Glass Toast for Vista

in Vista, the balloon popups look like the ones from XP.

WGA_balloon.jpg

However, at some point in the longhorn beta's, they actually looked like this:

post-550-1169566961.jpg

Actually, that is not a balloon popup. It's a Messenger popup. Different things.

But still, this is looking nice!

it looks really great, but as somebody else stated the consept video shows a messenger popup. Some details differ therefore, for instance your balloons don't indicate the owner of the message like standard balloons do.

Hope you keep working on it though, it just looks beatiful.

Thanks for the x64 compile offer, but I'm already downloading x64 platformsdk files now - it's probably better, because I'm currently recompiling a lot :)

Great! Thanks! :)

oooh! nice going there, Ave!

how about implementing the vaporware universal notification framework that Longhorn promised and Vista never got? ;) (yes this is another vote for implementing something akin to Growl in Windows :p)

Very nice!

It's still a bit too small and occasionally the icon on the left spills out of the toast. Also if the application is still running and the user logs off, Explorer crashes with a 0x10001010 error.

can you make this a long term project thats analogous to growl for mac? give those mac fanboys a run for their money yes!?!!!!
No.
Looks great, now we just need to get apps to hook into this (i.e. Gaim incoming IMs would be cool)

No. After I do it for one everybody will be screaming for their favorite app to be supported.

oh yea thats great showing people you downloaded DreamScene :p

no what your seeing is a Vista Glitch or bug he isant realy donwlaoding software he shouldnt have yet and not from an ofical source

put up some mini site for this app so it's easier to follow development :p

really a nice idea, will definately give it a try sooner or later.

-fm