|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

All I have to say is I have fully come to the realization I will not see the game tonight.

Even if it does get released sometime soon, the servers are going to be so damn slow it is not going to be funny.

All I have to say is I have fully come to the realization I will not see the game tonight.

Even if it does get released sometime soon, the servers are going to be so damn slow it is not going to be funny.

just be ready to hit the d/l button! first few in will get good speeds, im almost done though 96% :) and hopefully will see you all on tonight!

I'm currently downloading the beta right now 911.17MB

Ask me any question and I'll try my best to answer it.

untitledib5.th.png

Edited by BlackShadow

just be ready to hit the d/l button! first few in will get good speeds, im almost done though 96% :) and hopefully will see you all on tonight!

How long did it take you to d/l it?

Update!

We're happy to finally announce that the issues being faced with the Halo 3 beta and Crackdown will be resolved shortly. The Microsoft team has found a solution and it's undergoing final testing now. Assuming the test pass goes according to plan, the fix will come in the form of a Crackdown title update within the next two to four hours.

We understand many of you were eagerly awaiting your chance to jump into the Halo 3 Beta and this technical issue has put a damper on your plans. Thankfully the fix is incoming and we're sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Ultimately we hope this will all soon be a distant memory once you pick up the Spartan Laser, launch yourself from a Mancannon and enjoy online shenanigans with your friends.

As a reminder, people who already have the Halo 3 Beta are unaffected by this issue.

We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more information.

Source: Bungie.net

Edited by Lexcyn

I had a feeling it would require a Crackdown update. That's why it must have taken so long, they probably had to get some of the Crackdown team in there to help out or something... ah, who knows, the wait is almost over :D

Guess I'll go make some Coffee, then when the download hits us i can get some sleep.

Haha. I think I'll put on a fresh pot too. Was up real late last night waiting. Seems it will be released between 6-8pm here on the west coast...

haha im probably the only person who got in on the original random selection who hasn't even turned his xbox on today.

maybe ill download it tommorrow..

Update again :(

Assuming the test pass goes according to plan, the fix will come in the form of a Crackdown title update within the next three to six hours.

Source: Bungie.net

Better start with Fellowship of the Ring then...

lol...

Think I'll run with the matrix trilogy and hope for an earlier rls.

Man, this game is awesome! The stradegy has changed from Halo 2 where as Halo 2 was a rush for the weapons and Halo 3 is a spawn and fight type of game. With the assault rifle, you can just hop into battle when you spawn without the need to rush for weapons. It's still nice to have a sniper or BR but I think the AR will suffice. Also, the new needler takes down a person in a matter of seconds when in close range. It's so fun... I hope I don't get bored though since there are only 3 maps.

How does the needler compare to H1 and H2 versions? I posted a small blurb on the page back if that helps.

Many others were given invites randomly or part of the Rule of Three program. I got my invite from the Rule of Three program.

Downloaded the beta the second it hit Live and it downloaded quite fast. I was up and running in no time. Only played for a bit cause I had to get to campus but it was fun.

Was playing since I got home but I have to say now that I've really played more, my initial excitement has worn off. Maybe I'm still too enamored with Gears or maybe I just don't like the maps but my past Halo-esque experiences just aren't there yet. But I will admit that I have to give it time so I'm not making any judgements despite my current disappointment.

I have yet to find a match where anyone talks and I'm not exaggerating. Add that to the fact that you can't play your own music and you get very dull matches, at least in my opinion thus far.

Some of the weapon balances seem very bad but at least now a single gun has a chance at overtaking a dualwielder or power weapon. The glitches are already starting to get to me. Every match I play there seem to be at least 2-3 people double meleeing and double shooting. I'm seeing lots of people trying BXR and BXB. You can tell because they'll melee you and instantly press X and they deploy whatever item they have and then instantly start shooting or meleeing.

how are people getting into the beta?

I purchased crackdown just for the beta invite and still nothing, it just says "delayed" zzz u_u

I got in via the Friends & Family beta selection. I have also had some friends receive their codes from the first phase and second phase (Rule of 3) promotions.

I was laying in my bed, window open ... When i suddenly heard whisteling. Thought it was the TV, but it came from the outside. Had to go see which loon was whisteling at this hour ... My friend stood there and said "Hey C'mon out ... It's raining!"

Yeah, great ... So i decided to head out in my rain resistant jacket to kill some time atleast. Now, one hour later I'm soaked and awake.