|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

I believe they just decreased the range of the auto aim, which IMO was brilliant. More skill, less computer aid.

No, I'm not talking about the auto-aim. The rate of the auto-aim now is really good, I like it as it's not too much but seems to be just enough. I'm talking about the acceleration of the aim. When you push your stick all the way to one direction it seems to accelerate really rapidly to that direction and you can't really slow it down by going in the middle because when you nudge it towards a direction it goes too slowly, but doing it a little more and it goes full speed. In Halo 2, it seemed more 'analog' in it's motion in that you can really control the speed of the turning much more than you could in the beta. Hopefully this gets tweaked for the final.

I'm having a problem saving videos. I could do it an hour ago, but now I can't. I tried deleting a couple just to see if I had hit some limit or something, but it's still not working. Has anybody had any issues saving films lately? I REALLY want to save this one too. I did really well :(

I'm having a problem saving videos. I could do it an hour ago, but now I can't. I tried deleting a couple just to see if I had hit some limit or something, but it's still not working. Has anybody had any issues saving films lately? I REALLY want to save this one too. I did really well :(

What's the point? :rofl:

damn. i played right until the end... i'm still in the custom games lobby though so i can play LAN when i have friends over :D or if anyone else was in a custom before the beta finished i can play them too.

my final stats were:

level 25 - 216 RP - captain (i should be major but i played way too many training games :p)

Games: 451

Last Played: 11/06/2007 00:07:27

Total Kills: 4018

Total Deaths: 3795

Kill/Death Ratio: 1.0588

Total Assists: 1728

Combat Stats

Games: 300

Last Played: 6/10/2007 11:12:17 PM

* Total Kills: 4775

* Total Deaths: 2572

* Kill/Death Ratio: 1.8565

* Total Assists: 1537

Trongavitus played 90 more games than me, so I think we were close to even in Kills

RatherLargeBear

SPARTAN - R18

Captain - Grade 1

Combat Stats

Games: 309

Last Played: 10/06/2007 10:56:55

* Total Kills: 3827

* Total Deaths: 2112

* Kill/Death Ratio: 1.812

* Total Assists: 1027

What's the point? :rofl:

Well when people were having issues near the beginning of the beta, where it said that the beta was over, it still allowed them to watch films IIRC. It happened to me once.

damn. i played right until the end... i'm still in the custom games lobby though so i can play LAN when i have friends over :D

There's no lan play in the beta, the options there but you carnt select it unless you know something i dont.

Games: 189

Last Played: 6/10/2007 10:16:04 AM

* Total Kills: 1672

* Total Deaths: 1522

* Kill/Death Ratio: 1.0986

* Total Assists: 689

haven't played all that much, but the times i did play were all equally awesome, especially some games at a friend's place, a lot of swearing and laughing :laugh:

There's no lan play in the beta, the options there but you carnt select it unless you know something i dont.

you can play a custom game with 3 guests... its played "online", but all the players are local. its close enough to lan...

woah... thats some freaky face... maybe we'll get to see his face in campaign then if they've actually got it in the model. whats happened under his left eye (its on the right in the video, but for him its his left), thats some nasty scar that you wouldn't get if you're in one of those suits 24/7 :p

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Yea, the fact that it's even in there leads me to believe that we might see his face in the Halo 3 campaign. Pretty cool stuff, I can't wait!

And doesn't that face lead to what I have read earlier about him? That his skin is white and all of that? I think that might indeed be the real deal.

For some reason I still can't see any face in that. I just see some spots and thats it. :s

Check your brightness and contrast, and/or for example on my powerbook I had tilt my screen a little. It is there, the eyes, cheeks, and some nose, it is just buried among the black.

wow that face is pretty freaky

maybe MC was an experiment from a lab and there was an accident

dont flame me coz i havnt read the books

but seriously, anything from the books that would explain it?

^ :laugh:

May be the scar is from the flood form that gets inside his suite in Halo ? Or did it get through his neck ?

magik you read the books, remember ?

May be the scar is from the flood form that gets inside his suite in Halo ? Or did it get through his neck ?

magik you read the books, remember ?

Yea, IIRC, I believe it latched on to the back of his neck where his suit isn't really plated. But I don't think this would create that scar under his eye like that. Maybe the scar is from one of the earlier training missions or something like that? I'm really not sure where it could be from...

Yea, IIRC, I believe it latched on to the back of his neck where his suit isn't really plated. But I don't think this would create that scar under his eye like that. Maybe the scar is from one of the earlier training missions or something like that? I'm really not sure where it could be from...

The upcoming comics might shed some light ;)