-Confirmed- Blizzard OFFICIALLY announcing a game May 19th!

fingers crossed for DIII or possibly Diablo online etc. Hopefully without monthly fees though. They should take a hint from Guild Wars and have free online play. They're making enough money with WoW anyway :)

fingers crossed for DIII or possibly Diablo online etc. Hopefully without monthly fees though. They should take a hint from Guild Wars and have free online play. They're making enough money with WoW anyway :)
Guild Wars is not an MMORPG. It is a regular Online RPG with a nice chat room and trading feature and PvP.

Starcraft 2? Meh, I though the original was a bit poo. :x

I aint even going to go there! :p

SC2! I told you guys...

I believed you :yes:

:)

hmmm.. we'll see. Starcraft + Broodwars was an awesome game. Since Blizzard hasn't officially announced SC2, I'm not gonna say anything yet except Protoss/Zerg Hybrid. :D

I predict in this order as most likely:

World of Warcraft new Expansion

Starcraft II

Diablo III

Warcraft IV

World of Diablo/Starcraft <- Unlikey

World of Warcraft 2 <- Very Unlikely

I highly doubt they are gonna announce a WoW Expansion Pack.

Blizzard said they would aim for an expansion pack EACH YEAR, so i seriously doubt they would announce anything so soon.

I do believe It's another sequel ... SC2 hopefully!

Looks like more news is trickling out of the mmo dept.. looks like they just released mmo details and job listings on their website for an undisclosed-mmo.

screw starcraft, diablo all the way. Even warcraft is better than starcraft..

You're in an extremely small minority as far as I can tell...

Starcraft is played out. I see more peeps getting wanting Diablo III more than anything.

Played out? WTF? It's had only one game and one expansion. Diablo is more played out as it's already had a sequel.

But seriously though, I think we're probably looking at both... Considering the fact that SC2 is confirmed, and they're not sure what's going to be announced on the 19th, there is a chance that what they're announcing is not SC2. It could be D3.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Played out? WTF? It's had only one game and one expansion. Diablo is more played out as it's already had a sequel.

But seriously though, I think we're probably looking at both... Considering the fact that SC2 is confirmed, and they're not sure what's going to be announced on the 19th, there is a chance that what they're announcing is not SC2. It could be D3.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Which one is more fun though? ;)

Which one is more fun though? ;)

I found both to be quite enjoyable and TBH I played Starcraft for much longer than I played Diablo or Diablo 2.

First of all, IT WILL NOT BE A MMO. I can say this because it is very bad business practice to be competing with youself regarding products.

A WoW expansion? No again, most players who have bought TBC most likely are still playing it, so the milking factor on the latest WoW expansion is not over yet, and again I apply the "Bad to compete with oneself" idea.

StarCraft 2. You can't make Chess 2.

Diablo 3. This is much more likely, but, it will be a RPG so it would be competing with WoW, 50/50 on this one.

New IP. Good chances on this one.

WarCraft IV. God I hope not. But chances are this is what it will be, as far as I am concerned they have abandoned Diablo and StarCraft because StarCraft is the RTS of all time (besides TA) and making another Diablo would pit Blizzard product against Blizzard product.

EDIT: Oh and could be something console related but seeing as Ghost didn't blow over well (5 years development time, 2 different developers, then cancelled) I don't see it happening.

Edited by Epimetheus

First of all, IT WILL NOT BE A MMO. I can say this because it is very bad business practice to be competing with youself regarding products.

A WoW expansion? No again, most players who have bought TBC most likely are still playing it, so the milking factor on the latest WoW expansion is not over yet, and again I apply the "Bad to compete with oneself" idea.

StarCraft 2. You can't make Chess 2.

Diablo 3. This is much more likely, but, it will be a RPG so it would be competing with WoW, 50/50 on this one.

New IP. Good chances on this one.

WarCraft IV. God I hope not. But chances are this is what it will be, as far as I am concerned they have abandoned Diablo and StarCraft because StarCraft is the RTS of all time (besides TA) and making another Diablo would pit Blizzard product against Blizzard product.

EDIT: Oh and could be something console related but seeing as Ghost didn't blow over well (5 years development time, 2 different developers, then cancelled) I don't see it happening.

It is CONFIRMED that there is StarCraft 2 being worked on. The question is what's being announced May 19. It could be SC2 or it could be another game they're working on at the same time.

It is CONFIRMED that there is StarCraft 2 being worked on. The question is what's being announced May 19. It could be SC2 or it could be another game they're working on at the same time.

Um, when was that confirmed? All that I've seen stated is that Blizzard would like to work on a StarCraft game. I've never seen it confirmed that SC2 is being worked on.

And for those of you who insist it isn't an MMO.... maybe you should look at what Blizzard is looking to hire ;)

http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/

And for those of you who insist it isn't an MMO.... maybe you should look at what Blizzard is looking to hire ;)

http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/

A few months back they were looking for someone who had extensive experience in warcraft and starcraft if I remember correctly the postion title was balancing programmer...or somthing like that...