Speeding is safer

:laugh:

You make it seem like I'm driving recklessly. Driving fast and driving dangerously are not the same thing.

You've already stated that you weave in and out of traffic at high speeds. That is reckless driving.

Dammit! I didn't realise, speed = safe. Now I'm going to go 120Km/h down a 50Km/h zone so I can save the children there from my slowness! :rolleyes:

I don't have a license, but I guess the fact that I don't know how to drive properly is offset by the fact that I do 250km/h in 30 zones. I'm like a god!

I think I'll take driving advise from someone who hasn't crashed thanks. Let alone 3 times! "I drive fast and I'm really good at it and I'm great!"... Good one.

I think I'll take driving advise from someone who hasn't crashed thanks. Let alone 3 times! "I drive fast and I'm really good at it and I'm great!"... Good one.

I think that is one of the most common quotes you would see in tomb stones today. All those young drivers who "never crash" end up 2m under.

The op just sounds like a naive, young child who is overconfident but will learn in time - hopefully before he either gets someone killed or dies himself.

The two other accidents I got rear-ended, once while I was stopped at a red light.

I've never been at fault.

I do love the posts from all these youngsters who claim to be safe drivers, drive fast and are great at driving. It really makes me chuckle.

Sorry, heard this ALL before from loads of cocky little kids who eventually write off their cars. They have a disproportionate amount of crashes, for which they are never at fault, or there is always an excuse or whatever.

LOL, ride on kids, ride on!

driving with the flow of traffic isn't any safer than speeding.

That is a bald faced lie. If anything speed regulations may make this proposition as the flow tends to be higher than the posted limites. Precious concentration and awareness is wasted by keeping your eye glued to the speedo.

Your case on the other hand is just silly. Weaving in and out of traffic always carries much more of a risk factor as your ability to give yourself an out and reaction times are highly decreased. I will admit however that there is a gap where certain driver/cars can efficiently maneuver just as well and almost as safely. The problem is that many who do it don't have at least 10 years experience and usually drive cars whose stability over 65 is highly questionable.

If you ask me I think it's also a matter of driver skill. Some people I know are a danger driving at average speeds, I'd never sit with them at high speeds, and a few friends have great skill at high speeds.

I speed, but never in a residential area or a place where I know there is an elevated risk of death/injury. I don't believe in speeding when you've got other people in your car, if your alone, then that's fine. :D

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Huezo does, I know many people who drive save at high speeds.

Edited by Game

Lets see, someone made a good point. All this info is comming from an 19 year old that has "pushed his car to the limits many times". Really? So you've been around tracks with it, taken it to a drag strip, done loose dirt tracks with it, and basically done safe responsible test driving. No? Doesnt sound like it.

So I'll take your opinions of your "safe driving" in due context with the example you follow.

This is so much like the 18 y/o drinking thread. "I think its a stupid law so I'm going to break it." Attitude.

Believe me, in Montreal, you wouldn't last a week driving the way you say you drive :rofl:

It all depends of how ppl around you drive but think for a second when you say that cuz you are among the ppl so you shouldn't be going at 100-110 on a boulevard cutting ppl thinking that you're a racer. You like speeding? Go on a track, to that legendary track in the UK (forgot the name..) or whatever.

Seriously, what is the rush when you constantly drive fast? Many statistics are done proving that speeding is dangerous but you, one man from MEHICO want to prove that wrong? But of course!

IF what you say is true about speeding, then all motorcyclists and ppl in supercars are invincible. Sure go ask Suzuki and Kawasaki to remove the speed limit off their ZX-14 and Hayabusa's, tell em that speeding is safe!

Did I actually waste my time reading this post?

There's a few minutes of my life I will never get back.

Don't stop with the speeding!

And, if you are ever going to to be unfortunate enough to rear-end someone, the closer you are to them when you do so means less of a difference in potential energy between your vehicle and the one you strike so tail-gating (following very close) is acceptable too since your car (and the one you hit) won't get as much damage.

thats a very good point, i'd like to add that tail gating will save you gas as the draft you get from the other car takes away some drag on yours also giving you more ability to overtake and weave through a row of other cars if need be. :whistle:

yeah sure :rolleyes: maybe you should think about the chances of killing someone when you are driving 50 km/h and the chances of killing someone when you are speeding at 160 km/h. you're a disgrace

So, people here claiming they are safe at speed - hell even that they have "have great skill at high speeds".

Funniest thing I ever heard!

If people are so skillful with speed - show it on a track and keep it on a track. Using the roads for your own little ego is the most pathetic and arrogant thing ever.

It is impossible to deny that greater speed = less reaction time. This is physics and logic. And you may have all the "skills" in the world, but other drivers can be the cause of problems.

Also, a lot of "kiddie boy racers" may not be in accidents but they sure do cause them - and often not even notice or care!

i havent read most of the thread but i just saw the title had the need to come into here and rant at the OP!

ok so you say you have less accidents etc fine fair enough.... but tell the kid who is lying dead in the middle of the road because at 50MPH it took you that extra 50/60 yards to stop and hit him at double the speed you would have had you been doing the speed limit.

Like i said... i cant argue with you original arguement... i dont think its the truth but whatever i'll accept it... its when you have to do an emergency stop and you dont stop in time that you will learn that it is not "safer" at all!

please dont come back with any type of excuse and that your breaks are the l337est breaks ever and they stop you in X feet not Y feet etc etc... its no excuse... and i hope you dont have to live with the death of a small child or even a whole family after you plough into them at near twice the speed limit because you think your Colin Mcrae to learn your mistakes.

so many things i could say to so many posts in this thread, so little time.

So I'll use an emoticon to describe how i feel about all of this.

:argh:

Except if you could have the emote crack their skull open. And then bleed everywhere yet continue to pound continuously into the wall. Then brain matter dislodges and begins to embed itself into the course brick material, while the face continues to disfigure and various facial elements rupture or in fact detach. After a while the face will become a large mince like mound pounding into the wall. Finally, the emoticon head would then violently and spectacularly explode causing chunks to spray everywhere. That would be more like the emote i would use here.

Oh but it has to have a cute kitten in it. And a large "LOL" placed in it somewhere. Maybe a palm tree. I like palm trees.

Having had my mailbox obliterated by a Memorial Day drunken driver speeding around the curve of my neighborhood, I would definitely say that speeding is unsafe. Especially when there are often children and pets on the streets of residential areas. Of course, this ###### did not stop, he was reported to the police, a warrant issued for his arrest, and I'm sure he's having a fun evening in lockup facing charges for DUI and leaving the accident scene. Reportedly, he also took the SUV of his sister-in-law w/o permission so he may or may not get Auto Theft tossed in with that.

Budious: A mailbox? Say about 5 feet tall, on the corner of your property. Could easily have been a kid stood there then?

Point made to anyone who needs point making!

If he was going faster, he would have missed it. :rolleyes:

Being that it happened so quickly, I was in the house and only heard it and saw the resulting dust cloud. However, my neighbors who were outdoors and witnessed it claimed he tipped the suv onto two-wheels he came into the corner so hard. He's lucky it didn't completely rollover. There is an empty lot and ditch just beyond my mailbox that he bottomed out in and literally bounced off the tall side of the ditch and back out into the road, nearly missing another driver pulled over on the side of the road letting her child out at a friend's house. I'm sure the 2007 Nissan Armada that he was driving has several thousand dollars worth of damage, so I hope his sister-in-law presses auto theft charges.