AutoPatcher XP May 2007

Hello Blaze,

Thanks for the quick reaction.

Uninstalled autopatcher (no reboot) and installed again.

Same problem/message.

What can i try else?

prandal:

KB885626: AP english have this:

[installation]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-enu.exe" /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem

AP pt-br have this:

[installation]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-ptb.exe" /quiet /norestart /o

it does install in pt-br. you may turn your AP unofficial by doing that, but try edit KB885626_xp_enu.apm with notepad and replace /overwriteoem by /o only and try install it. if it works, please report. i've already notice that behavior some time ago and it solved

EDIT:

possible issue found. i'm currently choosing AP english also a translation pack and i've notice an issue with module flashplayer_IE_enu.apm

it says:

[installation]

"Module:\install_flash_player_active_x.msi" /S

but at module folder, it have install_flash_player_active_x.exe, so, i believe that it will not works. flashplayer_notIE_enu.apm has the same issue

Edited by supermouse

Hi! AutoPatcher has stopped with message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What AutoPatcher was trying to do

It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was trying to set folder variables through filesystem.

Where: mdlInitialization.Main()

Error Code: 0x174: Failed to load control 'RichTextBox' from RICHTX32.OCX. Your version of RICHTX32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Attempting to initialize common controls.

Accessing filesystem...

AutoPatcher 5.6 loaded the filesystem.

Detected English (1033) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

System Components:

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.3059

Windows Media Player: 11.0.5721.5145

.NET Framework: 1.1.4322|1.1SP1|2.0.50727.42|2.0SP0|3.0.04506.30|3.0SP0

Windows Installer: 3.1.4000.1823

DirectX: 4.09.00.0904

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous version was completely deleted.

What can I do?

I came across the AutoPatcher two weeks ago when I was looking for a solution for a PC I have in South Africa where my family lives where broadband is too expensive and even dial-up is charged as a local call which is cahrged by the minute. I was looking for a solution to update my PC when I visit them each summer without having to pay a fortune in Internet connection fees.

So 2 weeks ago, I found your GREAT product and tried it on an old PC I was rebuilding for my son. What a great idea. You guys have really done a great job. And I should know, I work in an IT department.

Well, I have just downloaded the new May edition and will be testing that on my old computer (I just reinstalled it from scratch to be able to test the new AutoPatcher).

I just have one question: What was the reason for the Core and Addon separation?

Keep up the great work guys.

As soon as I have tested the full install on my reinstalled (up to SP2) old PC, I will be glad to report my findings.

q: I just have one question: What was the reason for the Core and Addon separation?

a: spare bandwith. some people don't wish some things, so, they don't need download all stuff

Windows Defender now have localized versions. so, his folder need be adapted to each language that have one. a few things may change due localized versions too, like:

english:

[DetectionRegistry]

KeyValue=1.1.1593.0

localized pt-br

[DetectionRegistry]

KeyValue=1.1.1593.21

it have uninstall too (it appears be missing in english , but it's just a minor issue, like the other ones):

[Removal]

MsiExec.exe /qn /X{A06275F4-324B-4E85-95E6-87B2CD729401}

edit:

WindowsUpdate_x86_files folder have WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe too, that is no longer choosed to install

Edited by supermouse

i'we tried autopatcher many times but it never works :blink:

Is there any special version of xp you need ?

You need Windows XP with SP2 installed or included

Secondly, KB885626 is always selected for install, no matter how many times I try to install it.

I had a similar issue with KB887472, on my home PC too.

Manually downloading and installing both of them solved the problem.

I'm still no wiser as to why AutoPatcher couldn't install them.

Is there an AutoPatcher log file created by default, and if so, where is it hidden?

doesn't work for me. HELP!?

starting autopatcher:

Loading Progress

Loading modules... done

Verifying release integrity... done

Generating tree... you have downloaded the wrong release

I have XP pro with SP2 installed

doesn't work for me. HELP!?

starting autopatcher:

Loading Progress

Loading modules... done

Verifying release integrity... done

Generating tree... you have downloaded the wrong release

I have XP pro with SP2 installed

Do you have an English copy of Windows?

Oh, sh**...

This works only with eng win? I have Finnish version

Unfortunately, yes. You'll have to either wait and see if someone will do a translation or you can help out and do one yourself.

@prandal, KB887472 and KB885626 have the exact same issue. booth will works only if you manually edit that modules and replace that /overwriteoem by /o. someone at ms did some mess in this ones and it says that works with /overwriteoem but doesn't. you may see that running this ones by command line without that /quiet option

but don't worry. this thing happends and for for sure it will be fixed, also any other issue that may be found at any release ;)

[]s

Thanks to all who made this great program possible!

I started using it with the February release and it has made my life so much easier! I have a computer repair shop next to a major University and I am forever re-installing Windows XP on these kid's machines. Autopatcher has saved me a lot of time!

One question about the new May release: It seems that some updates or maybe they're add-ons that were included in Feb. release are not in May's, such as the extra Themes and Wallpapers (like Royal).

If these are available as an add-on, will you explain how to incorporate them into Autopatcher before I burn it to a CD for use in other systems?

Thanks much!

@stinkybum, no longer needed, we no longer remove backups

@Musky, there in the 'extras' addon pack now, just install over the top of the xp core release

Thanks for the reply!

Not meaning to sound too dense, by "over the top of the Core" do you mean replace the "add-on" folder in the "Modules" folder?

I don't have the new version installed yet, so I'm looking at the Feb. release in my program files. What you may be saying is that the new release doesn't have an "add-on" folder under Modules, and I need to download and install the add-on to the module folder, correct?

I'm sure I'm making this much harder then it needs to be :)

These three are not included:

Update for Windows XP (KB934238)

February 2007 CardSpace Update for Windows XP (KB925720)

Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789)

as WindowsXP-KB929338-x86

Regards,

After testing this latest AutoPatcher 5.6 (I downloaded all the addons and created a full Official Release - but did not load them at this stage to my PC), and after connecting the PC to the Internet and running Windows Update, I found the same 3 updates that "mocko" found, not included in the AutoPatcher.

Also, the following was update not included (I did use the Windows Genuine Advantage (KB892130) from AutoPatcher):

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)

On the AutoPatcher side, I have the following updates that are still showing up as part of the critical update, but they do not update:

On Critical Updates:

Critical Update for Windows XP (KB885626 v2)

Security Update for Windows Messenger (KB887472) - This could be because I chose to remove Windows Messenger and add Windows Live Messenger.

On Rrecommended Updates:

Update for DRM-enabled Media Players (KB891122) - I selected Windows Media Player 10 during the update process - I do not know if this may be the reason.

Update for Windows XP (KB889673)

Fix for WMF files (KB921108)

European Union Expansion Font Update

I hope that this information is usefull to the AutoPatcher Team.

I want to THANK YOU guys for a great job!!!!

If there is anything else I can do for you guys to assist you with any testing, just let me know.

>> Sorry if I missed it, but in the previous version of Autopatcher, there was an option to "Allow Windows to keep hotfix backups for uninstall". I usually uncheck this box.

> @stinkybum, no longer needed, we no longer remove backups

Okay, so if I don't want the backups, I just delete all the C:\Windows\$NtUninstall* directories? Thanks again.