Safari 3.0.1 Beta for Windows

Still crashes on me on startup and i don't know why.

Same problem with my XP installation only. All works fine on my Vista box. :unsure:

It runs fine on the XP machine in the office. Got some problems with javascript, cgi calls etc though from a development perspective :[

Hummm, strange...

Application exception occurred:

App: C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe (pid=1000)

When: 14/06/2007 @ 22:03:35.500

Exception number: 80000003 (hardcoded breakpoint)

*----> System Information <----*

Computer Name: ATHLON64

User Name: Darken

Terminal Session Id: 0

Number of Processors: 1

Processor Type: x86 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0

Windows Version: 5.1

Current Build: 2600

Service Pack: 2

*----> Stack Back Trace <----*

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe

WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.

*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.dll -

*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll -

ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child

ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child

111affb4 7c80b6a3 00000000 00000002 00000001 ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet

111affec 00000000 76b5aee7 00000000 00000000 kernel32!GetModuleFileNameA+0x1b4

Safari is the only software that doesn't work on my XP box. No problem with Safari on my Vista home premium box.

Well, I hope that th epeople who encounter problems with the fonts or whatever at least send bug reports in rather than just complain and not contribute :ninja:

Once the hungry RAM eating issue is fixed, I'll probably use it much more.

Where do I report bugs then lol

Where do I report bugs then lol

Help->Submit Bugs to Apple. Or you can customize the toolbar to add the little bug icon and save yourself one click.

Also, as for their version of sub-pixel rendering, I personally love it. It looks... I don't know, it's hard to explain, but it looks nicer and easier to read than ClearType to me. I wish I could get all my fonts in Windows to look like that. If you don't like it, it's not because people who do are stupid or blind, it's just an opinion. ;)

lets see when this is released as final whether it will crash after a windows update downloads some fixes to screw up safari. lol

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft IE devs to release a update that causes safari to run like crap. lol they will do anything to keep market share.

Didn't Microsoft do this to some Office competition a long time ago?

Safari 3.0.1 working good under Windows Vista Ultimate x64, still using Firefox as my main though for now.

Works wonderful under OS X for me, I was happy when Camino 1.5 came out recently (for those that don't know Camino is basically Firefox2 made to run better on OS X and use more OS X features). But Safari 3 is my main right now on OS X.

Didn't Microsoft do this to some Office competition a long time ago?

Safari 3.0.1 working good under Windows Vista Ultimate x64, still using Firefox as my main though for now.

Works wonderful under OS X for me, I was happy when Camino 1.5 came out recently (for those that don't know Camino is basically Firefox2 made to run better on OS X and use more OS X features). But Safari 3 is my main right now on OS X.

Not that I know of. I've used many Office competitors, AbiWord, OpenOffice, StarOffice, and have never encountered any issues. Not to mention there'd likely be a lawsuit if Microsoft was intentionally crippling competing products.

Of course, there are those who think Apple intentionally dragged their feet in bringing out Vista-compatible versions of iTunes.

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft IE devs to release a update that causes safari to run like crap. lol they will do anything to keep market share.
Not that I know of. I've used many Office competitors, AbiWord, OpenOffice, StarOffice, and have never encountered any issues. Not to mention there'd likely be a lawsuit if Microsoft was intentionally crippling competing products.

Of course, there are those who think Apple intentionally dragged their feet in bringing out Vista-compatible versions of iTunes.

Indeed. Plus Apple doesn't seem to need Microsoft's help making Safari 'run like crap'

Hello, I have the error code 2728 when installing this product. And it gives this problem whenever it tries to install the proxy exception list, so I cant install safari at all, what can I do?

What sites?

ign and gamefaqs where i first noticed it. But there seems to be caps on quite alot of sites. and it doesn't show like this in IE7 or Firefox. Here's an example:

untitled2ch8.th.png

• 1 month later...
Safari 3.0.3 (522.15.5) was just released via Apple Software Update!

I love Apple but they've honestly got their heads up their asses with Safari for Windows. Third update to it in almost 2 months, and the program still lacks basic Windows functionality like minimizing when you click its taskbar button and responding to the forward/back buttons on your mouse.

hideously bad. had two tabs open for about 30 seconds now, and I'm at 105Mb.

Same tabs in firefox, under 45Mb.

Well I installed it but probably won't use it...crappy I wish they would improve that, its just like Flock awful on memory usage.