Grand Theft Auto IV

And tokyo?

Every one would be chinese, i'm not racist but how would you distinguish one person from another.....Noodles as meals. Weird cars. Na.

Lol,

take some geography lessons or something

Yeah, and intercontinental would be sweet.

My imagined GTA:

Tokyo, Japan

Johannesburg/Cape Town, South Africa

Copenhagen, Denmark

Moscow, Russia

What im trying to get at is, we need a lot of variation. Extremely different countrys.

Though nice candidates, we must not forget the soundtrack that goes into this series. It pretty much played a huge role on all previous GTA games.

Whatever city they chose, they always had to go back and research suitable soundtrack that would suit that timeline in which the game takes place.

It should be really great to see what they come up with after doing LA 90's, and Miami back in the 80's.

IMO, its definitely going to be a US city, question is, WHEN ?

I would love to play as a character in a city backin the 60's. Plenty of sex/drugs/turmoil on and on... everything that would best describe a gta game.

Edited by 305

It would be cool if Google/Microsoft/NASA allowed Rockstar to access their satellite technology and we would get a always changing scenery.

i think the way they implented on a very small basis cross city travel in GTA:SA where you could travel on a mission between san andreas and liberty city

another point id like to make is that the uk isnt very big compared to some us states and it might only just be a stepup in size from GTA:SA in terms of implemented size

Evidence of New York Location in GTA IV?

The New York Hardcore band Breakdown has reportedly been contacted by Rockstar Games to request that some of their music be used in Grand Theft Auto IV. The band began in 1986 and toured parts of the northeastern USA as well as Europe (1999 and 2001) and once in Japan (2001).

These dates don't really mean much, though. They started in the 1980s but were still touring in the late 1990s and as late as 2001. They could be on a 'Flash FM' style station in the game which might be set in present day, or it could actually take place in the 1980s. It could even take place in multiple eras. We just don't know right now.

This news comes from a reputable, longtime member at NeoGAF. Thanks to jelmer for notifying me.

SOURCE

I hope New York is back! lots of variety

New York would actually ROCK!!... imagine the radio stations aswell!, good music, nice variety of cars... probably loads of taxis though.

You all are forgetting that GTA IV is the sequel to GTA III so it's most likely set in the US but I'm positive you will be able to go to different states and it will be some time after 2002.

But don't be dissapointed because then there will a new GTA version out every year with the new games engine and I guess we will see GTA Tokyo in OCT. 2008.

For everybody who wants GTA IV to be in London, just be patient and you will get The Getaway on PS3 with the most realistic graphics I've seen in a long time, just check out the trailer, it's soo real, have to buy a PS3 now.

You all are forgetting that GTA IV is the sequel to GTA III so it's most likely set in the US but I'm positive you will be able to go to different states and it will be some time after 2002.

But don't be dissapointed because then there will a new GTA version out every year with the new games engine and I guess we will see GTA Tokyo in OCT. 2008.

For everybody who wants GTA IV to be in London, just be patient and you will get The Getaway on PS3 with the most realistic graphics I've seen in a long time, just check out the trailer, it's soo real, have to buy a PS3 now.

I realize it looked great, but after most of the other PS3 cgi trailers, I'll wait for gameplay to be impressed.

That said, the original Getaway had pretty decent graphics for a PS2 game.

if its not in america im not getting it :/, their i said it. keep it in america. or can. will be ok.

Why? Oh, and if you're such a big fan of America, maybe you should learn how to use the language.