Leaked Halo 3 Beta Video

Hum... look nice, but I would have liked some more team based action, you know, a bit like Battlefield. :(

so ive played Halo 1 and 2 never got into it, and this doesnt look like an improvment besides those shield grenades and a minimal graphics enhancement. Half life 2 looks better and its been out for awhile now.

^ Beta Running on not yet finalized code with image placeholders still in there :rolleyes:

We can judge HL2 and H3 when both are out on the same platform, then it will be a fair comparison.

Hum... look nice, but I would have liked some more team based action, you know, a bit like Battlefield. :(

The game is a lot more team based than you think. That's what "Team Hardcore" is for in Halo 2.

^ Beta Running on not yet finalized code with image placeholders still in there :rolleyes:

We can judge HL2 and H3 when both are out on the same platform, then it will be a fair comparison.

Well they better hurry - it should be out any day now :s

How can you compare graphics of a small video like that?

So, if a video is that small - you cant see a difference between Gears of War and.....half life 1 ? :p

I must admit the game looks cool with the large maps but the graphics are hardly anything to shout about really from that video, but i hope that will all change and we will have some stunning visuals in the final game later this year.

Battlefield has team based action? :unsure:

I though you just grabbed the nearest tank and left everyone in the dust?

But anyway, no doubt it will have it's usual fare of team spirited modes. Dire as usual without your friends. Get some round and it'll no doubt be a blast.

The music was garbage I hate whoever decided to use it for this video...with that said.

It looked like a blast, I've been gaming on my friend's 360 for awhile as I'm saving up for a new gaming PC. Halo 2 has been my game of choice, so I've been getting practice on that.

I love how they brought back the original assault rifle, that's my favorite weapon in the Halo Universe.

Even though it's beta I think it looks great. If you're bitchin' about graphics then you need to GTFO! Halo was never about graphics...why change that now? It was about the game play. I for one, can't wait to play the final build. I think bungie are doing a bang up job. =)

**EDIT**

NM Links are dead, I have the 300MB MPEG version in my hardrive so I can't really upload that big of a file.

Point taken muffin, thanks.

Edited by GOJI_GKing2000

Shadow, if its worth it, try to compress it, then either offer a torrent for others, or pass it by the admins at H.B.O. I'm sure the fans there would love to see this footage.

LOL, theres a torrent of the high quality 307mb version... look around for it on the world biggest bit torrent tracker ;)

I've been seeding it since yesterday at a steady 130kb/s

I never cared for the original. It seemed to cramped and polarized. However this refresh looks bigger, more spacious and quite frankly, I want to play on it. So far I am loving the return of the AR. I cannot wait to use it again :)

My take:

Graphics get the job done. Chief's model is great, weapons look fantastic, but the environment looks sort of Halo 2-ish with a resolution bump.

Game itself looks fun, but there was some noticeable lag in that video. Spawn points seem iffy, too. A couple times the guy spawned right in someone's line of fire (especially noticeable when he almost gets hit by a Spartan Laser right after spawning... 1/3 in I believe).

Level design looked fantastic- love the new look for Zanzibar.

Water didn't impress me at all, which was a huge disappointment after what I've been reading in the weekly updates.

Finally, why did whoever recorded that vid black out the player names on the scoreboard when it's constantly being shown who killed who and who got killed? :p

is there anyway you can mega upload that because i cannot download it due to not having a premier or whatever account it says i have to wait 20 hours before i can download the second part.

cant really stand this game never liked it and dont seem myself liking this one either :(

Why do people post these messages? If you don't care for the game, don't click on the thread.

My take:

Graphics get the job done. Chief's model is great, weapons look fantastic, but the environment looks sort of Halo 2-ish with a resolution bump.

Game itself looks fun, but there was some noticeable lag in that video. Spawn points seem iffy, too. A couple times the guy spawned right in someone's line of fire (especially noticeable when he almost gets hit by a Spartan Laser right after spawning... 1/3 in I believe).

Level design looked fantastic- love the new look for Zanzibar.

Water didn't impress me at all, which was a huge disappointment after what I've been reading in the weekly updates.

Finally, why did whoever recorded that vid black out the player names on the scoreboard when it's constantly being shown who killed who and who got killed? :p

Frankie's updates about the water seem to be aimed more at the 3 more polished maps that are getting released for beta rather than this new map which we've never even heard of before.

Wow, I always expected Halo multiplayer to be more run and gun, was quite slow moving. Graphics weren't overly impressive, but the maps do look interesting. :)