|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

argh! 89% sooo closeee :(

ohh yeah i heard something that ign or another game review place saw the single player game for H3 and it looks waaayyy better than the multiplayer, soo Im asuming they dumb down the graphics for multiplayer, meh like you really notice grpx when you are playing a fast paced multiplayer match :p

90% im inching forward :p lol

Dont worry Larry, if you are downloading it you are fine. Talk about screwed. I cleared my cache and now the entire beta is gone from the downloads area.

::Restarted crackdown, waited for everything to load and it is there now. 1%!

Whew, Thanks for the response. I figured I was okay since I was already DLing it, but then I started thinking maybe it had to be done for whatever crazy reason.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted it out on your end. I can only imagine how ****ed I would have been in your shoes.

Well, the good news is that they extended it for 4 additional days, especially over the weekend. If you ask me this was all worth the extra four days for sure.

Now I only have to wait 16 to 17 hours to actually try it out, since I am off to bed now and will only get to check it out when I get home from work. Hopefully it is a case of good things come to those that wait. However I will state until I share my opinion in full I only liked Halo 2 MP, I was not crazy about it, so I am going to be a tough critic to say the least.

Just checked, at 25%. Now the only obstacle in front of me is I have lost power twice tonight in my apartment because of thunder storms. They appear to have passed, hopefully they have.

Enjoy everyone who does get to play it soon. Hope it is everything you want it to be.

Keeps freezing. Loaded up once, but once I picked "play beta" at the title screen, it said "the beta is either unavailable or has expired. Check back at a later date."

>.<

Trying it for the sixth time...

Keeps freezing. Loaded up once, but once I picked "play beta" at the title screen, it said "the beta is either unavailable or has expired. Check back at a later date."

>.<

Trying it for the sixth time...

If you are seeing the "Game Over" message today, the 15th of May, try the following. Either, wait about an hour and relax, or if you cannot wait:

Restart your box, then do this:

Go to the dashboard.

Go to the system tab

Select memory

Highlight your hard drive

Press Y

Press X, X, LB, RB, X, X

Say yes when prompted to do maintenance on your hard drive.

This removes all previous title updates and prompts you to redownload new ones.

This message is only useful today, May 15th. When the Beta actually ends in three weeks, it won't help you.

Basically this is the same thing i did to get crackdown to update and work. Hopefully that helps you

What in gods name is that for an update?

Crackdown has always worked fine, so i woke up this morning after two hours of sleep. I start up Crackdown, it prompts me to download the patch, i accept. Game restarts and all hell breaks lose! First restart the game freezes during the first Logo.

Second time during the second Logo sequence. Third time a big splash of odd colours appears and freezes yet again. Third time i get another set of colours but it gets to the menu. EVERYTHING! is running at 5 FPS and dips to about 1 every 3 second.

Nice ...

EDIT: Well, only good thing is I'm maxing my 20 Mbit connection i see. Done after 8 Minutes of Downloading.

Edited by MichaelBL

EDIT: Well, only good thing is I'm maxing my 20 Mbit connection i see. Done after 8 Minutes of Downloading.

i'm so jealous :p

been downloading for about an hour and 10 minutes now and i'm only at 70%. at this rate, it'll be done in 30 minutes. :(

That's because i was forced to stay up late and had to sleep through the release. Now the InTrAWeBz Gods are granting me free Bandwidth :laugh:

Beta seems to be down. Says it's unavailable or expited :(

Got the same, did you try;

"If you are seeing the "Game Over" message today, the 15th of May, try the following. Either, wait about an hour and relax, or if you cannot wait:

Go to the dashboard.

Go to the system tab

Select memory

Press Y

Press X, X, LB, RB, X, X

This message is only useful today, May 15th. When the Beta actually ends in three weeks, it won't help you."

Got the same, did you try;

"If you are seeing the "Game Over" message today, the 15th of May, try the following. Either, wait about an hour and relax, or if you cannot wait:

Go to the dashboard.

Go to the system tab

Select memory

Press Y

Press X, X, LB, RB, X, X

This message is only useful today, May 15th. When the Beta actually ends in three weeks, it won't help you."

:) worked. Thanks

@Oxuyoska: If you're joking, then you got me. If you seriously can't kill with the AR, I feel sorry for you.

I drop it for a Carbine or a Battle Rifle every single time, seems worthless as a starter weapon because you can't kill from a distance.

I'm sucking real bad. But it's the first time I've ever played a Halo game so I guess that's to be expected :p

Well, same here on the suckage part.

But my god, takes a lifeage to find a game and they are always "Rockets Only" or some crap.

just played a few games and thought it was pretty good :) and then I managed to get 2 friends together and we ended up on the same team and played strangers and i had A BLAST! I love being able to communicate with my friends instantly via the headset! God i love Xbox Live :)

Won my first match. Great fun. I'll definitely be posting in the gameplay thread tomorrow about my thoughts. And I love that they added four days to the beta :D

Download was really quick for me for some reason, took only about 15-20 minutes.

So should we spawn with snipers so we can kill from a MEGAdistance? The starter weapon is not supposed to be the most powerful gun in the game... It's just suppposed to allow you to get to other weapons and objectives without the need to pick up new weapons.

Sorry, but I think you need to rethink strategies if you're gonna be trying to kill from a distance all the time.

Weird game.

It's fun, but I keep getting random medals. I get stickie awards for sniping, sniping awards for melees... and I constantly seem to be getting stuck by plasma grenades, but I never actually see a grenade or explosion... just the message saying I got stickied.

Whatever. It's a beta, and it's fun.

I'm finding it just ok. I guess probably because I suck at it :p . I know it's a beta, but the controls seem very imprecise. Especially after playing CoD3.

Just had my 1st few games, and i must say im very impressed! Didn't do 'that' bad considering its my first go of a Halo title using a joypad :)

Well I'm getting the game over error again, tried cleaning my cache again and it's still there this time. This has got to be the most frusterating beta ever :p