to Loki as a super computer back in the early 90's (witch I thought from the beginning). And after looking for the real Loki (including all known name variations) through many "people search" sites, I believe that she is no more then an elaborate C.G.I / supercomputer from Bill's wet dream. Most videos of her are very methodical in the way she moves maybe hinting at the truth she inst a person (also obviously heavily edited if you know a thing about film). And always referring to herself that she will "vanish" after the game is over.... And if she did exist wouldn't people know who she really was and one of us would have seen a blog or something about her by now. PM me if you have counter-proof to my theory. I am more interested in solving the puzzle of who she is rather than the dumb Vista launch promo. TY ~Jess K

Loki is a Beowulf-class supercomputer built from commodity components.

16 Pentium Pro Processors

x 5 Fast Ethernet interfaces

+ 2 Gbytes RAM

+ 50 Gbytes Disk

+ 2 Fast Ethernet switches

+ Linux

In case anyone is as bored/sad/lonely/lame/suspicious as me...Ive steamed off the stamps, heated the letter and envelope and generally examined for any secret messages...onyl thing i havnt done is examine with a UV light..probably a dead end but hey... Had a dream about fox huntng last night (kitsune/fox)...weird...think im playing too much.

is it a coincidence that one can get "VISTA" from "Vanishing Point"?

What about the remaining letters....don't know...just pulling from space here...haha space.