Spiderman 3 (2007)

SPOLIERS!!!!!

A bunch of crap happens, he sports an emo haircut, everyone learns a valuable lesson about something, you want 2 hours of your life back...the end.

=/

A towering disappointment. As a big fan of the first two films, this one really let me down. Maybe the next three movies could use some new direction; let Sam Raimi go.

Cheesy as hell! A good film, but after IGN's opinion, I expected more. Characters feelings towards each other seemed to change at the drop of a hat. Think MJ>Harry, MJ>Peter, Sandman>Peter.

I wasn't disappointed, but I expected more.

I'm still having trouble rapping my head around the $350 million production budget for this film. I know this franchise is popular, but that just seems a bit excessive IMO. I'm sure they'll make at least $120 million just this weekend, so making the $350 million back in 3-4 weekends won't be a problem.

That was probably spent on the jazz bar scene :pinch:

Okay so I just watched it. The first 30 minutes were outstanding and really brought me into the storyline. As far as Sandman goes, I don't think they should have made him ask for Peter's understanding, atleast not in this film. The producers need to learn character buildup.

Harry, Goblin Jr. was quite interesting. We all saw that coming, but perhaps not as strong and as quick as we originally thought. I'm glad it worked out in the end. His death was pretty much in line...

Venom. Topher Grace. Wait...did you just say Venom is Topher Grace? I was an avid "That 70's Show" watcher. I always remember thinking how much of a skinny little geek he was (both on TV character and in real life). The only decently fit badguy so far has been Sandman.

Now here is the part that made me want to vomit. When Peter Parker was wearing that suit, his hair turned alot darker black and he had on eyeliner or some **** like that. Emo! I hate emo people, and just because it's a movie does not change my views. That was retarded. He should have kept the same attitude, but maybe the producers could have figured out a better way to portray him as a meany. Screw that, dude/dudettes.

Overall it was a good movie. The storyline was great, stronger in some points than others. Topher didn't fit, period. Sandman was pretty cool. Harry as Goblin Jr. was cool while it lasted. I give this a 7/10.

Too long and the Sandman is the new Jar Jar Binks, completely pointless character that just seemed to be added to pad out the story and show off some effects. If they'd cut him and the stupid street walking scene it would have been shorter and much better.

AsciiSmoke

seen it today and it is totally awesome, some funny bits could of done with breaking it down into 2 films and giving bad guys more action

worst movie i have seen in 2007 so far...

I wouldn't go that far but its up there with the "expectation not fulfilled" list...

I wouldn't go that far but its up there with the "expectation not fulfilled" list...

i disagree :)

Watched it today with friends, very disappointed. It just dragged on IMO (N)

Radish?

hmmm I thought it was a very entertaining film.

But not really what I was expecting from spiderman.

The emo bits made me cringe, and the plot was a bit tooooo drawn out, they should have concentrated on one villain, rather than spreading it over three. Some really corny bits at times too

the american flag bit was hilarious though. didnt annoy me

still a good film though, just maybe not as good as the previous two

Spider-Man was good. Spider-Man 2 was great. Spider-Man 3 was a mess. It tried to cram in too many plot points into 2 hours that it couldn't really explore them fully. The emotional issues were mostly already covered in Spider-Man 2. The action scenes were few and far between. I was really disappointed.

I thought it was pretty good. Not quite as good as the first two, but how often are the second and third films better than the first?

Probably the nearest thing I can say about the film...

Another thing I actually liked was Bruce Cambell ...Evil Dead days were brought back to me then :D

Well lets see the people that thought Spiderman 3 sucked, please say the movie that you think is better.

Well lets see the people that thought Spiderman 3 sucked, please say the movie that you think is better.

Do you really want to go there? The list is mighty long.

You see now your going into the topic of peoples favourites which everyones is gonna be different what this thread has become is the matter of peoples opinions on the film and it just so happens that alot of people think it sucked or wasn't as good as it was hyped to be but to say whats better is just gonna become a whole flame war...