Glass Toast for Vista

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2.

After installing VC++ 2005 Runtimes, I finally get the glasstoast working. The popups worked great.

While using glasstoast and successfully connected to the internet, the popup come up, stating network connected established. However, the network icon (two small monitors) didn't show up in the tray notification area.

Then, I quit the internet and glasstoast, reconnect, the network icon is shown again.

It this a bug?

Thanks.

Im having the same problem too.. :(

um wtf the default display for that is already like you skinned it. no customization needed. it looks NOTHING like Windows XP's notification :o

im completely confused as to what this is made for as it doesnt need it, it already has the glassy look and everything on it.

um wtf the default display for that is already like you skinned it. no customization needed. it looks NOTHING like Windows XP's notification :o

im completely confused as to what this is made for as it doesnt need it, it already has the glassy look and everything on it.

So you're saying that there's no difference between these? It's just a change to the format to make it look more like older Longhorn builds. The content of the notification isn't supposed to be different, it's just a change in how it's framed.

post-182672-1170974480.jpg

post-182672-1170974492.jpg

Excellent Work! I'm using it on XP, but will give it a try on Vista soon. It would be cool to see the blurred glass on Vista, though. I'm sure it's possible. Even if you were to make a separate version that just uses a standard window frame... :)

• 4 months later...
That's all possible in look.ini and changing the skin.

Glasstoast.exe knows a "-silence" commandline arguments, which will make the starting balloon not popup.

What file or command do I need to modify in order to use the "-silence" commandline argument? Everything works fine on my machine, but I'd love to have it in my startup group and not get the starting balloon. If someone could show an example of what the silence command should look like and where to add it I would appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is pretty damn cool, seeing as it over rides the standard toast popups rather than implementing them differently like snarl, which is a pretty stupid idea i think. Nice simple improvement. I've noticed some bugs with it when it has to display popups in quick succession (it doesn't display them, or sometimes it hangs on one), and some other little things that have stopped me from using it. Is there any chance of getting the source code? Is it going to be developed further? Just wondering,

-Jake

Source code is freely available:

This application has been released as "GlassToasts" a while ago.

For anyone curious, here are the sources for the application:

http://mpj.tomaatnet.nl/GlassToastFiles.zip

Basically, the apps hooks into the tray, intercepts WM_COPYDATA messages sent to the tray by the Shell_NotifyIcon() API and passes them to the GlassToasts app. The GlassToast app then simply queues each balloon and displays them as an owner drawn window, after decoding the WM_COPYDATA data.

The code is quickly hacked together, but it works.

• 2 weeks later...

any progress on the windows messenger alerts? also for the Longhorn skin is there anyway to have it move to the left of the sidebar in vista instead of over it because whenever you are doing something else it hides under it by half or more.

backdrop.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This program is very useful it gets rid of the annoying yellow messages of xp that did not match with my computer's them , so thanks ! :D

But Im not very smart about computers and cant seem to figure out how to use the commandline switch "-silence"

which from what I read stops the message from poping up every time I start up my computer.

So if anyone knows how to stop the message from poping up every time at start up , and how a cammanline switch works it would help me a loot because I have been reading in several locations to try to figure it out for about 4h now and im starting to feal kind of stupid , im not very smart ween it comes to things like this so it would help a lot.

Thanks.

Never mind Andreas told me how to do it.

just go to the property's button on your shortcut and add to the path " -silence". with out the quotation marks.

Yep cant believe that it was that simple. :)

By the way sorry about the 2 posts side by side I could not find the edit button on my other post.