Meta Puzzle Finale--Bring All Clues!

I know a few people are hooked on the "eo el disa i r" thing but does anyone still have what box 3 switched to?

box 3 and 4 phrases switch to eo el disa i r

but actually i think there are more spaces in between the a the i and the r...like this:

eo_el_disa__i__r

I call the phone number (866) 523-5127 from the /awakened page, and give my fax number. But then it asks for a three digit fax document number. What is that number?

Well, you had me going for a minute!

001 will give you the same fax as before. Don't know if there are any other valid document #s.

Okay, I'm new here. I've never posted before. But, I've been intrigued by this game, and have been following along for sometime now. Hopefully this information is helpful in some way shape or form.

First, I hope I'm not pointing out the obvious, but I don't think it has been discussed her yet. On the equation Loki gave us in her bio, the

1,1...]=1+etc.

Seems to be an equation to figure out a number known as "Phi." It is known as the "golden ratio" and tons of info can be found about it here: http://jwilson.coe.uga.edu/EMT669/Student....oldenratio.html

That link even has the same "graph" looking picture that Loki posted, and the equation also contains the Greek "phi" symbol.

Also in the letters that flash on the screen, the:

eo el disa i r

and

peopler disapdP ae

Could the "ae" be the latin symbol, which is used in many languages? I'm not sure if it means anything or not though. Here is a link with more info about the "ae." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86

My last thought for now is that the "el" could mean god or God. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(god)

Sorry if all of that information is pointless, I'm just trying to help contribute to the common good.

Ohhhh, that first link; http://jwilson.coe.uga.edu/EMT669/Student....oldenratio.html

...would point to what I thought all along (well, at least since the Loreley poem), that it was pointing to the word "Golden" and not the "L" name.

what would the start positions be in the alphabet for each rotor

eqrqtowzt?

On another topic, I still haven't recieved an acknowledgement for the party but RSVP'd yesterday. Have I been vanished?

eqrqtowzt?

On another topic, I still haven't recieved an acknowledgement for the party but RSVP'd yesterday. Have I been vanished?

what the hell?

GIZA!!!! Orion Correlation

I've been researching this tangent. This is what I have from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giza_Necropolis:

"Although hypotheses put forward by Robert Bauval are universally regarded by mainstream archaeologists (Lehner 1997) and Egyptologists as a form of pseudoscience, Robert Bauval and Adrian Gilbert (1994) proposed that the three main pyramids at Giza form a pattern on the ground that is virtually identical to that of the three belt stars of the Orion constellation."

If we cover the constellation with the diagram from the puzzle the intersection of the two lines or the center of the circle is orion's left knee or the Star Rigel ( haven't found anything to tie this in). Another interesting point is that the line that Bi-sects the two larger Pyramid runs directly through the Sphinx or Phix, also found a translation reference to Nyx (primordial goddess of the night) or Nix in one of the articles. I can't find it now but Lorelei is also a nix.

Other interesting topics the (from wikipedia) Oedipus Riddle:

Sphinx Q: "What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?

A: "Man, as a baby man crawls on four legs; as an adult walks on two legs; when old, man uses a cane."

(It should be noted that the answer to the Sphinx's riddle applies to Oedipus more than any other man. As an infant with hobbled ankles, it is fair to assume he took much longer to learn to walk than normal. As a blind man in his old age, he required the use of a cane more than normal.)

So...

Then I started thinking what what is the Major theme in the contest and META puzzle in general. It's not geographically, or culturally finite. The story line for the META spans thousands of years of human history that have been cross-pollinated altered and dressed up with new fancy languages. The whole thing is Ironic. Of course we will find tons of connection. The more we look, the more coincidences and connections we will find in history. Some may be gradual logical steps others complete leaps in logic, but we are all analysing what we perceive as important information to solve the puzzle and contributing collectively to these forums a central base to exchange those idea's. enter AI

Someone posted a link to a Microsoft AI research article about a viral networking/communications and AI confrence in 2004. I read it noticed that one of the members didn't have a picture so I dove into a large library of papers written by this person, and spend several hours socratically attempting to understand some basic idea's regarding the study of AI as it is today. I have read Dennet, Hofstadter, and Kurzweil most of the which is 20 yrs old. What really struck me was the study of nodes (vectors of data) "information bursts." I noticed a similarity to Jung's collective unconscious. What a cool Idea!

I can't believe how Socratic the entire experience. I have made many new connections in own conciousness. I'm guessing that we're providing plenty of data for free to Microsoft and other Scholars for their AI research. Some poeple may think Ooooo Scary, and others Awesome. The fact of the matter is that techonology is aleady headed down that path and we should all start brushing up on Transhuman ethics.

My guess is Loki is not an actress, but real person, a professer with a Ph.D focusing in AI. This game is a case study on the application of AI viral communications, and we are all willing and even enthusiastic participants. Plus there are cool prizes, and all we really give up are statistics.

Mind you this is all strickly speculation, and personal opinion.

As Confusio says...

Cheers

Great post Drfacade

Second. On a whim I sent an email to l.kitsune@microsoft.com and @amd.com. The mirosoft sent an immediate failure to deliver...the l.kitsune@amd.com however, been 15 minutes with no failure email...hmmmmmmmm, prbly nothing though.

On another note...has anyone else realized that this puzzle is FAR to easy to become obsessed with. Not to draw from facades theory, but it is almost Jungish how easily you can get pulled in, as though we are all feeding each others desire to solve this. Creepy.

the "eo el disa i r" thing is most likely there because they just used the same effect on the text in box 3 as box 4... that text is simply a jumbled "people disappear", nothing else. if you want a close up though i made one ages ago when i saw it.

post-102147-1169761072.png

box 3 and 4 phrases switch to eo el disa i r

but actually i think there are more spaces in between the a the i and the r...like this:

eo_el_disa__i__r

I thought box 3 had its own set of characters.

the "eo el disa i r" thing is most likely there because they just used the same effect on the text in box 3 as box 4... that text is simply a jumbled "people disappear", nothing else. if you want a close up though i made one ages ago when i saw it.

as stated previously....why would it just be a graphical effect when it is ONLY on box 3 and 4? not 1 and 2.

PLUS...the phrase(s) do not jump around (thus showing the ciphertext) until after it is already fully visible. Seems like a wasted "effect" if it is one.

I really think something is there.

Great post Drfacade

Second. On a whim I sent an email to l.kitsune@microsoft.com and @amd.com. The mirosoft sent an immediate failure to deliver...the l.kitsune@amd.com however, been 15 minutes with no failure email...hmmmmmmmm, prbly nothing though.

On another note...has anyone else realized that this puzzle is FAR to easy to become obsessed with. Not to draw from facades theory, but it is almost Jungish how easily you can get pulled in, as though we are all feeding each others desire to solve this. Creepy.

l.kitsune@amd.com never bounces - i've been sending emails there for two weeks (about 30) with different subject line even BCC's. never bounces. I think this is where we send our answer. that "WORD" what ever it is.

ALSO..lets analyze that image...

-the 's' is upside down

-what is that..an 'i' or a '1'??

-is that a colon (:) next to 'disa'?

post-195219-1169761642.png

Does anyone else think that the answer to X-Ray cards is strange? 2:H, 4:D, 6:H, A:S, 5:C

Why would the puzzle be designed to give us...2:H, 4:D, 6:H, A:S, 5:C instead of a word or phrase like all the others? Do these mean anything to anyone?

They looked like output for ROT47 cipher. I put them in but got nothing:

aiw[ cis[ eiw[ pi$[ dir

I thought, maybe pi directory, so I tried www.vanishingpointgame.com/pi

Nothing. So I tried anagram. Again nothing really standing out.

ALSO..lets analyze that image...

-the 's' is upside down

-what is that..an 'i' or a '1'??

-is that a colon (:) next to 'disa'?

Too many "L"'s for people disappear. It is an anagram for Sad Lorelei.

In the Video Loki posted on YouTube the word "formula" flashes 4 or 5 times and is easily seen at the beginning of the video. Maybe the mathmatical equation or formula she gave us in her pre-game bio is needed for something. I know I seem to be stuck on this math thing, but I really do think it leads us somewhere.

yeah, if i win (which is pretty unlikely, someone like superrob seems more suitable for winning) then i'd put down "troist neowin.net" or something... i don't know how long they'd let it be though. hopefully any neowinians who win will put down their user and neowin, but its up to them if they get win.

I agree. If I win I'll get /neowin.net there somehow!

hey, check out this link "www.aspnetcharts.com/" it is the final link when doing a google search for the username Lokivanishes, a user made hoax? or perhaps another clue.

Is the same image as shown in lokivanishes.com

most probably not connected to the game.

I'd suggest you take some time to read some of the previous messages posted in the different

threads, I know that they are quite a number but it may help to get more information and

ideas for items and clues that have been discussed before.

My.02

We have missed something big. In the main game page after clicking on

puzzle box 2 the following text appears above and to the right of Magic happens...

"Keep your eyes on these countdowns for changes."

The text letters are made of multiple clickable segments.

Get cracking guys!

GIZA!!!! Orion Correlation

Interesting theory.

Loki is a "fictional character" as per msft and e42 people, but obvioulsy play by a real

person who some folks had a chance to meet at CES.

What the character "is" or represents ? not clear yet.

The biggest challenge with this "meta puzzle" is that we are seeing too many clues

and we are trying to connect the dots when we don't still have all the dots, we are

finding and learning about multiple very interesting things, but at the end for a large

percentage of them we'll find that they were not connected at all with the game.

Could be that this diversion has been created by design to complicate being focused

on the real matter ? possible.

Just remember the context of this game, it's actually a very clever marketing campaign

to create buzz around the launch of Vista.

On the very first message from Loki about this challenge we learned that for years she

has been trying to find the way to build "something" and now she is taking this

oportunity to find some help.

So what is that "something" ?

And she also said, "when the time is right I'll ask you a question", not a bad approach

but we are trying to guess the answer when we don't have a clue at all what the

question is.

Then with this level of incertainity, everything is possible and makes sense.

I'm very anxious to learn what is going to be the "question" ...

As I say... -)

Cheers

We have missed something big. In the main game page after clicking on

puzzle box 2 the following text appears above and to the right of Magic happens...

"Keep your eyes on these countdowns for changes."

The text letters are made of multiple clickable segments.

Get cracking guys!

You're right, each letter is clickable... seems they drew the letters with regions or something. Not sure if it's a real clue or just a programmer's (bad?) choice.

On the subject of the horizontal lines in between text in upper right of each box:

If you take the text on the opposite side of the narrow lines from the thick lines, it appears there are anagrams present.

In each of these, it's possible I'm missing a letter from one end or the other (or have included an extra on one end or the other). Please review the actual text yourself.

Box 1:

Time is nat, everything fr, once

Box 2:

e the vanishing point, oint, ?Step right up?

Box 3:

ost eras is my, orite kind of m, ng humanity as th, killer and history the eviden, scene of the crime

Anyway... when you start to descramble these, there are many words that look relevant and start to form sentences (in my muddled brain). If this is valid, I'm sure there are clues somewhere to tell us a little about how to arrange these (or maybe not :).

Please give a couple a try, I need to take off for a few hours and can't work them anymore now.

Edit: But wait, there's more! Just starting on the vpg home page, in the first bolder section you have: "ishing point" : "His noting PI..." Refers to the recruiter? Not sure how to break up the rest of the line though.

Edited by tgeairn