AutoPatcher XP May 2007

Nevermind :)

It's been a while since I installed the Feb. version, and senility has set in since then :)

I got it all straightened out now. Thanks!

As I am testing this version of AutoPatcher, I found another issue:

Afther the installation of the updates, the "Malicious Software Removal Tool" installed the KB890830 self-extracting cabinet to the correct directory in the Programs Files folder. However, the shortcut was pointing to "KB890830-ENU.exe" instead of the "KB890830.exe".

I hope that these findings are usefull to the AutoPatcher team.

MAY SOMEONE SUGGEST ME ABOUT THIS AutoPatcher XP May 2007 BEFORE INSTALLING IT DO I HAVE TO UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VESIONS OF AUTOPATCHER OR IT WILL OVERWRITE ON ALL THE PRIVVIOUS PATCHES.

Please suggest me what I have to do. I have downloaded it and waiting for the reply.

thanks for an early replies

Edited by gandolas

Not meaning to sound too dense, by "over the top of the Core" do you mean replace the "add-on" folder in the "Modules" folder?

I don't have the new version installed yet, so I'm looking at the Feb. release in my program files. What you may be saying is that the new release doesn't have an "add-on" folder under Modules, and I need to download and install the add-on to the module folder, correct?

No, install it like you installed AP, just clicking "Next".

Okay, so if I don't want the backups, I just delete all the C:\Windows\$NtUninstall* directories? Thanks again.

There is a program which comes with AP called Hotfix Cleaner (another great tool by Raptor), used for deleting these backups.

MAY SOMEONE SUGGEST ME ABOUT THIS AutoPatcher XP May 2007 BEFORE INSTALLING IT DO I HAVE TO UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VESIONS OF AUTOPATCHER OR IT WILL OVERWRITE ON ALL THE PRIVVIOUS PATCHES.

Yes, or simply delete AP folder.

absolutely - you must delete/uninstall the autopatcher folder before installing the new core release. then run the add on packs you want/need, then run autopatcher to fully update your system.

WTF? DID YOU SEE ALL THOSE @!$% FREELOADERS??? 5240 COMPLETED THEIR DOWNLOADS BUT ONLY 357 ARE SEEDING? :angry: :angry:

Great job guys! Can't wait for the next release!

Here is a stupid question? :blink:

This new release (MAY) Core version is a full version isnt it( not an update)? i dont need a previous updates installed to run the May Version, do i?

Im re installing xp tonight and the last version of autopatcher that i had downloaded was November?

Im sorry if this has been answered earlier i skimmed though the posts.

prandal:

KB885626: AP english have this:

[installation]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-enu.exe" /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem

AP pt-br have this:

[installation]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-ptb.exe" /quiet /norestart /o

it does install in pt-br. you may turn your AP unofficial by doing that, but try edit KB885626_xp_enu.apm with notepad and replace /overwriteoem by /o only and try install it. if it works, please report. i've already notice that behavior some time ago and it solved

EDIT:

possible issue found. i'm currently choosing AP english also a translation pack and i've notice an issue with module flashplayer_IE_enu.apm

it says:

[installation]

"Module:\install_flash_player_active_x.msi" /S

but at module folder, it have install_flash_player_active_x.exe, so, i believe that it will not works. flashplayer_notIE_enu.apm has the same issue

I tried editing the files as well, and it didn't work either.

funny. i've just finished my first test of my translation with that split between core/extras, etc and it shows also installed. try check again if is like this (in english, of course. i did my test in pt-br only, since i haven't a english version of winxp to test):

KB887472:

[installation]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB887472-x86-enu.exe" /quiet /norestart /o

[Removal]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB887472-x86-enu.exe" /quiet /norestart /o /uninstall

KB885626:

[installation]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-enu.exe" /quiet /norestart /o

[Removal]

"Module:\WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-enu.exe" /quiet /norestart /o /uninstall

but of course, ms do some bad jokes sometimes. you may need run that updates without that /quiet to see what problem you have and you may need run it again, with a /? in order to see what options you have to fix that issue

by the way, i've notice this, in autopatcher.log:

Module 'Microsoft DirectX - April 2007' (unique id: 'DX_ENU') reports 'WINDOWS_COMPONENTS_PARENT_ENU' as its parent, but such module does not exist or is not loaded in the right order.

Module 'Windows Update v7' (unique id: 'WU7_X86') reports 'WINDOWS_COMPONENTS_PARENT_ENU' as its parent, but such module does not exist or is not loaded in the right order.

i've notice a few and already fixed bugs in my translated version about this things above too. i've already fixed all and i don't remember if i fixed something in this ones

i've notice this too:

KB900399: UniqueID=KB888656_XP_X86_ENU

in this case, seems that KB900399 and KB888656 will not load.

i've miss cmdhere_powertoy. it just is missing or removed?

i've notice that msie7 isn't anymore an critical update. but if that isn't anymore a critical update, a few ones must be added, in order to keep user secure:

KB890046

KB931768 - it seems installed, but it's showed at windows update anyway. perhaps i have an outdated version or i did something wrong. will check it tomorrow

KB925720

KB924496

i was forgotting: to those that miss sp3, full, AP have now about 483 MB uncompressed...

HI

I Downloaded "AutoPatcher XP May 2007" from this page :

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=564209

and from this mirror: "Mirror provided by Cachefly.com: May 2007 Core"

With this download link:

http://autopatcher.cachefly.net/AutoPatche...86_ENU_Core.exe

and I use Getright download manager and downloaded the complete file size(File Size: 304 MB (319,507,151 bytes)

Exactly.

BUT, the file name and extention is "noleech.cfm"

PLEASE !PLEASE ! PLEASE ! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME, what should i do with this file.

Thanks a lot

BEHROOZ

Sorry for my poor english.

Hi Guys,

KB885626 will only install on specific PC's with the following hardware:

This issue occurs on a limited number of systems that use a version of basic input/output system (BIOS) that does not have production support for Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Celeron D processors based on the Prescott C-0 stepping.

It would be fair to say that if you are running Windows XP SP2 successfully then you probably don't need this hotfix in the first place. In reality you should install this hotfix before you install SP2.

As for KB887472 it would seem that this only affects PC's with Messenger 5.0, 6.1, 6.2 or Windows Media Player 9 (but not the version shipped with XP SP2. The hotfix updates Windows Messenger 4.7 which again you may not have installed.

Perhaps the legend for this hotfixes should be changed to mark them as only installing in specific circumstances and the FAQ updates to show this.

Kind Regards

Simon

Edited by PsiMoon314

PsiMoon314, i was thinking that KB885626 just install in a Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Celeron D processors based on the Prescott C-0 stepping until i saw this:

KB885626.gif.xs.jpg

http://xs216.xs.to/xs216/07231/KB885626.gif

windows installed in that machine already has sp2, original from ms (yes, is that cd that looks like red, holographic, etc). there's another issue too: this is an AMD Athlon XP 2600+. but of course, this update isn't needed for a lot of people.

KB887472:

this only affects PC's with Messenger 5.0, 6.1, 6.2 or Windows Media Player 9 (but not the version shipped with XP SP2. The hotfix updates Windows Messenger 4.7 which again you may not have installed.

sorry, but if it updates Windows Messenger 4.7, everybody that has Windows XP have it, if you haven't updated to Windows Messenger 5.1 yet (by the way: AP has it). please take a look at your system and you may found it.

@behrooz, every single time that i saw a noleech message, it was because of a download manager trying download several pieces from same server, at same time. sometimes it may happends on resume too. options: don't choose a download manager or, in getright, goto tools, getright configuration, accelerate and uncheck "automatically do accelerated (segmented) downloading". but do that at your own risk. you may have this message too, on resume...

[]s

Here is a stupid question? :blink:

This new release (MAY) Core version is a full version isnt it( not an update)? i dont need a previous updates installed to run the May Version, do i?

Im re installing xp tonight and the last version of autopatcher that i had downloaded was November?

Im sorry if this has been answered earlier i skimmed though the posts.

Yes - its a full release as in its not an update... its a new spin on the system, so delete your november AP, and any others you have, and just use the new ones.

HI

I Downloaded "AutoPatcher XP May 2007" from this page :

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=564209

and from this mirror: "Mirror provided by Cachefly.com: May 2007 Core"

With this download link:

http://autopatcher.cachefly.net/AutoPatche...86_ENU_Core.exe

and I use Getright download manager and downloaded the complete file size(File Size: 304 MB (319,507,151 bytes)

Exactly.

BUT, the file name and extention is "noleech.cfm"

PLEASE !PLEASE ! PLEASE ! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME, what should i do with this file.

Thanks a lot

BEHROOZ

Sorry for my poor english.

Dont use getright. Many servers will not recognise the second connection (or more) to make it fairer for everyone downloading. You should be able to get max speed from many of the mirrors here (not that I have tested them all... but littlbuger's, softpedia (ro) are fast, and I know ppl that have gotten up around 600KBs from mine)

There is a program which comes with AP called Hotfix Cleaner (another great tool by Raptor), used for deleting these backups.

Thanks.

Seems more convenient to just not save the hotfix backups in the first place, so I hope they put that option back in :).

can i delete the old 'full version' and 'update version' for AP version 5.1

after getting this AP core may 2007 version 5.6?

i mean do i still need them?

Hi, gang. I don't seem to be getting anywhere in this thread so I thought I'd try here.

I am not able to install anything with the new Auto Patcher. As directed, I uninstalled the previous version, which worked fine, aside from not having any updates for three months.

When I fire up AP, it takes about 45 seconds to load, then default ticks the boxes for two critical updates - KB885626 v2 and KB887472. I have tried un-checking the boxes, I have tried installing only the core AP, installing the core and all the updates together - every possibility I can think of, yet it always defaults back to those two core updates being checked.

It doesn't matter if I leave only those two items checked or change to any other items I would like to try out, such as IE7, it will act like it's installing for about 10 seconds or so, then flash to the end with the Finish button and such.

One person in the other thread suggested that it may be a user name issue. I assure you it's not. I have tried logging in directly under the "Administrator" account itself and installing AP from there, then trying to run updates and still get the exact same issue.

Someone please help.

kitty (my real nickname - someone already has that as their UID)

One person in the other thread suggested that it may be a user name issue. I assure you it's not. I have tried logging in directly under the "Administrator" account itself and installing AP from there, then trying to run updates and still get the exact same issue.

Someone please help.

kitty (my real nickname - someone already has that as their UID)

Hi Kitty,

Just to fully confirm the username issue. Could you please go to Control Panel - Users and create a new user with Administrator rights. You could call it Cat (!)

Then LogOff and LogOn to the new user.

After everything settles to Desktop, please run the new AutoPatcher again. This will fully confirm that is nothing to do with any user accounts/settings/tweeks.

If it works, you can then go back to your old user account and rest assured that all May 5.6 AutoPatcher MS Security Updates have been applied (ie security updates affect all users when installed)

Please try that.

Regards Kim

@SevenYearBitch, i missed the bit about the 'two' updates, from an earlier post of yours i gained the impression that no updates were installing at all.

right, KB885626 currently has a bug which will be fixed in the next release, so that ones explained.

KB887472 could very well have the same bug, i'll look into that also.

as for IE7 if thats the last problem, well perhaps it's because of the wga (windows genuine advantage) check. try running the installer manually. many people seem to have issues with IE7. if it installs, run autopatcher a second time because then IE7 updates will be available.

Dudes, thanks for the help! Late last night I was able to install the two critical updates manually. I found one in another forum on here (the Greek guy listed everything separately in that one) and the other I got direct from Microsquish. That took care of the defaulting to the two critical updates.

What seems really weird to me is that there would only be two critical updates since my last Windows update through AP. I mean, wow, three months had gone by without any updates and only two critical ones? Did Micro$oft get their junk together so well that only two critical updates were needed? I'm baffled. Honestly.

At any rate, AP itself installs fine. I got the two critical updates done, and all the rest are "in blue" so to speak.

Now, about that WGA crap. On my AP, it shows WGA in blue, meaning it's installed, but it's not on my computer that I know of. When I re-installed XP last Fall, then did the AP thing, I left that POS off. I found a little util that's supposed to get rid of WGA, ran it and it says I don't have WGA. Yet the part in AP to install it is in blue, indicating that it is installed.

Last, about IE7, no worries there. I'm very likely going to go with Firefox. I've heard great things about it and I haven't used anything other than IE since the early days of Nutscrape, which was a total turd at the time. I did try a few times to install IE7 manually but I get that "gotta validate your Windows and intrude further into your life" thing. Screw that! That's why I started using AP in the first place. I got tired of having to give Microsoft everything but a blood and urine sample every time I had to update anything.

Maybe Windows is finally reaching that diminishing returns thing. Not like they ever put out an OS that didn't have to be patched over previous patches ad infinitum to begin with. I considered buying a Mac at one time, but damn those things are ugly and I like two mouse buttons and a scroll wheel, darnit.

Any other suggestions, other than to stop ranting, are more than welcome =)

Thanks again for the help, guys

kitty