The REAL game starts... (Puzzle Box 1)

There is a watch on here called I Love Space

Could this be anything??

It's POSSIBLE, since Loki was wearing D&G glasses.. but I think it's very likely just a coincidence :p D&G is almost certainly out-of-game, as far as I can tell.

Edit: So far all the clues have been relating to Microsoft and AMD. I really doubt they'd have another company involved and not tell us.

It's POSSIBLE, since Loki was wearing D&G glasses.. but I think it's very likely just a coincidence :p D&G is almost certainly out-of-game, as far as I can tell.

Edit: So far all the clues have been relating to Microsoft and AMD. I really doubt they'd have another company involved and not tell us.

Yes, but this game wants us to test our knowledge to see if we're truly worthy, so perhaps they wanted us to notice the glasses she was wearing and also dig in on that as well.

i highly doubt its got anything to do with stamps ... i mean come on .. they had to mail out the letters.... obviously they had to use stamps

True they did have to put postage on the envelopes, but if this was a mass mailing they could have used a meter to put postage on them. I do believe there is "something" in the stamps.

DLW

True :)

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in the UK companies like Microsoft etc. send post out all the time and pay the postal service in bulk and don't bother with stamps as it get a postage mark printed where the stamp would be. I believe if this is the case in America too then the stamps really do mean something :)

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in the UK companies like Microsoft etc. send post out all the time and pay the postal service in bulk and don't bother with stamps as it get a postage mark printed where the stamp would be. I believe if this is the case in America too then the stamps really do mean something :)

It could just be that they picked stamps to go with the theme of the game. Clocks are clearly a theme, and the star could be refering to either the grand prize or the star puzzle (well the star puzzle was probably referring to the grand prize :D). But I agree it's interesting they used stamps and it's worth checking :p

In the US big companies, like Microsoft, do use prepaid postage. Some even have their own post offices. Taking a look at the stamps, I would say that they were used for some purpose: either to promote the game or part of a underlying hidden piece to this game.

It works the same way in the US as well. Which is why I mentioned it. Since everyone got the same stamps in the same order, I thought the price of the stamps meant something. So I called AMD and used "31063' as an extension. I got a "Connecting your call" response. Then a busy signal. Dead end. Any other thoughts on this?

DLW

It works the same way in the US as well. Which is why I mentioned it. Since everyone got the same stamps in the same order, I thought the price of the stamps meant something. So I called AMD and used "31063' as an extension. I got a "Connecting your call" response. Then a busy signal. Dead end. Any other thoughts on this?

DLW

Has anyone thought about steaming the stamps?

There might be something on the back, but then again, maybe not ;)

Guys i swear i like the newcomers but this is getting out of hand. Maybe next next we could find out who made the clothes she's wearing or what color makeup she put on. Seriously the only one that looks like possibly anything is the stamps, but that was pregame stuff. if you haven't noticed everything else that was pregame is gone. You need to focus on what we're doing now and what we're going to do and be patient like most of us instead of writing down every thought that comes into your head. I can tell most of have read the previous pages but theres some that just stick out like a sore thumb. Go Back And Read The Pages. I agree with +Rich and that newcomers are welcome and yes we could use they're help but don'tgo and put crappy posts on here. I'm thinking about creating another forum or something and inviting all the guys that have helped out so far if anyone has any comments please tell me because i can already tell that come tommorrow when they unlock the next box we're going to get 20 posts a second on here and most of them won't be anything. I'm srry if you take this the wrong way but think before you post.

Guys i swear i like the newcomers but this is getting out of hand. Maybe next next we could find out who made the clothes she's wearing or what color makeup she put on. Seriously the only one that looks like possibly anything is the stamps, but that was pregame stuff. if you haven't noticed everything else that was pregame is gone. You need to focus on what we're doing now and what we're going to do and be patient like most of us instead of writing down every thought that comes into your head. I can tell most of have read the previous pages but theres some that just stick out like a sore thumb. Go Back And Read The Pages. I agree with +Rich and that newcomers are welcome and yes we could use they're help but don'tgo and put crappy posts on here. I'm thinking about creating another forum or something and inviting all the guys that have helped out so far if anyone has any comments please tell me because i can already tell that come tommorrow when they unlock the next box we're going to get 20 posts a second on here and most of them won't be anything. I'm srry if you take this the wrong way but think before you post.

Go ahead and create your own forum all holier than thou!

Hawx's:

I'm just curious what your relation to the site is. You mention that "newcomers" should be welcomed but its getting out of hand, but I look at your profile and it says you joined January 6, 2007?

I don't know if this is anything at all, but Lorelei was a ship in the movie Ghost Ship. I threw something up about it in the wiki, but haven't heard any comments either way.

[*]Emailing her at loki@microsoft.com leads to an email message saying:

[*]Then some genius had the idea to ring MS & ask to be transferred to Loki

[*]This connects you to the following message: "Awesome work. All knowledge eventually needs effective diagnosis."

[*]Put the first letters to give "AWAKENED", which led to "http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/awakened"

[*]The number given on the site requires you to provide a fax number

[*]You receive a fax

[*]It also reveals Loki's name is "L. Kitsume"

[*]This AT&T building is now an AMD building & the phone number is "408 749 4000" & use extension "x55654" from the fax

[*]The following message is heard:

[*]Google or Wikipedia (or whatever) murmuring rock & you encouter the word/name Lorelei

[*]Implying Loki's real name is Lorelei Kitsume & that's basically where we're at

Hey everybody, been following for the last few days but I've managed to read 90% of all the pages....yes all friggin 175+ from before the split. =)

Anyhow, call me crazy on this, and this may be part of the 10%, but that Fax that you get? She circles the last TIME and then it's mentioned it's the former AT&T building. Seems weird that you circle a time and then refer to a building....just an observation on that, BUT...

To confirm that her name is Lorelei Kitsune, has anyone been able to (or the ability/power to) check the flight information? Verify that these were real flights, where they were going, and more importantly, who was on them? Perhaps find a consistency in the flight logs with the name Kitsune?

Just my (first) 2 cents...

~TheBeef

I have been helping earlier since that date and when i say new comers i mean the ones that are joinng within the last few days. Basically anyone who has joined in after the unlocking of the first puzzles. And i said i had no problems with newcomers on this site no matter what time they joined, the problem i have is that we keep going off into areas that we don't need to creating pages for people to read when they get back on. Do you guys understand where i'm coming from even a little? And what do you mean holier than thou

. There is no way i could have gotten any way near where we are now by myself. I didnt mean to sound full of myself.

The post above was good i applaud the guy for reading the pages and he even stayed on what we're doing in this cchapter of the game.

Hey everybody, been following for the last few days but I've managed to read 90% of all the pages....yes all friggin 175+ from before the split. =)

Anyhow, call me crazy on this, and this may be part of the 10%, but that Fax that you get? She circles the last TIME and then it's mentioned it's the former AT&T building. Seems weird that you circle a time and then refer to a building....just an observation on that, BUT...

To confirm that her name is Lorelei Kitsune, has anyone been able to (or the ability/power to) check the flight information? Verify that these were real flights, where they were going, and more importantly, who was on them? Perhaps find a consistency in the flight logs with the name Kitsune?

Just my (first) 2 cents...

~TheBeef

Yes, I verified every single one of them. They are all real flights (I documented them a number of pages ago). That prompted discussion of why she's arriving in Austin 5 days AFTER the Austin event. Unless you work for the airline or the FBI - you're not going to get your hands on a passenger manifest - they don't post those on their websites.

Oh - and Hawx's - if you've got the time (like the rest of us) to sit around and waste your time with an online game, surely reading a few extra posts won't kill you. This is all for fun (I assure you that most of us are NOT going to get any prizes) - this is one of the few events in the world where all the people involved are excited about using their brains...enjoy it.

Edited by dickey500

It looks like they are covering all of their bases, I just tried to call AMD in austin (512 602-2045) and I replaced the last 4 numbers with 5654 (which spells LOKI) and I got the same recording from the california AMD phone number.

I have been helping earlier since that date and when i say new comers i mean the ones that are joinng within the last few days. Basically anyone who has joined in after the unlocking of the first puzzles. And i said i had no problems with newcomers on this site no matter what time they joined, the problem i have is that we keep going off into areas that we don't need to creating pages for people to read when they get back on. Do you guys understand where i'm coming from even a little? And what do you mean holier than thou

. There is no way i could have gotten any way near where we are now by myself. I didnt mean to sound full of myself.

The post above was good i applaud the guy for reading the pages and he even stayed on what we're doing in this cchapter of the game.

FYI, I've been here all along(check my "join date"), I just haven't posted until now....someone got off on the tangent of the stamps so I thought I'd look into it a bit further. Sure it was pregame/preawareness but since we seem to be at a "stand still" I thought I'd look into other things just like everyone else.

DLW

Apolgy accepted!

FYI, I've been here all along(check my "join date"), I just haven't posted until now....someone got off on the tangent of the stamps so I thought I'd look into it a bit further. Sure it was pregame/preawareness but since we seem to be at a "stand still" I thought I'd look into other things just like everyone else.

DLW

Actually i was pointing out the people that started the trail and i understand what your saying and i think we should have a seperate forum so that in between the chapters we can talk about past stuff. anyone agree?