Glass Toast for Vista

your button pop-up on xp sp2 (tablet) doesnt work in single monitor mode, and in multi-monitor mode shows up on the secondary monitor, in the bottom left corner (as opposed to the bottom right corner [on the primary monitor], where it should be).

I don't know it is me or what. I can't get this to work on Windows XP Pro SP2 (32Bit). When I run it, I get this error

post-111931-1170296511.jpg

I tried to turned off the Stem in look.ini. Still don't work.

I am using WindowBlinds, theme services switched off and have mine explorer.exe reshack abit. Mainly the icons, logoff and shutdown string, so that it looked nice on some Vista skin. Would it be that is the reason? Or it requires other stuff to run, namely .Net framework or other VC runtimes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by hellohello

Excellent application :)

Two things though:

- Clicking "Close" button closes the application. I think you need to rename it to "Quit", just to let the user know the application is quitting.

- Add startup support for when Windows has been started.

Problem with the notifier -- if you have your taskbar at the top.... the default balloon notifier is inverted when taskbar is at the top but this one is not. The notifier arrow should come from the Winamp icon and the size seems too big.

image1mt8.jpg

Close button -> good one.

Startup -> just add it manually to the startup group.

Added it to the Startup folder, but I'd perfer it not to pop up evertime I log into Windows :).

I've spotted another problem, I think;

When shutting down/logging out of Windows, explorer crashes. I am pretty sure it's related to glasstoast not being closed correctly.

Does this completely replace windows usual popup?

Why must it be placed in startup..shouldn't it just be integrated into windows service?

Yes it does, except for the mouse over popups. Its better to have full control of it rather than integrating it into the windows service. And its not a service.. its a third party toaster. :laugh:

I would like to request a version in the beta 1 style without the pointer, just a plain rectangular "toast".

If it's at all possible, I would also like to be able to manually adjust the horizontal position so that I could have it pop up to the left of the Vista sidebar, instead of over it.

:)

Edit: something like this maybe? :

post-182672-1170378098.jpg

I have the skin images like I want, but it doesn't seem to be responding to changes in xcorrection and ycorrection in the look file. Am I changing the right thing?

Edit: nevermind, just changed the x/ypos under stem, that did it.

post-182672-1170380608.jpg

Edited by Stetson

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2.

After installing VC++ 2005 Runtimes, I finally get the glasstoast working. The popups worked great.

While using glasstoast and successfully connected to the internet, the popup come up, stating network connected established. However, the network icon (two small monitors) didn't show up in the tray notification area.

Then, I quit the internet and glasstoast, reconnect, the network icon is shown again.

It this a bug?

Thanks.