AutoPatcher XP May 2007

hi guys, awesome!

Softpedia and TechDomain both say this comes with autopatcher 5.1 - that's not right is it? They should say 5.6 yeah?

@unimatirxzer0, were till doing update releases, just not this time, there have been so many changes since the feb07 releases based on v5.1 that it calls for removing all previous versions and replacing them entirely with the new core releases

Hi all sorry if i seem a bit thick but i have downloaded the file AutoPatcher_WinXP_May07_x86_ENU_Core but it does not seem to work i am using windows XP SP2 but i get the message

This release may be incompatible with the existing release(s) in the directory you selected

this release is from the 5.6 branch, the existing release(s) are for version 5.1.0.40

do i ignore or is this the wrong version for my system

all help greatfully accepted

thanks

CarDiaC

hi guys, awesome!

Softpedia and TechDomain both say this comes with autopatcher 5.1 - that's not right is it? They should say 5.6 yeah?

well spotted... That will teach me for stealing the "included" part of softpedia's description. Its fixed now, and I am using the description from here. It was the right file version though!

Hello. :cool:

First of all, thank you guys for this lovely and long expected release and for all the hard work you put into it. I have just one quick question, although it's maybe a bit stupid:

Why is my Automatic Updates service started and set to 'automatic' after installing v5.6 of Autopatcher XP?

Was that necessary out of some reason? Thank you in advance.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Hello. :cool:

First of all, thank you guys for this lovely and long expected release and for all the hard work you put into it. I have just one quick question, although it's maybe a bit stupid:

Why is my Automatic Updates service started and set to 'automatic' after installing v5.6 of Autopatcher XP?

Was that necessary out of some reason? Thank you in advance.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Just a guess but I think "Windows Update v7" did that, one reason why I didn't install it.

Hi all sorry if i seem a bit thick but i have downloaded the file AutoPatcher_WinXP_May07_x86_ENU_Core but it does not seem to work i am using windows XP SP2 but i get the message

This release may be incompatible with the existing release(s) in the directory you selected

this release is from the 5.6 branch, the existing release(s) are for version 5.1.0.40

thanks

CarDiaC

Remove any previous copies of AutoPatcher you have on your system

thanks

CarDiaC

yey, i knew it was a good idea to put that into the new installer :D

the problem is that your trying to install the new core release (based on autopatcher version 5.6) over an older release (based on autopatcher version 5.1)

the solution, uninstall or delete the older copy of autopatcher first then try again

Where is :

Sun Java 2 SE Runtime Environment v6.0 Update 1?

Drivers ASPI v4.71.2?

It is not included!!!!!!!

as someone else said, for sunjava you need to get the 'extras' addon pack

the aspi addon was removed from autopatcher. we had a poll about it over a month ago.

Great work... downloading entire package with addons, and extras, and all, tonight...

Good call on separating packages too.

P.S. Now u have time to practice more for driving exam so good luck this time ^^ ;)

thanks

CarDiaC

Thanks for the help all is working fine now :)

Hi.

Just a guess but I think "Windows Update v7" did that, one reason why I didn't install it.

Thanks. Yes, that would probably be the cause.

Great work... downloading entire package with addons, and extras, and all, tonight...

Good call on separating packages too.

P.S. Now u have time to practice more for driving exam so good luck this time ^^ ;)

i already passed on the 15th :D, third time lucky!

i'we tried autopatcher many times but it never works :blink:

Is there any special version of xp you need ?

no, any edition of xp will do, what happens (or does not happen)?

Great work! I have always been a fan of AP and think it is one of the best pieces of software on the net. I downloaded the new version and already installed it.

Wow, impressive. Autopatcher now runs from a UNC path! Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!

A few minor niggles:

I updated one machine today, and then followed up on Microsoft Update.

MS Update found KB923689, which doesn't seem to be included in Autopatcher.

Secondly, KB885626 is always selected for install, no matter how many times I install it.

A few improvements for autopatcher.exe:

1: If all the items in a subtree are coloured blue then colour the subtree line blue too. It kept listing .net framework in black, but when expanded, all the items had already been installed.

2: There's alot of blank space on screen when Autopatcher is installing stuff. It would be nice to see the full text description of each patch in that huge blank space under the progress bar when they are being installed.

Otherwise, great job all round.

Hello Thanks for the New Autopatcher.

But i have a problem:

Attempting to initialize common controls.

Accessing filesystem...

AutoPatcher 5.6 loaded the filesystem.

Detected Dutch (1043) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

System Components:

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16441

Windows Media Player: 11.0.5358.4827

.NET Framework: 1.1.4322|1.1SP1|2.0.50727.42|2.0SP0

Windows Installer: 3.1.4000.1823

DirectX: 4.09.00.0904

MSN/Live Messenger: 8.0.812.0

Office Components:

Microsoft Word: 11.0.8134.0

Microsoft Excel: 11.0.8134.0

Microsoft PowerPoint: 11.0.8135.0

Microsoft Outlook: 11.0.8118.0

Microsoft Access: 11.0.6566.0

Microsoft Project:

Microsoft Publisher: 11.0.8103.0

Microsoft OneNote:

Microsoft FrontPage:

Microsoft InfoPath:

Microsoft Visio:

Microsoft SharePoint Designer:

Microsoft Groove:

Module 'Windows Update v7' (unique id: 'WU7_X86') reports 'WINDOWS_COMPONENTS_PARENT_ENU' as its parent, but such module does not exist or is not loaded in the right order.

What can i do?

Allready downloaded autopachter a several times from different websites.......... and installed windows update v7

Thanks