Meta Puzzle Finale--Bring All Clues!

i was able to catch a print screen of box 3 flashing words..... it ended up to be complete gibberish of letters...

Pe oplerdisadp ae

i'm pretty sure its not a clue

it's an anagram. Disappeared with the left over letters of l o p and e. Same thing goes for her title, "Enigma Director" turns into Geometrician with the left over letters of D and R. Prehaps it's short for Doctor?

Plugging in left over information, I find LOPE to be linked to Geometrician by Lope de Vega. A writer who is linked to Migel Cervantes, the writer of the first known novel, Don Quixote.

I think I'm seeing too many patterns here, but regardless, I can't seem to put the information towards anything usable.

So far the idea of a geometrician has been linked to artist/scientist Leonardo to writer/folklore Lope de Vega. *Eye begins to twitch*

I need a new take on this. Can anyone help extrapolate on these ideas?

p.s. the Kitsune name is just another fabrication. Like Loki, the name Kitsume can be traced to a magical demon fox in Japanese lore.

Unless the REAL directions being given are by the hand she lowers the glasses with... Wouldn't be the first misdirection (remember WAVES)?

...ok, I haven't gone through the entire discussion yet, but I had a thought while reading through...

Has anyone paused any of the videos at the point where she lowers her glasses? Is there anything reflected in the lenses? Granted, the clarity of the videos isn't all that fantastic, but perhaps with some enhancement software and a good eye we might see something?

I'm still catching up on the whole thing - I just found out about it this past weekend, so please forgive me if I've repeated anything...

Cheers!

i was able to catch a print screen of box 3 flashing words..... it ended up to be complete gibberish of letters...

Pe oplerdisadp ae

i'm pretty sure its not a clue

We discussed that before, there is nothing there.

My .02

I've been contimplating the clues in the videos.

If you noticed back at the begining the first box's bonus video took us to a site that indicacted that we are looking for a word not a name. We have been thinking too much into this. There is only one cllue per video for the Meta Puzzle. In the first one it was her GPA. the second one it was the professor climbing in through the window and the third one was her 21st birthday. 3.1416 was the final version of the orginal windows. Windows is obvious. But her 21st birthday threw me for a second. Windows was orginally released on November 1985 Vista was released November 2006(Business side). For those that don't see this when she talked about her birthday she stated that "On my 21st birthday I visited almost every country in the world." Either she was super woman to fly around the world in a day or she was a program delivered to different countries. Also LOKI was the name of a database program with Microsoft. Let me know what you guys think.

Birddawg

Edited by birddawg

I've been contimplating the clues in the videos.

If you noticed back at the begining the first box's bonus video took us to a site that indicacted that we are looking for a word not a name. We have been thinking too much into this. There is only one cllue per video for the Meta Puzzle. In the first one it was her GPA. the second one it was the professor climbing in through the window and the third one was her 21st birthday. 3.1416 was the final version of the orginal windows. Windows is obvious. But her 21st birthday threw me for a second. Windows was orginally released on November 1985 Vista was released November 2006(Business side). For those that don't see this when she talked about her birthday she stated that "On my 21st birthday I visited almost every country in the world." Either she was super woman to fly around the world in a day or she was a program delivered to different countries. Let me know what you guys think.

Birddawg

Hey Birddawg. She did not say "On my 21st birthday"...she says "BY my 21st birthday i've visited almost every country in the world"

It only responds once. (at least thats what was happening before).

I got it twice... when I thought I found her vanishing point. it was the same email that I got before... but I did get it twice.

Hey Birddawg. She did not say "On my 21st birthday"...she says "BY my 21st birthday i've visited almost every country in the world"

Thanks Chipher. I knew I was missing something that's why I wanted to post that to see what I had missed.

3.1416 was the final version of the orginal windows.

Where did you get this info? Been using Windows since 1985, but I don't remember 3.14x... I remember 3.12 though, so there could easily have been other minor revs I didn't install.

Has anyone come up with some Windows component that is no longer in Vista, but was in all previous versions? Someone mentioned DOS, but that was gone with XP (for Home editions) and NT (for everything else).

I just did a search on windows 3.1416 and ...

"I recently upgraded to Windows 95 from Windows 3.1416, and I've noticed that when...."

also there is a result in Russian that is also a guy talking about upgrading from3.1416 to 95 and everywhere i search its exactly the same.

Dunno how it relates tho

Has anyone noticed that the name of the bonus video for week 3 is vidloki_eras1987. 1987 possibly being a clue to a year when something special happened to loki, whomever or whatever she is.

I just did a search on windows 3.1416 and ...

Yes what is really funny is the response he got ....

REPLY TO: WINDOWS PROBLEM

I had exactly the same problem, and after a lot of trial and error I

found out that if you click on the Windows Control Panel, then on

Command Center, then on Reset Variables, then on Establish New

Parameters, then on Define Standards, then on Modify Criteria, then on

Effectuate Paradigms, then on the little icon that says Do Not Ever

Click On This Little Icon, then go down to the box that says Enter New

Value, and type in 2038, you will still have the same problem. This is

why I started using heroin.

Perhaps we are going to suffer the same sh*t with Vista ?

What brings to mind an old pic I saved ...

post-195618-1169573205.jpg

Cheers

Cheers

Wow lol i laughed..... :):):):)

Ok, need help on a Meta Puzzle clue.

I'm looking for info about the two paintings in the challenge video. Yeah, the vertical stripe ones with symbols like "Oo"s.

So far, I've found artists like Daniel Buren, Olivier Mosset, and Tim Bavington. Buren has done stunts like covering a museum doorway with a fabric wall (painted white at the bottom). Mosset is big on public display, puzzles, and tie-ins to his work. Bavington has some west coast links (lives in Vegas, just did exhibition in Portland), in his works the stripes represent music and the passage of music through time (or something like that).

Anyway, they all do vertical stripes (Buren & Mosset also worked with someone who did horizonal bars over other works, ala loki.jpg).

PLEASE anyone who can, help me put together pieces to see if this goes anywhere. Looking for the name of the artist, name of the print, and ultimately decoding the Oos.

Buren example:

post-196508-1169576534_thumb.jpg

Check out the spines of the books in the third set of puzzles.

Each spine is different with multiple books having a line and dot symbol on the spine somewhere. (similar to the inner wheel on the calendar puzzle)

Also noticed that the first and last spines have the same design, but upside down.

Don't know what to make of it- but check it out, see if anything hits you.

Cheers

ROFL!!

Laughed... so... hard... now... in... pain!!! :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Hey people, I'm new to this whole world - but I appreciate all of your insights.

Here's a line of thought in a little different direction. We all know that there are three puzzles in each box that don't have "White Boxes" in them. I have read the suggestion (I can't remember where) that a relationship between these answers could indicate another clue. My theory includes the following:

Box 1:

Sundial - "Helios"

Pocket Watches - "Green"

Current Events - "Horizon"

Box 2:

Cups and Balls - "Stage"

Magic Lesson - "Sewanee" (TN)

Tale of 2 Brothers - "Amaze"

Box 3:

Disco Inferno - "This world is a mess"

Calendar Wheel - "Bronze"

Pirate Treasure - "seventeen"

Box 4:

Unknown

If this were a clue, the next step would be to connect these concepts.

Box 1 (discussion):

These three concepts come together in a phenomenon refered to as a GREEN FLASH. You can see the following link for more information. http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/

Box 2 (discussion):

Sewanee is the most obscure, and perhaps therefore the best place to start. In Sewanee, TN is located the University of the South, which has a drama program and the location STAGE they use is the Tennessee Williams Center. He was a famous playwrite, most famous for "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and "A Streetcar named Desire."

Box 3 (discussion):

"This world today is a mess" is a song made famous by Donna Hightower. Are there any BRONZE tall Towers, 17th century, I don't know?

This could all be random, or not. It seems more compelling to me when I overlay Lorelei's majors as a matrix. She majored in: Physics, Stage Arts, History, and Folklore.

Physics: Helios, Green, Horizon

Stage Arts: Stage, Sewanee, Amaze

History: "This World Today is a mess" (by Hightower), Bronze, 17

Folklore: ---

Let me know what you think, I think this is new info.

Here's a line of thought in a little different direction. We all know that there are three puzzles in each box that don't have "White Boxes" in them. I have read the suggestion (I can't remember where) that a relationship between these answers could indicate another clue. My theory includes the following:

Yep, I posted this theory in unfiction http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17918 I took the hint from the MIT bulletin board gag from the puzzle box two video. I also think based on the Loki's photographic mempry talent, that we will find an address (which we can reverse look-up) in these answers that will lead us to the next phone number.

I've been staring a map of Sewanee for days, but can't find the corelation. There is a "greenview" drive that overlooks a golf coarse to the east. I checked google maps and MSN Live maps. It doesn't look like there are any homes on that road.

I think that you guys should focus on WHAT Loki is. Its obvious that she is referring to herself as a particular object or thing. Visting every country by her 21st birthday? Its possible for a person to do this but very unlikely. Should start finding things that are in every country or has been to every country. Phones, internet, gadgets. It very possible that the white boxes are there to throw everyone off course. It very well could be her own symbol she created or the symbol of whatever she represents, but its obviously not a symbol that is referenced on the web. Keep brainstorming!

meta puzzle:

RIGHT

UP

RIGHT

DOWN

LEFT

next direction will be presumably from solving the next box - making the sixth direction ( or number in a grid)

The final number and/or area code will be from where? The first one to call it wins the meta prize??

I'll bet you it's "up"

Have you seen the latest?

Final Event Invitation

It is listed on the main game page

I took a trip to Seattle once, and one of the things we did was the Duck Tour, which took us out onto the water, and we went by the gasworks park area. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the "transportation" is the fleet of Duck Tour vehicles..

Seattle.

I'm seriously thinking of flying to Seattle. Not that I'm going to solve anything...I just feel the need to be THERE :shiftyninja: .

Anyone else thinking of flying in for the party or am I just nuts?

Now, to convince my husband (I'm not totally crazy) and find a last minute reasonably priced ticket!

Seattle.

I'm seriously thinking of flying to Seattle. Not that I'm going to solve anything...I just feel the need to be THERE :shiftyninja: .

Anyone else thinking of flying in for the party or am I just nuts?

Now, to convince my husband (I'm not totally crazy) and find a last minute reasonably priced ticket!

Just confirmed flight from Indiana. You're not crazy.

See you there!