Microsoft Starts Banning 360s on LIVE - MS Confirms

Microsoft decided to start banning Xbox360 with modified firmwares today.

While it's the same release date as Halo3 beta, it seems that people who didn't download Halo3 also get banned. They probably detect backup discs when you play 'em online (not confirmed yet).

Even people using the new firmwares with disc-jitter added get banned, so it looks like Microsoft found another way to detect it.

Just like on Xbox1 it seems Microsoft bans the console unique ID, not the LIVE user.

cimg0452ir3.jpg

Source: http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EE...EuAjENKDCMV.php

EDIT: removed imageshack link, it was dead.

Edited by OhMuffin

Im a goner too, banned just as i bought 12 months live lol. Oh well i hardly played on live untill i had halo3. thing i'll most miss is the demos on marketplace

just need a xbconnect/xlink style program for halo3 now :)

You should see all the "legal non modded" owners that got banned. Somehow im thinking they are the ones that tried to revert back to the old firmware and still got hit lol

Thank God I didn't mod my 360. I was thinking about it when I first got it (I mod all my consoles), but decided against it because I knew this would happen eventually.

Bit of a strange message, you can connect so you have a connection, therefore you're banned (is basically the gist of the message). Whilst I do not condone the modding, that is the worst worded ban notification I have seen, not that I've seen any, but you know what I mean, that could mean anything its very ambiguous, why not say "Dirty rotten scum, you modded so you're banned" or words to that effect keeping within the constraints of the law :)

Edited by BeLGaRaTh

Bit of a strange message, you can connect so you have a connection, therefore you're banned (is basically the gist of the message). Whilst I do not condone the modding, that is the worst worded ban notification I have seen, not that I've seen any, but you know what I mean, that could mean anything its very ambiguous, why not say "Dirty rotten scum, you modded so you're banned" or words to that effect keeping within the constraints of the law :)

But that's exactly what they are. There is no homebrew for the 360, only cheap asses who cant cough up the money to buy hours and hours of entertainment.

Now, I'm just waiting for my idiot friend to get banned. I'm waiting for his "I got banned" message. I've been literally counting the months for it to happen.

But that's exactly what they are. There is no homebrew for the 360, only cheap asses who cant cough up the money to buy hours and hours of entertainment.

Now, I'm just waiting for my idiot friend to get banned. I'm waiting for his "I got banned" message. I've been literally counting the months for it to happen.

Except if he gets banned, he wont be able to send the message (at least via Live), I love what MS have done :) Not before time

Have you told him about this? Or does he know himself? Or are you keeping quiet, hoping he will walk into the trap? :D

There has already been a fix for this from what I've been told, to basically "spoof" your Console ID.. which is also why there has been speculation of legit users getting banned..

Its funny to read the reaction of some people here, condemning the people who modded their console as if they killed someone.

Why the hell do you people care so much? It's not as if they've modded their console to automatically kick your bloody arse in every game.

Its funny to read the reaction of some people here, condemning the people who modded their console as if they killed someone.

It's funny that some people here, think that stealing games isn't a bad thing. If you have stolen 6 games, you can use that saved money to buy a new Core system and get back on live.

They haven't killed someone, but I hate the idea that someone who has only paid 450 dollars (400 + live) can play every game and then some, when I have paid almost 4 thousand dollars on my system. For basically 1/10th the price, they get to have the same, if not better experience than I have.

Which is why I have no sympathy for them being banned. Good riddance.

i have 2 xbox 360's one i admit is modded but i only play offline with it the other i bought legitimately and plan to use this to play online games, and just as a side note i normally buy the games i download after a week or two, it just fills the gap till pay day @D

I've been modded enough times in Halo 2 to feel a certain way about modders.

Keep 'em offline. More fun for the rest of us.