Spiderman 3 (2007)

I liked the first two but this one was just rubbish!

As so many people have said all the stupid jokes were too much, I especially hated the scene with the two kids going "COOL", "no WICKED COOL". I mean wtf.

Also as so many have said, Venom looked rubbish and how random was it a meteor strikes where spiderman is......RUBBISH.

I mean in the second one the space journey was introduced, it would of been easy to say the symbiote came from that.

Stupid Raimi.

threads merged

Just saw the movie, I enjoyed it quite a bit but just as with the previous two I think it was a bit overdone storywise. Too many villans/goodguys. They could've focused more on one villan and carried the movie fine without adding a second and third.

it wasn't the worst movie.. and wasn't the best.. i'd say 3/5.. it's a must see if you already watched 1 and 2.. you can't stop there..

I Think a lot of people are missing the point, everyone is saying " I hated Emoparker", Don't you think that's what the director intented? To show the disgust that the black suit caused?

Nope. The symbiote was supposed to amplify aggressiveness, not emoness and retardness. :p

Agreed

Emo scene was funny and enjoyable, just not appropriate.

Nope. The symbiote was supposed to amplify aggressiveness, not emoness and retardness. :p

:laugh:

well it was ok , I thought it was going to be a lot better. What they did with Venom? :crazy: He is one of my fav characters. Venom deserves a full movie.

to many harsh reviews. i really enjoyed the movie, and im a huge movie critic. i think to many people had way to many expectations. i just have 1 question, and no one has been able to answer it. Did they finish venom off or not? if u look closely, you see toby basically turn into bones. i sure hope not.

to many harsh reviews. i really enjoyed the movie, and im a huge movie critic. i think to many people had way to many expectations. i just have 1 question, and no one has been able to answer it. Did they finish venom off or not? if u look closely, you see toby basically turn into bones. i sure hope not.

There are hints that the 4th movie will have the return of a thought-to-be-dead character. The snippet I read didn't say who said it, but it wouldn't do any good to bring Harry back, but Venom? Yeah, I can totally see him coming back.

I'm going to pull a dumb notion here: After all, we saw him explode, but we didn't see him die. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if anyone were to come back, it would be Venom!

B) How the Symbiote arrived on earth. (Comeon.. stay true to the damn comic! It came down with the space shuttle.)

actually, if you want to stay true to the comic then you need to read Secret Wars from the 80's to find out where the suite REALLY came from. And it wasn't from no space shuttle.

C) Venom. ( Why did you always have to show Brock's Face instead of Venom's? It's really annoying switching back and forth. Just use Venom's face. And on that note, where's the Green saliva coming from Venom's mouth?

Again, if you go back to the true Spiderman days, not the Bendis days then you would see that Brock and Venom often changed faces like that.

I think most of the younger generation have never read the origianl versions of Venom or of Spiderman but instead rely on the more modern work of Bendis.

The 1 thing that really urked me in the movie, was that venom NEVER spoke as WE or US, but as I. that is not how it was in the comics, and it would have really made him a more interesting character to those who didnt read the comic. the part where peter says " The power is a lot and feels great, but it will destroy you." and then venom replies " I like the power ", would have been much more sinister to hear, " WE like the power".

@ fo20 that is a really interesting viewpoint and I agree it would have been better as "we". But I also think they should have had a better Brock than little Eric Foreman.

Overall I was quite disappointed with this movie. I wanted more ass kicking and less singing and dancing. The whole scene where Peter dances around was ****ing lame.

That is one point i still dont understand. Parker was supposed to be more aggressive and "evil" when he dons the black suit... Not a dancing P#SSY. He was supposed to go around beating up people like EmoParker. :shiftyninja:

From what I recall Brock did die. You could see his skeleton disappear.

It would be great to bring back Venom in the next movie... But I think it would also be great if they brought back Doc Oc...He was the best villain so far.

I thought it rocked.

Yeah yeah, I know people are complaining that it was a let-down and whatever. But you see, I've never read the comics, I've never seen the old cartoons so frankly I don't give a damn how it was back then. I only care about how it is now, and I love it.

There was more talking than action but that didn't bother me. The conversations were nicely executed and it was very hillarious.

4.75/5

I thought S3 was pretty good, but they could have cut a good 30 minutes or so out of it and I wouldnt have missed it. The black suit was awesome!

I really liked this movie. Sure, there were a few cheesy parts, but overall I think it was very well done. They weren't afraid to experiment a little, and I commend them on that.

Not to mention that ending battle was ****ing cool. I loved the teamwork between Harry and Peter.

4.5/5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone pick it up on Bluray yet? I'm contemplating buying the movie so mind as well buy it on BD right?

It's either Spiderman 3 on BD or Transformers on DVD... :/

I thought this was much better than the previous one... about how he eventually teamed up with harry... although I was dissapointed that Peter wasn't more aggressive with the symbiote attached to him.

In the movie they said that the suit feeds off of aggression, so I guess it makes sense. And is also the reason why Brock+Symbiote was more powerful than Spiderman+Symbiote since he actually wanted Parker dead.

• 1 month later...

Finally rented it. It was fairly horrible. Full of cliches, silly without limits, and just plain stupid. It was still Spider-Man, and it still had some decent action, but other than that... eh.

2/5