Vista 101.70 Leaked Drivers

Every driver since the original ones have reduced desktop preformance. I notice a significant slowdown in switcher and SmartFlip every time I upgrade my nVidia drivers. Is it possible that there are some control panel settings I could use to fix this.

Confirmed to be WHQL 101.70 (Y) .

I can confirm this as well for Windows Vista Ultimate, 64-bit as I just downloaded and installed them from Windows Update. Seems a bit smoother :)

I can confirm this as well for Windows Vista Ultimate, 64-bit as I just downloaded and installed them from Windows Update. Seems a bit smoother :)

Why would some receive updates and others don't?

I believe it's for 8800s only.

No it is not.

Why would some receive updates and others don't?

To answer your question directly, it is possible the update depends on the hardware. However, in this case, the udpate is for everyone but Microsoft is rolling it out slowly in case if there are problems, they aren't widespread.

I have the 7950GT, using 100.65. What is the current version for my card and is it safe to install? I don't want any problems, as I am already experiencing enough but the video is stable. Using Ultimate 32-bit. Thanks.

well ive been using these 101.70 for a while now and i musy say they are the best ones out today so far, ive had 1 drives fail popup in windows but that was caused by TDU so im not really fussy about that..

lets hope the next drivers are even better

im unable to install this drivers for my GeForce FX5200 card. It says "nvidia is unable to find a suitable driver for your card" i think something along that line!

Any idea how i should go about installing this driver?

im unable to install this drivers for my GeForce FX5200 card. It says "nvidia is unable to find a suitable driver for your card" i think something along that line!

Any idea how i should go about installing this driver?

NVIDIA is not supporting the FX series for vista past the driver that comes with it :(

NVIDIA is not supporting the FX series for vista past the driver that comes with it :(

Ok that means i have to upgrade to other nvidia graphics cards that has support for windows vista?

Edit: I take all that back :(

Doesn't seem to be any support for GeForce FX series on their website.

How is it Intel's on board video chips have drivers I'm sure what i have in my UMPC is not better than a FX ?

Edited by quick

Ok that means i have to upgrade to other nvidia graphics cards that has support for windows vista?

If you stick with nvidia then yes you will need atleast a GeForce 6 series or above.

There is a note on nvidias website stating that the GeForce FX will be supported in a future driver release in the summer, I'm just trying to find it again to quote.

Regards

bOing

EDIT Found it : http://www.nvidia.com/object/vista_driver_news_030207.html

Product Support Limitations

These are features that either rely on our partners for solutions, or are support decisions for older product lines.

GeForce FX GPUs are not supported in 97.46, 100.54, 100.59, 100.64.

The GeForce FX GPUs are supported from the 96.85 drivers. NVIDIA is planning an update for these users later in 2007.

Hi,

I own a Toshiba Stellite A100 (European name - same spec.'s like ST81XX in USA). I'm using Vista Ultimate with the latest original drivers for Vista from Toshiba. I made a clean install of Vista and then installed the Toshiba drivers step by step as written in the Vista install list..

Everything works fine, but the display adjustment doesn't work. It worked before I installed the one and only beta driver in my computer from Nvidia (Geforce Go 7600 driver v. 101.70)

My question is; is it a common problem for Nvidia 101.70 drivers or isit a hardware fault for my laptop?

Thanks in advance!

Andac

These are the first Nvidia drivers that actually fully work for me; ALL previous beta and leaked drivers would lose all configurations settings such as color brightness and contrast etc after every reboot, now finally all settings stay after rebooting Vista, I also noticed increased performance and the control panel appears to be finished and a lot more polished.

just installed them on my desktop and they seem to be working much better. My main problem was The Sims 2 were a little slow and randomly would freeze or make weird lines and then all i could do was restart. Im glad they are working on it :)