Speeding is safer

I've had an incident in the past couple of months where someone misjudged while speeding and then attempted to cut back over from an exit lane at high speed. Due to I drive a bigger vehicle, I ran him off the road rather than risk loosing control of MY vehicle. Its people with attitudes like what you have that put you in that situation. It looks like your "controled" driving puts you in the same situation with the same results.

BTW: I did not hit the other vehicle, after the driver realized he was in a nogo situation (with me not moving at all from my lane) he ran into the side grass and probably ruined his suspension on the loweriding crapcar. I didnt think twice looking back, especially since I've been Tboned by another driver who "had control" while speeding and ran a redlight.

I've had an incident in the past couple of months where someone misjudged while speeding and then attempted to cut back over from an exit lane at high speed. Due to I drive a bigger vehicle, I ran him off the road rather than risk loosing control of MY vehicle. Its people with attitudes like what you have that put you in that situation. It looks like your "controled" driving puts you in the same situation with the same results.

BTW: I did not hit the other vehicle, after the driver realized he was in a nogo situation (with me not moving at all from my lane) he ran into the side grass and probably ruined his suspension on the loweriding crapcar. I didnt think twice looking back, especially since I've been Tboned by another driver who "had control" while speeding and ran a redlight.

That's just stupidity on their part and shouldn't be confused with prudent speeding. Trying to forcefully merge into a lane or running a red light is something I would never do.

I will be honest i always speed and havent been caught. I got the power in my Focus to do so. Not saying everyone should speed but most days i'm behind some sunday driver who goes 10mph under the speed limit... which is a pain in the ass.

Well it's not that speeding is safer then driving slow, but it's that there is a lot of idiot drivers out there and when your going fast your not by them long enough for anything to happen.

Ridiculous. By your logic one should drive faster on ice because you're not on it as long. Or driver faster in the rain because you hydroplane for less time.

Because I had them already counted in batches of 100 bills. I don't waste my time counting them, I have a machine to do it. That's what I had at hand and it was as troublesome as taking three blocks and taking 7 bills out of one. Simple enough.

Now this is just absurd.

"Look at me in my BMW drifting my way around Mexico! I have so much money that I have to wrap bills and bought a machine to count them."

Bragging on an Internet forum doesn't make you cool.

My dad has been speeding for more than 20 years and has a completely clean driving record. Sometimes I think he has a nose for cops or something because I never see them when I'm in the passenger seat. Then again, I'm in the passenger seat, so I trust whoever the driver is. :p

My dad is actually scared of how I drive though. He thinks I'm not a conscious driver. Yeah, right... Actually, he's scared of how his girlfriend drives too. It is probably because he isn't used to being a passenger. In any case, I moved from Lombard, IL, USA back to my hometown a couple of months ago, but I still drive like I did in Lombard. You pretty much NEED to go faster than the posted speed limit. If you don't, you back up traffic. Of course, that's not saying to drive unsafely, but it does feel like I'm more alert when I drive faster than the posted speed limit. Also, there is a sort of unwritten law called the "basic speed law" or something that I learned about in Driver's Education that says if other cars are going faster, it is alright for you to go faster too because you may cause an accident by going too slow. I'm not sure if that is valid everywhere, just certain states, or even just Illinois, but I was actually taught that so-called "law" because going too slow IS a safety issue. If everybody is going fast and you are going the speed limit, what are the chances of someone getting into an accident? Rather high, I believe, considering the number of drivers you will anger by not going the right speed.

However, I must note that speeding in some situations is not a good thing unless you have been speeding for a LONG time. For example, suppose your girlfriend broke up with you and you were speeding home or your wife threw you out of the house and now you are speeding to a friend's house. Speeding safely requires that no matter how distracted you are, you must be able to control your vehicle. I've come very close to causing a road hazard because I made bad judgment calls while distracted by different things. My friend's girlfriend recently broke up with him. He has been speeding for about three years, and he ran nine red lights on his way home (not on purpose either, he thought he could make it). I would say the average number of years it takes to build your speeding skills is approximately ten years. Note the word "average" in that last sentence because it could take some people less time while it could take others more time. If you think you are one of those people that it takes less time for, then I hope you know what you are doing on the road. Whether you feel you are or are not a responsible and safe speeder, do stay alert and aware of your surroundings. Know what is going on at all times, regardless of your speed.

The first thing we learned in Driver's Ed class was "Stay with the flow of traffic, no matter how fast or slow it may be".

That's not a problem. Speeding tickets are $26 regardless of the speed. That's if they are determined enough to catch me, usually they just back off and figure it's not worth it.

dang.. if i was pulled over for doing 140km in a 80 km.. in oklahoma.. i would be put in jail according to law

Did I actually waste my time reading this post?

There's a few minutes of my life I will never get back.

Don't stop with the speeding!

And, if you are ever going to to be unfortunate enough to rear-end someone, the closer you are to them when you do so means less of a difference in potential energy between your vehicle and the one you strike so tail-gating (following very close) is acceptable too since your car (and the one you hit) won't get as much damage.

Did I actually waste my time reading this post?

There's a few minutes of my life I will never get back.

Don't stop with the speeding!

And, if you are ever going to to be unfortunate enough to rear-end someone, the closer you are to them when you do so means less of a difference in potential energy between your vehicle and the one you strike so tail-gating (following very close) is acceptable too since your car (and the one you hit) won't get as much damage.

i cant decide wether this is stupid, or sarcastic. maybe i had a few to many beers tonight.

i cant decide wether this is stupid, or sarcastic. maybe i had a few to many beers tonight.

It was sarcastic... and I'm there with you on the 'few too many' but I'm in the rum.

Basically, I'm saying if it's okay to go fast, then tail-gating is acceptable too.

*cheers*

It does make him somethign though. The forum rules prohibit me from sayign what that is though :)

Already got my warn for it ;-)

Speeding is NOT safe. Speeding is idiotic.

those of you who say it feels better when you're going fast...<snipped>

you only feel different because of the adrenaline flowing through your body. And although it does make you more alert, it still does not make driving fast safe.

Edited by Fred Derf

those of you who say it feels better when you're going fast...<snipped>

you only feel different because of the adrenaline flowing through your body. And although it does make you more alert, it still does not make driving fast safe.

I agree.

How many people forget the basic axiom of 'turn in the direction of the skid'? How many people apply brakes while skidding?

How many people seem to think that physics does not apply to them?

If the OP was really "that good" he would have been able to respond to the 'other driver' that caused his accident. But, 3000 later, and he still thinks he's the shiznit.

-edit: just noticed this was my '666' post.... :devil:

Edited by Fred Derf

what exactly is transmission damage? does that mean your body is fine just somehow the transmission got screwd up? well thats not really due to collision is it?

Stupidest thread in the history of mankind.

I can't wait until the follow up post of you driving your BMW into a tree at highspeed.

You should have your license revoked.

I can't wait until the follow up post of you driving your BMW into a tree at highspeed.

You should have your license revoked.

:laugh:

You make it seem like I'm driving recklessly. Driving fast and driving dangerously are not the same thing.