For sale: World

The interesting thing I keep wondering is how are they going to get Internet? Surely the MPAA and RIAA are going to apply pressure somehow to get their Internet cut off. No one is going to recognize them as a country.

How does the sealand get power? from UK? then the UK government (pressured by RIAA/MPAA could cut it off).

In reality, I believe Sealand owners might refuse to sell it to PB and sell it to a more responsible buyer that will actually use it.

I don't think Sealand is a country. UK should have the right to do they do to this installation since it's so near UK.

It's not a country, it's a micronation - basically self proclaimed independence from a real nation.

It's still in British territorial waters and technically still belongs to the MoD.

It has no legal status as a nation, and British laws apply.

IMO, what's surprising isn't the amount of money they're asking for, but rather that they COULDN'T RETAKE IT WHEN THEY TRIED. Are you kidding?

Actually, strike that. What's most surprising is they actually TRIED TO RETAKE IT.

Click Here Wow! look at this ugly island

It is 35,000 acres though with its own streams and peaks! :p

I was looking at that site, and to me a lot of those seem like a good deal. If i had say 10-15 million thats what i would do. Some are like 200 acres for $1 million, and in the tropics. Where i live the price is about $15,000 an acre, so that is cheap. The lot behind my house is a bargin at $250,000 for 18 acres. Some are huge too, one was like 2,000 acres.

Felixtowe :p

:laugh:

Scirwode

Click Here Wow! look at this ugly island

It is 35,000 acres though with its own streams and peaks! :p

The shape of Cerralvo island reminds me of the shape of Isla Nublar, in Jurassic Park... :wub:

I'm buying it and building a Dinosaur Preserve. It's not really off of the coast of Costa Rica, but off the coast of Mexico will do... :D

What do you guys think about us buying our own island, Neoland?

That's good.

The UK may tolerate some family living on the rig and not paying taxes because of the PR issue of sending in an invasion force to retake their property.

If the rig is used for a nefarious reason that PR problem disappears and the UK government would be free to re-nationalize the rig that they originally built and paid for.

1. :p
  2. Yeah, it would be suicide for The Pirate Bay to buy Sealand, UK can just raid the place.