Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

I wouldn't call it 'Brand new'. I've switched permanently to Pidgin, and I haven't looked back yet.

Thanks for that! Never heard of it before. Installed it and Im in love with it already. Amazing!! :D

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

so close... but you missed a spot!

better luck next photoshop

post-42644-1180306193.jpg

can anyone throw up their msgslang for 8.1, i put mine in the folder for 8.5, named it the right name, all we fine.

Then i threw the msg plus dll in there and messenger did the little repair on start and it nuked my english msgslang.

UI-wise I love Microsoft Messenger for Mac. It looks extremely clean, has no adds whatsoever by default and isn't filled withtoo many useless features someone mentioned earlier. Downside is that it currently lacks Webcam and Audio support, but that's supposed to change according to Microsoft's MacBU.

It's too bad that with every update Microsoft completely throws Windows XP's UI overboard. While Messenger 8.5 and Media Player 11 look (more or less) at home on Windows Vista, they look like freaks on Windows XP.

It's too bad that with every update Microsoft completely throws Windows XP's UI overboard. While Messenger 8.5 and Media Player 11 look (more or less) at home on Windows Vista, they look like freaks on Windows XP.

Now when you have your XP customized to look like Vista ;)

I just installed and its faster then before (no I am not providing anyone with a link...if you look hard enough you shall find it)

UPDATE: Thanks to Scott for informing us about the new "Bunny" emoticon in 8.5: . The shortcut for this new emoticon is ('.')

:laugh:

Am I the only one who finds the new UI mediocre? I like the current one better. The new one is a bit too overdone with gloss, and glass borders.

Why hasn't a newsposter put this on the front page?

Because it's a beta only meant for internal use which has been leaked. It therefore qualifies as warez.

Haven't used MSN Messenger since version 6 a few years ago, far too satisfied with Skype..