Grand Theft Auto IV

find me a ps3 game that uses over 8gb without padding and i will claim defeat....but you wont

find me a high resolution pc game that requires more than one dl dvd for "higher than high definition quality" and i will claim defeat

get to work.... :D

::we are on topic.

So do you mind telling me the point of filling a 50 gig disc when we already know a substantial bit of it will have to be loaded onto the HD and much padding to take place to compensate for the slow read

times? Sounds like a ridiculous move and to much unnecessary work to fill a fill disc just to say hey, we have slightly sharper graphics.

Not intending to flame anyone now.

what about South Africa? it will be amazing with the drug dealers and the prostitutes like San Andrea

Yeah, and intercontinental would be sweet.

My imagined GTA:

Tokyo, Japan

Johannesburg/Cape Town, South Africa

Copenhagen, Denmark

Moscow, Russia

What im trying to get at is, we need a lot of variation. Extremely different countrys.

How do you guys think the graphics will look? Realistic or just as the same old GTA graphics, but at a higher resolution and more detailed?

I really hope the graphics look realistic (or something close), but then it would become another game like The Getaway. Cartoonish graphics made the old GTA's fun in a sort of manner, I hope that fun isn't lost in the new one.

Brilliant!!!

it'll probably be 1 second long knowing rockstars.

When have they ever done that? :s

How do you guys think the graphics will look? Realistic or just as the same old GTA graphics, but at a higher resolution and more detailed?

I really hope the graphics look realistic (or something close), but then it would become another game like The Getaway. Cartoonish graphics made the old GTA's fun in a sort of manner, I hope that fun isn't lost in the new one.

Theyre using their totally new engine; RAGE

Build from the scratch - first used in Table Tennis for the X360.

The graphics look beautiful, but they probably wont be THAT advanced in GTA.

Im sure they will be quite realistic. It's always been the Playstation thats held the series back in that regards since the PC and xbox could have done a fair bit more. This time round its not the case so I expect something that looks very good. I dont expect photo realistic by any means from the game of this magnitude but I'd definetly expect them to be shooting for realism over cartoon graphics. Thatd **** jack thompson off too more which in itself would be worth the effort.

Get the whole of N.Ireland in there, now that would be fun haha

Id like that - interesting place with IRA and so on..

or is that Scotland? :p

^^^

Nice to see you're up to date on general affairs. The IRA are not the problem in N. Ireland at the minute, the "other half" are playing catchup now. But on that note, it would be interesting to see GTA4 set in 80's- early 90's Northern Ireland. Its small enough to drive across in 2 hours but big enough for a lot of diversity.

^^^

Nice to see you're up to date on general affairs. The IRA are not the problem in N. Ireland at the minute, the "other half" are playing catchup now. But on that note, it would be interesting to see GTA4 set in 80's- early 90's Northern Ireland. Its small enough to drive across in 2 hours but big enough for a lot of diversity.

I know theyre not that active anymore - but who says GTA4 is set in the present? 2007? huh?

Should be based in Denmark - That would be so awesome :p

For you and me, yes - as we live in Denmark

But for others it would probably seem boring..

Theres no alot of gang activity here :D

you'd have to buy water every 10 minutes, seeing as you'd be on foot alot of the time.

Dubai is a tourist city for the rich people - we would all be having chauffeurs and big, expensive vehicles :D

New york city would be pretty dope.

Sorry but **** it in england or tokyo.....As proud as i'd be to have it set here, we don't have any men running around, hijacking 20 cars and killing a bunch of people before dying. Plus there are no gun shops, ways to get guns etc, none of the **** that made the GTA series great.

And tokyo?

Every one would be chinese, i'm not racist but how would you distinguish one person from another.....Noodles as meals. Weird cars. Na.