The REAL game starts... (Puzzle Box 1)

Sorry for the extra posting, but it seems Neowin forums doesn't want me to edit my own posts.

This is an update on the OTHER problem posted earlier. It only happens with Cuckoos, Pocket Watches, and Starfield (for me, at least).

I had already solved the easy puzzles, so I don't know if/how many of them are affected. I hope it's just a glitch.

BTW, my Austin countdown is still running: 18 hrs, 45 minutes, though I wish I could go but can't (no money for gas :cry: ) . The real shame is that I'm currently in DFW. Sooo close....--oh, well. I've asked a friend who lives down there to go for me.

If anybody has any ideas about the OTHER problems, my email is open: it1..SPLAT..cwazy.co.uk

Thanks!

she says: the murmuring rock project is on hold indefinatly and now austin texas is canceled which would be the same as on hold indefinatly.

could be something there between the two but then again I could be thinking to hard into things again...

Where are you seeing that events are canceled? The locations and countdowns still show up on the main Vanishing Point Game website in the Box 2 section...are you seeing something about cancellations on another website?

I agree with Moroz that Loki/Lorelei/Loreley wouldn't have to be wherever the events are if they are prerecorded like in Las Vegas. In that sense, she could everywhere and not even be physically at any of those locations.

That having been said, Azimuth would seem correct as far as the 5th (and true) location being the vanishing point and only location...IF, IF the other four are canceled.

If they do cancel the other four, I think that you'll have a boatload of enthusiast playing this game become eight shades of P'ssed Off, especially if they bought airline tickets and hotel accommodations.

Again, where are you seeing locations canceled?

Where are you seeing that events are canceled? The locations and countdowns still show up on the main Vanishing Point Game website in the Box 2 section...are you seeing something about cancellations on another website?

I agree with Moroz that Loki/Lorelei/Loreley wouldn't have to be wherever the events are if they are prerecorded like in Las Vegas. In that sense, she could everywhere and not even be physically at any of those locations.

That having been said, Azimuth would seem correct as far as the 5th (and true) location being the vanishing point and only location...IF, IF the other four are canceled.

If they do cancel the other four, I think that you'll have a boatload of enthusiast playing this game become eight shades of P'ssed Off, especially if they bought airline tickets and hotel accommodations.

www.vanishingpointgame.com look for austin texas in the second puzzle box 01.13 it says canceled..

post-5928-1168656358.jpg

Do you think that the white squares being clicked have something to do with the countdowns? Cause my austin location appeared cancelled after I went and found all the white meta squares that we know of.

Edit: Also, wasn't the old AMD building in Austin?

Editing yet another edit: ALSO, whats the point of five locations? WHY would they show five videos in five places at seemingly different times? If they are all the same video then whats the point, and if they aren't the same video that seems like alot of wasted time and effort to put in to a puzzle scheme considering by the time the first one ends the website will probably already HAVE the video uploaded.

Edited by Azimuth

post-5928-1168656358.jpg

Eesh....reloaded, reloaded, and reloaded Firefox and heck, even now it STILL shows the countdown. Internet Explorer though does show it cancelled....very odd.

Hello all... first post. Found the site after discovering the 9 white squares and searching for an answer. Anyway, thought I'd chime in on the cancellation... I imagine Austin is getting cancelled because I believe there is a major ice storm headed that way.

Also, while I'm posting, I should point out that there is a typo on the first page summary where it says:

Implying Loki's real name is Lorelei Kitsume & that's basically where we're at

that should be Kitsune, not Kitsume. Also may want to point out that Lorelei can also be spelled as Loreley

... also just noticed same typo in the summary here:

It also reveals Loki's name is "L. Kitsume"

Not for sure but I think there will be only 1 site that has the new clues then they will be posted to the website I think we are suppose to decode where that site will be kinda like the first one...

Guys i swear i like the newcomers but this is getting out of hand. Maybe next next we could find out who made the clothes she's wearing or what color makeup she put on. Seriously the only one that looks like possibly anything is the stamps, but that was pregame stuff. if you haven't noticed everything else that was pregame is gone. You need to focus on what we're doing now and what we're going to do and be patient like most of us instead of writing down every thought that comes into your head. I can tell most of have read the previous pages but theres some that just stick out like a sore thumb. Go Back And Read The Pages. I agree with +Rich and that newcomers are welcome and yes we could use they're help but don'tgo and put crappy posts on here. I'm thinking about creating another forum or something and inviting all the guys that have helped out so far if anyone has any comments please tell me because i can already tell that come tommorrow when they unlock the next box we're going to get 20 posts a second on here and most of them won't be anything. I'm srry if you take this the wrong way but think before you post.

Well the only reason all of this is coming up is because all the puzzles but the meta one are solved. So people are trying to grab on to something and figure out if they can see anything else. I can see you agitation but really (me personally) an i think other people too cant wait to get the next puzzles so they do the next best thing: speculate about the only one that hasn't been solved. Its only natural i think

A lot of the images, spoted by the uses, look like the Windings2 images. Maybe i'm nuts...

Someone should probably take the time to "translate" those to real letters and see if that brings up anything. (Notice the interobang, and some time symbols, the same type of the "devil hooks as characters as the cooko-clocks

Windings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wingdings2.png

zoomed-in-images

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtop...ach&id=6878

How come the website says she'll post new puzzles each week, but it's only been five days since the last one? That's not a week. But after that they are 7 days apart.. hrm?

random/ did anyone get invitation to vista and office launch in Seattle i got one and it said people who go there get a free code for office 2007 but you have to download it your self

GDESINR - U are right. There is a major ice storm heading for Austin. I live in Houston and was going to attend the Austin event but the ice storm is going to be in Austin and almost to Houston by then so I can't go. Dangit!!!! Anyway, I tend to agree with Boazer, there will probably be only one site. Like Loki said, "Things in my world disappear".... Maybe Austin was the first to dissappear?

Perhaps Austin was cancelled due to weather......(I'm in Texas, not too far from there, and we have Ice Storm warnings......just a thought)

edit: jmfraz74 beat me to it.....n/m

Perhaps Austin was cancelled due to weather......(I'm in Texas, not too far from there, and we have Ice Storm warnings......just a thought)

edit: jmfraz74 beat me to it.....n/m

Man I am glad I live in SOUTH Texas. Though we have rain this up coming week, it doesn't look any worse than the 60's. After you live down here long enough you actually forget that the rest of the country/world get's cold.

anyway I guess that saved me 11 hours of my life drive time just to watch a video :p

Amen to that THEQUESTOR, I can't stand the cold. Hope the ice doesn't make it as far as Houston. Do you think it is the ice that cancelled Austin? At first I thought it was going to be in one site since Loki said things in her world disappear and I thought maybe sites would disappear but now I have thought it through and it has to be the ice storm. Could you imagine people from all over the world showing up to a cancelled event? Not gonna happen. Too much bad PR.

Amen to that THEQUESTOR, I can't stand the cold. Hope the ice doesn't make it as far as Houston. Do you think it is the ice that cancelled Austin? At first I thought it was going to be in one site since Loki said things in her world disappear and I thought maybe sites would disappear but now I have thought it through and it has to be the ice storm. Could you imagine people from all over the world showing up to a cancelled event? Not gonna happen. Too much bad PR.

Nasty stuff for sure.

And I just wanted to wish anyone in the storms path good luck and keep warm and safe.

Nasty stuff for sure.

And I just wanted to wish anyone in the storms path good luck and keep warm and safe.

guys thats nothing. its 10 below with a windshield of 30 which means it feels like 40 below ;) man i wish i was in florida

my thought is that there will only be one real event. this would account for the different times for the countdowns- people dont know what time or place it will be- and what better event to cancel than one that already looks like its going to be nasty weather. on the other hand, it could be just an ice storm...

guys thats nothing. its 10 below with a windshield of 30 which means it feels like 40 below ;) man i wish i was in florida

i have to agree with you. it was subzero here today with a windchill of idk what :p