MS Announces Xbox 360 mini-keyboard (PICS)

It's going to be like typing on a Sidekick, I would think.

Exactly. I don't have a Sidekick but I have a friend who does, and it's not that hard at all to get used to. People are just being a bunch of whiners when they don't even know what it's actually like in their hands.

nobody's "whining", probably just weary of forking over thirty-forty bucks when a full KB nowadays costs five. i'll likely get this peripheral, but am still aware the ergonomics and design that went into it won't justify the cost.

nobody's "whining", probably just weary of forking over thirty-forty bucks when a full KB nowadays costs five. i'll likely get this peripheral, but am still aware the ergonomics and design that went into it won't justify the cost.

Seeing as you're on a tech forum I would hope that you've realized that any time you take something and shrink it, it costs more (look at the smaller notebooks and notebook hard drives vs desktop drives). $30 seems more than fair to me for such a peripheral.

You do realize that that's a 3D model, right? That isn't a real working production model.

I haven't ever used a 360 headset and I don't own one. Does the jack look like that little headphone port on the bottom of the keyboard? If so, I'm going to assume it's an audio based port and I don't think you could plug a keyboard into it :\ I don't know for sure, though.

What I do know is that, if the real thing is out there (which some of you seem to claim since someone on the internet is reviewing it) this is not it.

I think the design is kinda cool, but I don't think it will necessarily be practical. Gotta try it though.

Stupid cellphone design conventions.

Why can't we all just use voice already?

You do realize that that's a 3D model, right? That isn't a real working production model.

I haven't ever used a 360 headset and I don't own one. Does the jack look like that little headphone port on the bottom of the keyboard? If so, I'm going to assume it's an audio based port and I don't think you could plug a keyboard into it :\ I don't know for sure, though.

What I do know is that, if the real thing is out there (which some of you seem to claim since someone on the internet is reviewing it) this is not it.

I think the design is kinda cool, but I don't think it will necessarily be practical. Gotta try it though.

Stupid cellphone design conventions.

Why can't we all just use voice already?

WTF are you on about? This is a real product that will be coming out. And that's exactly what it looks like. Hell, there are actual pictures of it in this thread, not just the 3D models in the original post.

On the bottom of the 360 controller there is a headset jack as well as two small data jacks on either side. The keyboard will plug into all of them, using the data jacks for the keyboard input and giving you the headset jack at the bottom of the keyboard as a passthrough.

Exactly. I don't have a Sidekick but I have a friend who does, and it's not that hard at all to get used to. People are just being a bunch of whiners when they don't even know what it's actually like in their hands.

True, I have used sidekick several times, and it isnt too bad. I think it'll turn out alright and there are options to use this or usb keyboard.

how about using it for some WOW matches... :shiftyninja:

You gotta be kidding me. Tell me I don't think you are hiting at what I think you're hinting at. That game isn't coming to this great console is it? Please say no.

to pixels: well those folding KB's don't cost much more than full sized ones, but i'll grant you that an increase in price is reasonable, but not six fold. 15 bucks would be nice in my world.

to pixels: well those folding KB's don't cost much more than full sized ones, but i'll grant you that an increase in price is reasonable, but not six fold. 15 bucks would be nice in my world.

I don't know, I wouldn't use a $5 keyboard myself. I have a $15 one in front of me right now, so maybe that's why I don't see a problem with this price.

i hear ya pixels, but i also hear others and myself who resent just a bit the peripheral markup. sure, MS and others make their money from software and accessories, so having them overpriced isn't inherently unjustified, but it don't mean we have to like it.

PS: hey you're the first one here i've seen also playing Bullet Witch! kudos!

PS: hey you're the first one here i've seen also playing Bullet Witch! kudos!

Haha yeah, I got it right before I started playing Oblivion though, and I haven't put that down. I need to start playing it again.

You gotta be kidding me. Tell me I don't think you are hiting at what I think you're hinting at. That game isn't coming to this great console is it? Please say no.

Been a rumor for a while now they want to make a WOW console version.

Haha yeah, I got it right before I started playing Oblivion though, and I haven't put that down. I need to start playing it again.

shhyeah it's waay down your list there. i feel sad for Cavia, they really tried but no one seems to have noticed much.

Well that's been all but officially confirmed. So, yea, it's very plausible but I don't think that's the only reason for the TID, I think it was mainly for the Windows Messenger integration.

The web browser has always been an inevitable feature of the 360, ever since the Wii and PS3 included a browser.

This peripheral enforces that fact.