MS Announces Xbox 360 mini-keyboard (PICS)

No - that's an old mock-up. I remember seeing it when MS were proposing potential add-ons for the 360 way back at its launch. Obviously the real thing will have proper headset support.

No, i remember the old mockup. Didnt look like this one.

]I'd love to see Playstation do this now - all controllers should have this! Much needed!

I really don't see what's so impressive about this considering the fact i can use a normal more logical easier to use keyboard. I use for ps3, a standard usb saitek keyboard doesn't worry me much does the job for messages and on the occasion i have to use it in game.

I really don't see what's so impressive about this considering the fact i can use a normal more logical easier to use keyboard. I use for ps3, a standard usb saitek keyboard doesn't worry me much does the job for messages and on the occasion i have to use it in game.

Constantly switching back and forth between a controller and a large keyboard can get quite hectic--this idea really isn't that bad.

You don't need that keyboard 90% of the time...

Constantly switching back and forth between a controller and a large keyboard can get quite hectic--this idea really isn't that bad.

Youll have to do that anyways with that addon :p

The controller is heavy enough as it is, having that keyboard addon on while gaming will kill your arm

Youll have to do that anyways with that addon :p

The controller is heavy enough as it is, having that keyboard addon on while gaming will kill your arm

dumbbell.jpg

:p

i have my xbox controller in front of me and i dont see how thats gonna work and if it does it don't see how its gonna work well. I know the port is there for it but to type and get to the home keys for those touch types among us it will likely slip out of your hand as soon as you switch to typing.

Well, the keyboard fits that rendered controller well, but would it fit a real one?

fit.jpg

No. didn't think so. The real controller is too short and not wide enough. How Microsoft is going to squeeze a keyboard into that tiny, narrow space is beyond me. We'd have to use a pencil or something to type in the letters.

Freaking awesome. Now when I'm enchanting armor in Oblivion I won't have to take 5 minutes to type the name in :D

And guys, have faith... Microsoft has implemented everything else very well with the 360, I doubt they would screw this up.

Oh, and by the way Ruiz, you didn't do a very good job on that. They've laid the keyboard out so it wraps around the grips of the controller and fits more horizontally than we can really see with the controller in front of us.

Well, the keyboard fits that rendered controller well, but would it fit a real one?

snip

No. didn't think so. The real controller is too short and not wide enough. How Microsoft is going to squeeze a keyboard into that tiny, narrow space is beyond me. We'd have to use a pencil or something to type in the letters.

Well considering that pic is life-size, it looks like it fits fine. If you can't manage to press those, you must have huge fingers.

You act like MS hasn't been testing this out for over a year now to see if it works well.

-Spenser

Hey Spartan, I'm assuming they're going to make a black version as well to accommodate Elite owners... Just give me a :shiftyninja: if I'm right ;)