Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

It looked rubbish to start with?

I don't think so :p

msn_1.png

How about you take off all of those tweaks and then we'll see how crappy it looks :D

Seems like a minor blog and is cleary written by someone who is misinformed and who doesn't have a clue about the MSN waves. 8.5 is very much real and has been planned for a while now, there will be an official beta shortly. Unfortunately this leak was from a private MVP beta.

Seems like a minor blog and is cleary written by someone who is misinformed and who doesn't have a clue about the MSN waves. 8.5 is very much real and has been planned for a while now, there will be an official beta shortly. Unfortunately this leak was from a private MVP beta.

yeah very sad :(

Yea, I thought so.

Finding trustworthy testers seems to be a recurring problem for microsoft. I think the mvp responsible should loose his privlages

tip: execute

regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\fsshext.8.5.1235.0517.dll"

to remove sharing folders icon from my computer.

Finding trustworthy testers seems to be a recurring problem for microsoft. I think the mvp responsible should loose his privlages

Whilst I agree, MS haven't put the server protection on for this .5 release so it's clearly only going to be UI updates and fit and finish instead of any new features so it doesn't matter to them as much.

tip: execute

regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\fsshext.8.5.1235.0517.dll"

to remove sharing folders icon from my computer.

Oh sure he will,if he gets caught

But as cream said,it seems MS doesen't care,since it's not a mayor update.

wont install for me get some spanish message

is it the error i posted a screenshot of. if so then just look at my next post for the answer.