Meta Puzzle Finale--Bring All Clues!

The coat of arms is for the city of Odessa, Link here.

I have absolutely, 100% NO IDEA what this means, at this time.

But I will.

It could be related to the ODESSA organization and that Loki has a secret route to vanish ....

http://www.fleurdelis.com/meanings.htm

A list of the meanings behind different Coat of Arms/Crests symbols

Anchor: Hope; religious steadfastness

Grapes: Liberality, felicity, and peace; also, association with wine-making

Wheat-Ears: Faithful

Wheat Garb or Sheaf: The harvest of one's hopes has been secured

Perhaps this is the mystery spot we start from.

http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/roamingroaming/

Good, you're paying attention.

When the time is right, I'll ask you a question. For now, follow this trail to get the word it leads to.

TANLI

1. Mystery Spot

2. 5874.61 miles

3. 1049.62 miles

4. 1161.79 miles

5. 153.48 miles

6. 543.55 miles

7. 652.2 miles

8. 4909.96 miles

9. 548.42 miles

Physical presence not required.

remember its not what is my name?

its what, is, my, name

And if you enter something, the next page is signed "L.O.K.I", which may hint at this being the initial letters of the four names. She also mentions in the video 4 different characters, one of which is a "drama queen" (from General Hospital, I suppose?). So maybe you have to enter something like "Lorelei, Odessa, K????, I????"...

And if you enter something, the next page is signed "L.O.K.I", which may hint at this being the initial letters of the four names. She also mentions in the video 4 different characters, one of which is a "drama queen" (from General Hospital, I suppose?). So maybe you have to enter something like "Lorelei, Odessa, K????, I????"...

Her real name is Minae Noji so I don't think that will work.

Her real name is Minae Noji so I don't think that will work.

What's the name of the character she plays in General Hospital...? It appears to be "Dr Kelly Lee". That'd fit the "K". So we're at "Lorelei,Odessa,Kelly,I????"...

Googling the word at the bottom of that page (TANLI) brings up a page explaining the TANLI navigation waypoint off the coast of Libya. I'm not sure if this means anything, but the coordinates are: 33? 30' 0N 11? 30' 0E.

Lemme know if that helps.

My wife did some research and came up with the following theory:

Lorelei - Folklore (German Folklore)

Odessa - History (Ukranian colony founded by Greece)

Kara - Stage Arts (Asian Comic, South Korea)

Irene - Physics (Physicist daughet of Marie Curie, also a town in South Africa)

I haven't tried to map out the coordinates but I'm hoping going from something like the TANLI waypoint following those dirs ends up at Iren:):) Either way that's our guess.

At least people can't just add tons of different names and hope one of them fits since they only take your last entry.

You just have to hope if you do change it later that the one you put down first wasn't the right one and you blew it! heh

Following the directions from the Tanli waypoint off Libya, you end up at Giza, Egypt.

That is what I am looking at right now. Something that is pretty interesting is to google phi spiral and golden rectangle. The phi symbol and shapes that look like the golden rectangle are shown in the puzzles.

Im probably way off and someone at Microsoft is laughing at me right now.

There's a Tanli city in China...mystery spot?

My thinking is that TANLI is a hint to the names of the spots which are distanced by the given distances. Starting at Seattle, I found that (T)irana, the capital of Albania is almost exactly the first distance away. The distance (T)irana -> (A)msterdam almost fits as well. But I don't know where to go from there. There are more distances than letters in TANLI, so maybe not all spots are given...

By now, I'm certain that many others have come to the same conclusion that I have:

Lorelei (murmuring rock, Loki, all that stuff from the pregame)

Odessa (Odessa Obelast Coat of Arms)

Kara (from Hex 6B6171261 after solving the crossword from more_answers)

Inari (Inari, Japan, where you get to from TanLi, China--mainland, where the legend of the Seven Brothers comes from)

So that's my best guess, unless someone can come up with a program L.O.K.I.--in the great tradition of D.A.R.R.Y.L., W.O.P.R., H.A.L., and all those other great sci-fi flicks.... you can post here if you find one :D

Thanks for the fun time, everybody! I personally think that whoever wins should request that AMD carve "Neowin.net" on the chip, too!

That's gotta be it. I tried following the directions from Fremont Studios, and ended up near Flint, Michigan. Then I tried the directions from the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz and ended up somewhere on the Mississippi/Alabama border. And no towns that start with "I" to be seen.

By now, I'm certain that many others have come to the same conclusion that I have:

Lorelei (murmuring rock, Loki, all that stuff from the pregame)

Odessa (Odessa Obelast Coat of Arms)

Kara (from Hex 6B6171261 after solving the crossword from more_answers)

Inari (Inari, Japan, where you get to from TanLi, China--mainland, where the legend of the Seven Brothers comes from)

So that's my best guess, unless someone can come up with a program L.O.K.I.--in the great tradition of D.A.R.R.Y.L., W.O.P.R., H.A.L., and all those other great sci-fi flicks.... you can post here if you find one :D

Thanks for the fun time, everybody! I personally think that whoever wins should request that AMD carve "Neowin.net" on the chip, too!

Hmm, sounds plausible but I just don't understand why they would give us "Mystery Spot" as the starting point, only to spell out the answer (loudly I might add) as "TANLI" on the same page. Seems counter-intuitive to me.

From a Previous Neowin Post:

Following the directions from the Tanli waypoint off Libya, you end up at Giza, Egypt.

My thought is that the mystery point lies in the map of the pyramids of giza from box 3.

I also believe that to get to the location, the calculation must take into account the value of pi. Pi has played too large a role in this game for it to not be considered. I don't know the formula, but certainly someone here does...

First off, what is the Vanishing Point (mathmaticaly speaking.) Just an idea, but I'm going with the Golden Ratio, this is the ratio used in perfect spirals, the construction of The Great Pyramid of Giza, and is also (wait for it) the ratio between the Sun, Moon, and Earth during a full solar eclipse.

In the Video Loki posted on YouTube the word "formula" flashes 4 or 5 times and is easily seen at the beginning of the video. Maybe the mathmatical equation or formula she gave us in her pre-game bio is needed for something. I know I seem to be stuck on this math thing, but I really do think it leads us somewhere.

My Post:

This could explain how the TANLI fits in with the coordinates to lead you to Giza, which in turn takes you back to the puzzle clues to find the end answer.

Several posts have mentioned that one word should be the answer, when it is most probable that each of the 4 leads you to one word each, making the final answer all 4 words for the 4 names.

From the info so far: Lorelei, Odessa, Kara, I ?

I am also for Team Neowin on the AMD chip.