|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

I'm pretty sure that kind of talk is allowed.

But man, you can run so fast at 300% speed and if you have 50% gravity with it, you can jump across the map on snowbound.

next time just link the source... jeezus

http://www.arrogantics.com/2007/05/30/high...halo-3-article/

If you look back, I did cite where I get all my info from, the Gamefaqs post. Look from where your link cites from too. ;)

Theres a glitch to play custom on Halo 3 beta but I'm not sure is those kind of discussion allowed here( I know how to do it )

Yeah, my friend invited me last night, it's a lot of fun. 300% speed and 50% gravity is a lot of fun and you seem so slow when you get back to normal.

If you look back, I did cite where I get all my info from, the Gamefaqs post. Look from where your link cites from too. ;)

what i meant is that it would have been better to link the source of the HD pictures instead of embedding them directly in here... (for us folks who just want to scroll through posts fast or people with slow connections ;)

Which game are you talking about?

Looks like I was totally confused :laugh:

Don't mind me.

what i meant is that it would have been better to link the source of the HD pictures instead of embedding them directly in here... (for us folks who just want to scroll through posts fast or people with slow connections ;)

Yeah, sorry, just excited. :p It just sucks that some people don't click on external links.

Yeah, sorry, just excited. :p It just sucks that some people don't click on external links.

I am too :p can't wait for that damn game !! Not alot of Campaign talk... I'm eager to see what its gonna look like

There's a section for campaign info in the Gamepro article. All we've seen so far are scans of the multiplayer bit. Which is fine and all, but what I'm interested in is the story and co-op.

if you wanna play custom games then join my game (my GT is troist) and then quit, and you're in the custom games lobby. i'm gonna leave my xbox on overnight... overall it should be on for at least 24 hours.

if you wanna play custom games then join my game (my GT is troist) and then quit, and you're in the custom games lobby. i'm gonna leave my xbox on overnight... overall it should be on for at least 24 hours.

Make sure your auto-off isn't enabled. :p

Wait I don't see the scan with the SP info?

I know, that's the only one I didn't see either or I would have posted it. :o

I want to know how the campaign is shaping up, but Bungie has to keep something under wraps. The only thing left would be to put in a map editor, but that would be too awesome, I don't know if it can be done.

OK a quick rant:

If you're really fat or really out of shape, pull the mic away from your damn mouth, please. It seems like every day I get stuck in a game where I have to mute a team mate who lets every breath be heard in the mic. I'm in a bad mood now and well, it just ticks me off more when i think about it. Then again, the last idiot was also the same guy who got into the Banshee on Valhalla and just flew off the map for the entire round. Finished with no kills and no deaths.

the last idiot was also the same guy who got into the Banshee on Valhalla and just flew off the map for the entire round. Finished with no kills and no deaths.

damn, that sucks... he should've gone into a custom game to do that... theres no excuse for glitching in matchmaking anymore.

Thanks man! I'm trying a custom game now.

Single Player

When Halo 2 rather abruptly left off, the destruction of the universe was a mere blip away. In Halo 3, we learn that the fanatical Covenant have conquered Earth and are excavating a piece of ancient Forerunner technology - the Ark - in order to trigger a galaxy-cleansing Armageddon of Halo pulses.

All signs point to the Ark serving as a major factor in Halo 3's single-player campaign. Little is known about the physical structure of the Ark itself, aside from a massive structure firing a dazzling beam of energy into the sky. Does the Ark serve as some sort of intergalactic network router? Only Bungie knows, and their lips are sealed.

But Bungie was more willing to talk turkey about the massive upheaval that's struck the Covenant since Halo 2. "Because the Elites are not semi-allied with the humans, the Brutes are going to take center stage" as Master Chief's prime adversaries, Bungie's Frank O'Connor tells GamePro . Thanks to more advanced artificial intelligence, Brutes will react faster, fight harder, and hunt in frighteningly intelligent packs. "The Brutes are more fun to fight in Halo 3 than Covenant Elites were in Halo 1 or 2, " O'Connor says What's more, Bungie stresses that the Brute's influence will extend to the Covenant's lesser foot soldiers. "You can have a horrifying encounter with the Grunts, " O'Connor tells GamePro. Does that mean Halo 3's campaign will throw a tidal wave of Grunts at the player? "It's not that simple, but you will fight a lot of Grunts...a lot of everything," O'Connor clarifies.

With Gears of War delivering one of the Xbox 360's first solid cooperative online campaigns, Bungie can no longer entirely avoid the online co-op question. The team knows that players are clamoring for an online cooperative mode for Halo 3's campaign mode, but stopped just short of confirming it. "We know people would love to have it," Bungie's Brian Jarrard tells GamePro, "I can say that our people are looking into including online co-op...it's certainly something we're thinking about."

One thing Bungie isn't shy about sharing is that Halo 3 will be the grand finale for the series. Will we finally learn more about Master Chief's background and motivations? "I think Halo fans will find a lot of new information - information that they were looking for for a while," Jarrard teases. As for the specific plot details, Bungie remains tight lipped as always, though the campaign's size and scope means players can expect plenty of surprises. "It is going to be a big game." Jarrard hints.

Details aside, it's a safe bet that the Covenant's mysterious intentions on Earth will be revealed, the mysterious Forerunners will play a key role, and Master Chief will go on saving the galaxy...one Plasma Grenade at a time.

Xbox Live

Halo 3 raises the bar with a more accessible experience system, fresh multiplayer gametypes and game variants, and far more detailed stat tracking. As a whole, Halo 3's Xbox Live user interface is similar to Halo 2's. The player level is now replaced by a military-style rank, similar to that of Rainbow Six: Vegas. In all, Halo 3 features 36 ranks for players to unlock as the rack up wins online.

Post-game stats have also been upgraded. Each player now has an individualized Player Stats page where medals are explained in detail and the new "Tool of Destruction" component reveals who really hogged the Rocket Launcher int he last match. In addition to Player Stats, the Service Record page shows a player's highest rank, number of matches played, and total experience points earned. It's a culmination of single-player and multiplayer statistics.

Improvements in Halo 3's matchmaking include the ability to "party up" with players after a match is over, and a new "veto" system that allows players to revolt against any map or gametype. "On Halo 2, some of the feedback we got was there is not a lot of control," said Colm Nelson, Halo 3's user interface designer, "So with Halo 3, if you want to play on another map you can pitch in your vote with the veto."

This part wasn't in the article, but it was in a box on the side. It says:

"HALOTUBE: Halo 3 automatically saves every match in a video format and allows you to replay them from any angle. You can upload any film to your friends or splice out screenshots for online use."

Brute Force (Lol, puns.)

The monstrous Brutes are the main baddies in Halo 3's single-player campaign...but these aren't the same old Brutes.

- Brutes are smarter and faster.

They're no longer the simple-minded foes you remember from Halo 3. These new Brutes are vicious killing machines with animal-like cunning. They also prefer to hunt in packs, upping the danger factor.

- Brutes fall into at least three different classes.

Standard Brutes take marching orders from Brute Captains, and will respond to commands during battle. Brute Chieftains, with their elaborate body armor, sit on top of the command heap.

- Brutes command other Covenant forces.

Now that Brutes are in charge of the Covenant forces, expect to see cannon fodder like Grunts and Jackals take on entirely new strategies.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...5084&page=7

The guy said no new pics of Caimpaign so the article is all that's there.

Edited by Gamerhomie

OK a quick rant:

If you're really fat or really out of shape, pull the mic away from your damn mouth, please. It seems like every day I get stuck in a game where I have to mute a team mate who lets every breath be heard in the mic. I'm in a bad mood now and well, it just ticks me off more when i think about it. Then again, the last idiot was also the same guy who got into the Banshee on Valhalla and just flew off the map for the entire round. Finished with no kills and no deaths.

:devil: :rofl:

Check it out - Halo 3 BSOD!

http://flickr.com/photos/ericjd/524137777/

lol :p bungie always have a BSOD somewhere... i thought the blueish message on the high ground gate was it... i'll have to go find that BSOD

on a custom games note: i'm leaving my xbox on again tonight so it should be on for at least another 18 hours if anyone needs to join me for custom games.

ok... it won't let me edit my post above for some reason, so i'm just saying now. my xbox is off... my room is way too hot now :p the xbox has heated it up as much as my radiators do in winter o.O