Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

Hi Diggers :)
2427 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes (2216 guests, 204 members, 7 anonymous members).

Yep, it's a safe bet :p

@Admodieus: I've got the same issue. I'm back on 8.1 as well. I cant use WLM with the adds etc.

Looks great :) I was wondering when they would update Windows Live Messenger to fit in better with Vista :happy:

my chatwindows have stopped flashing when they are behind another window... anyone else had this?

Without Webcam nor Audio, nor handwriting, nor nudges and with insanely slow file transfers (I read that the mac version uses really old file transfer protocols or something...), it's not really valuable to me.

Don't forget that Winks should be taken out as wee. I wouldn't mind a lite version. A bit like 4.7 with audio removed and a slightly updated interface.

Looks good.

I wonder when the next version of Microsoft Messenger will be released.

I believe Messenger has been discontinued. It is not included with Windows anymore as of Windows Vista.

I believe Messenger has been discontinued. It is not included with Windows anymore as of Windows Vista.

Microsoft Messenger:mac is still very much alive.

Without Webcam nor Audio, nor handwriting, nor nudges and with insanely slow file transfers (I read that the mac version uses really old file transfer protocols or something...), it's not really valuable to me.

Can't say I care for handwriting and nudges at all. Improved file transfer is a must. And yeah it's because Messenger still uses older protocols, which is supposed to change this year or early 2008 (I think).

Microsoft Messenger:mac is still very much alive.

Sorry, I was referring to Windows Messenger, my bad.

looks just as crap as ever, can anyone recommend some really good nice looking msn clients im fed up of live messenger, I don't need anything that does multiple messengering protocols

Seeing as most of the changes at the moment seem to be cosmetic, couldn't someone make a patch style skin for the current version of messenger live so we get the new looks but current stability?

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Just a quick question, dont flame me everyone :p but are you running that on Vista or XP?

I cant tell the difference lol

Messenger itself also got a complete overhaul, featuring a new UI

I hardly feel a new colour counts as "a new UI". Its the exact same minus some colours and boarders around display pictures.

None the less doesnt look too bad anyway.