Safari 3.0.1 Beta for Windows

Mine looks fine, but my main complaint is the scroll wheel on my mouse doesn't work with Safari. It scrolls up and down in all applications except Safari.

The scrollwheel works here. What doesn't work are back and forward buttons on my mouse though.

It said in the brief description you get in Apple Software Update, that actually it just fixes the security issues. Which is annoying; it looks terrible with classic on :(

The scrollwheel works here. What doesn't work are back and forward buttons on my mouse though.
well. in my case, the side buttons of my mx1000 don't work but that's about it. seems to be a bit better with maximizing but that could just be me. ;)

I installed it, but still have the same problem as last time, anyone know how to fix this:

Screenshot

That's funny, that's the only web page in which I can read everything lol.

I could be mistaken but this only seems to render things better, but some text is still not showing up. Neowin for example looks just fine, but without text in a lot of places.

It still crashes when I attempt to write something into a form field.

The scroll wheel does work, what doesn't is the middle click that lets you scroll by moving your mouse.

I guess they patched security things and that's all

Well I get about 43,000 with just neowin and google open in two tabs. So I bit of an improvement from 150k people were getting ;)

It's obvious Apple rushed this thing out for WWDC, just like iTunes 7 *shudders*

all i ask is they let the browser use cleartype!

I've read this fixes the blurry font issue :

"To fix the font issue, remove the crappy versions of Lucida Grande from your font folder. Then go into program files, find the safari folder, look for the 2 lucida grande fonts apple packaged safari with, install those, (restart to be safe) and the app should work fine now"

Also make sure you set the font smoothing to light in preferences.

all i ask is they let the browser use cleartype!

Safari's font renderer is imho better than ClearType. It does take a while to get used to it, sure. After a while it grows on you though.

Safari's font renderer is imho better than ClearType. It does take a while to get used to it, sure. After a while it grows on you though.

yeah right you need glasses buddy...

I like Safaris font's....its just the scrolling and the memory that stops me from using it full time...

I finally got this thing to install today. Tried yesterday on a (POS)Vista Ultimate machine. On a XP Pro box today.

This doesn't look or act to bad. Add a little variety I guess, to the browsers I use. Does seem to use a little memory, doesn't it?