Forcing Aero Glass Effect

I don't think its impossible because people have made custom audio drivers and custom video drivers.

But please to that guy that "says" he's hacking the registry and editing notepad - 1999 called and wants to reunite all its kiddie scripters :rolleyes:

[attachment =176278:aero_effect.jpg]

YES THERS IS, I HAVE THE AERO EFFECT !! i have the most hated graphics card, intel 915gm (gma 900) without a wddm (cos there aint one) and 512mb

haha, WTF, this is not aero, you (insert insult here)

window blinds

I think they will release WDDM at some point purely because so so many people have signed the petition. We all know it is possible because the specs of the card meet the MS requirements, and in the pre-rc1 betas we had some beta WDDM drivers which would let the card run aero.

They do? I thought for sure it didn't meet the memory access requirements of WDDM.

No they deffientely do (intel 915) which is kinda why people are so cross and upset with intel about it for not releasing the appropiate drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Please has anyone tried overclocking his AGP card using apps like Clock gen

please feedback if it worked with any of u

thanks

we need to way to force aero without the need of intel/microsoft

if they dont make it we MUST make it

lord help us all

I think they will release WDDM at some point purely because so so many people have signed the petition. We all know it is possible because the specs of the card meet the MS requirements, and in the pre-rc1 betas we had some beta WDDM drivers which would let the card run aero.

This is just like how ATI messed with the Mobility Radeon 7500 drivers in their Catalyst packages. In case you don't know that saga, here's the rundown.

The ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 can hardware-accelerate per-pixel alpha blending. The (original) OEM drivers can do this. But the later Catalyst packages (and later OEM drivers) have that part of the driver removed. People complained and complained, because WB5 required this and ATI didn't deliver. And they never did.

Neither will Intel. They have better things to do than code drivers for old graphics chips.

@Ledward

What you have to remember is that the intel 910 is hardly an old card as it is still been sold with PCs today

post-208592-1174341831_thumb.jpg

YES THERS IS, I HAVE THE AERO EFFECT !! i have the most hated graphics card, intel 915gm (gma 900) without a wddm (cos there aint one) and 512mb

no... you have a program that makes EVERYTHING transparent ... neowin community is alot smarter...