MS Announces Xbox 360 mini-keyboard (PICS)

Well considering that pic is life-size, it looks like it fits fine. If you can't manage to press those, you must have huge fingers.

You act like MS hasn't been testing this out for over a year now to see if it works well.

-Spenser

i think that is a special controller not the one one that millions of xbox360 owners already have. If you have one already go look at the one you have and compare the part that looks like the controller in the picture. do you think it could work?

edit: and i'm not commenting on the keys on the keyboard how well it is going to work with the current controllers.

i think that is a special controller not the one one that millions of xbox360 owners already have. If you have one already go look at the one you have and compare the part that looks like the controller in the picture. do you think it could work?

edit: and i'm not commenting on the keys on the keyboard how well it is going to work with the current controllers.

That's what I did. I took my controller and held it over that picture and they're pretty much an exact match. That's why I say that picture is a pretty good representation.

-Spenser

Personally, I don't like this idea. I think I would find the added keyboard quite uncomfortable, but hey, each to his own. I'll just stick to my G15 over USB :)

seems fine to me. Roughly, using a ruler theres about 5cm from the bump in the joystick joint to the bottom of the handle. With only 5 rows of keys thats 1cm a key or about 0.75 - 0.8 with space. Seems fine to me. That and on their render the keyboard actually extends further so you have more like 6 - 6.5cm height for the total device with the 5 rows. Its only a micro keyboard. Look at your mobile phone and see how many keys you can fit into a 5cm area. My Motorolla V3 fits 5 rows over 5cm. They also only need 10 keys horizontally so again I think theres ample room at roughly 1 key every cm.

Big question is will it be supported in game. I realise its useless for primary controls more or less but it would be supurb for

a) communications when voice isnt an option or wanted (maybe in a MMORPG with 100 ppl in one area)

b) hotkeys for games with inventories (RPG), unit groupings ect (RTS) or whatever

Hopefully they do allow this one to be used in game unlike current usb keyboards.

Hey Spartan, I'm assuming they're going to make a black version as well to accommodate Elite owners... Just give me a :shiftyninja: if I'm right ;)

:santa:

i think that is a special controller not the one one that millions of xbox360 owners already have.

wrong, it's an add-on that plugs into the back of the controller. this is not a picture, it's just a rendering of how it looks like... :happy: :yes:

Edited by Spartan_X

I can use my logitech mx duo wireless on it

I was just thinking of trying the same thing last night, going to set up my old set now since I have read it works.

I must say though, if thing is lets say $20-$30, I will probably pick it up.

Yay! I don't think that you guys understand how easy this would be for the new messenger features. I don't want to buy a USB keyboard for those features and this would be real nifty.

I don't see how size is a problem.

Look at cell phones. Most of the time you have to text using one thumb and I've seen people who do that and it looks like their thumb is moving 200 mph and most phones you have to press the same button 2 or 3 times to get the letter you want. I've watched my girlfriend text on her phone without even looking at it and she'll type out full paragraphs in seconds :laugh:

Plus it's the same layout as a computer keyboard. Most computer users would be able to type and not have to look. A lot better than having some extra keyboard sitting at your side or using the controller that can take forever to type a message.

You guys are acting like you need to have it plugged in at all times, when you are not using it you just pull it out, and stick it back on when needed. I just grabbed my controller and I dont see why you people are saying it would get in the way, but yet you find it easy to grab a big bulky usb keyboard. Go grab a controller and you will see it dosnt get in the way. To type all you would have to do is slide your hands down and type with your tumbs like you would on any cell phone.

Seems cool :) except it also seems very impractical too...how are you suppose to use it? :unsure:

EDIT: I guess either use your thumbs or type one handed (or with both, if you put the controller on your lap)

Price: $100

I prefer a full sized keyboard, this one reminds me of the keyboards on the LG phones.

I fear that is too low. :p

I was just thinking of trying the same thing last night, going to set up my old set now since I have read it works.

I must say though, if thing is lets say $20-$30, I will probably pick it up.

Yea, it all comes down to price. If it's over $20/$30 then I'll just be sticking to good ol' voice-chat :p