|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

I know I detracted from the graphics, but you know what makes up for that? The audio. The sound effects are superb. I have my 360 connected to my PC monitor and the audio running through my sound card, so I only get stereo sound, even though I have a surround set up. Either way, the effects alter enough to where it really had a surround sound feel to it all. I was amazed.

# Total Kills: 394

# Total Deaths: 208

# Kill/Death Ratio: 1.8942

# Total Assists: 90

Combat Stats

Games: 18

Last Played: 5/17/2007 6:17:16 AM

I know a decent amount of you are already on my friends list (if you are not feel free to send me an invite), and I will be playing tonight at approximately 6 PM Eastern Time. I checked this morning and did download it successfully. Especially since I was never "l33t" at Halo 2, I much prefer to play with a group of people I know than complete strangers.

So hopefully if any of you are on then we can group up and play, I already know I should have at least one friend I will be playing with, who is also a member here, so lets get a nice group going if possible. Again approximately 6 PM Eastern Time tonight, Thurs May 17th. Stupid working for a living getting in the way. :laugh:

I think the player models really hurt things for me. They seem a bit bland, in terms of coloring.

Oh. The models themselves look great but I can see what you mean by coloring. That's Halo art style for ya. :) I personally love the coloring--very simple and easy to distinguish separate teams.

798_0014.jpg

Thurs May 17th. Stupid working for a living getting in the way. :laugh:

i feel your pain, im sitting in my office looking out the window (yes the window i have one of those things!!) thinking how this H3 could be turned into a warthog.....meh someone please do these bill reconciliations for me so i can go home and play!

when you guys get online, add me. Bangbang and I are playing some rounds and I'm trying to add magik, but he's being a douche :p.

We'll have a Neowin round.

i feel your pain, im sitting in my office looking out the window (yes the window i have one of those things!!) thinking how this H3 could be turned into a warthog.....meh someone please do these bill reconciliations for me so i can go home and play!

Seriously. To top it off I have no projects to work on, everything is awaiting client approval. It is going so painfully slow.

when you guys get online, add me. Bangbang and I are playing some rounds and I'm trying to add magik, but he's being a douche :p.

We'll have a Neowin round.

Cool (Y) I am pretty sure all three of you jokers are on my friends list already. LOL

Just 5 hours to go for me.

Damn work...

I think I might come down with a mysterious new medical condition... Halobetaitis (joke by jerzdawg this morning via text message to me)

Ok, I hate all of you right now. I just finished my last final today, and now I don't have anything to do and it would be perfect if I was in the beta. Ah well.

j/k, I don't really hate you :p

-Spenser

Ok, I hate all of you right now. I just finished my last final today, and now I don't have anything to do and it would be perfect if I was in the beta. Ah well.

j/k, I don't really hate you :p

-Spenser

Just rent Crackdown (if you can find it). You can download the beta and play it for a few days. :p

# Total Kills: 394

# Total Deaths: 208

# Kill/Death Ratio: 1.8942

# Total Assists: 90

Combat Stats

Games: 18

Last Played: 5/17/2007 6:17:16 AM

Havent really had the chance to look at the options/menus of the beta but how do you find that information out ?

Seriously. To top it off I have no projects to work on, everything is awaiting client approval. It is going so painfully slow.

give me your fax number....ill send you something to do!

Halo is actually about 350% more fun when you play with people you know ( Well, sort of )

Just so god damn annoying my headset is borked and half the time, Voices go through the headset, other half through the TV speakers.

Halo is actually about 350% more fun when you play with people you know ( Well, sort of )

Just so god damn annoying my headset is borked and half the time, Voices go through the headset, other half through the TV speakers.

I think that's the game because mine does the exact same thing. Except last night it seemed like I couldn't hear anyone except people that were close to me on the map, and even then, the sound would be out of the speakers and not the headset.

To fix the sound settings, go into your profile by hitting the start button at the title screen. From there, hit right on the dpad and go into the game settings. I believe the setting you're looking for is under voice, from which you can choose how you want the sounds to come out. I put all of mine to the headset, but there is a benefit to have it from the TV and headset. By default, only your teammates, when hitting the dpad before speaking, will come through your headset while everything else comes out of the TV.