Post your Workstations 2007

I got a new desk last week (free from work) and a new PC case as well as a new mouse today so I'm all excited with my setup right now :D

pc_case_top.jpg

pc_case_top_open.jpg

pan_room.jpg

Antec P182 FTW :p

What sort of settings rare you using on your camera to take these piccys fella?

They look sooooo good.

I use all manual settings on the camera with a canon 430ex flash also in manual mode - usually at 1/4 power and on non e-ttl mode.

Camera shoot parameters are commonly for indoor shooting whihc I set to 1/30sec to 1/200 (depends on if I want to show highlight objects like TFT etc or freeze indoor movement like kids running etc) and the fstop is almost always on f4 or 5.6 - only drop to 2.8 really if I am not using the flash though IS is very handy in this scenario!

ISO speed is normally at iso400 but I will use 800 and 1600 indoors too without much hassle - gets nice almost noise free images too :)

All manual settings rocks because you avoid relying on the camera to do the exposure guesswork and you don't have to constantly remember to take a spot meter reading of "x" area before taking each shot just incase the camera exposes for the wrong area of the scene if you normally focus then recompose the frame!

NightCrawler: I just tried but it appears to be a break-it method if you try to force the door off! you can however make open the door all the way round so it sides with the side panel as an alternative.

Edited by mrk

I use all manual settings on the camera with a canon 430ex flash also in manual mode - usually at 1/4 power and on non e-ttl mode.

Camera shoot parameters are commonly for indoor shooting whihc I set to 1/30sec to 1/200 (depends on if I want to show highlight objects like TFT etc or freeze indoor movement like kids running etc) and the fstop is almost always on f4 or 5.6 - only drop to 2.8 really if I am not using the flash though IS is very handy in this scenario!

ISO speed is normally at iso400 but I will use 800 and 1600 indoors too without much hassle - gets nice almost noise free images too :)

All manual settings rocks because you avoid relying on the camera to do the exposure guesswork and you don't have to constantly remember to take a spot meter reading of "x" area before taking each shot just incase the camera exposes for the wrong area of the scene if you normally focus then recompose the frame!

NightCrawler: I just tried but it appears to be a break-it method if you try to force the door off! you can however make open the door all the way round so it sides with the side panel as an alternative.

heh I figured you were using a flash. I need an external flash :(

Ahh...thanks....They do look soooo sharp

Ill have to try some of these settings...I can never get very good indoor shots...always grainy.

img0006bh0.jpg

Main computer "Creation". Like my mousepads? :p

By the way, these aren't my real speakers. They are with the LCD HDTV downstairs.

img0003zl0.jpg

My closet, which has the basket of what I call the "charge station". All my chargers goes in there :p On top is an Asus P5W64-WS Pro motherboard, with a Scythe Andy Samurai heatsink, and the modded Asus X1950 Pro. Just finished testing something on those (They aren't new stuff, just playing around) and removed it from my Danger Den Torture Rack. Yes, I actually use a power drill/screwdriver to build computers. :p

Also lays is a plethora of computer parts on the rack. That rack you see is "current" stuff, or overload, or a combo of both. The other stuff are in large Rubbermaid boxes behind.

img0007tu0.jpg

Currently my test station. These are actually my old AMD Athlon 64 parts, I am temporarily using the Danger Den Torture Rack for testing, and this system is powered by the amazing Tagan TurboJet 1100W power supply. On the side are two old DVD writers, and a retail pack of Tagan's new ITZ 700W PSU.

img0010sw0.jpg

When there's no DDR3 RAM, the P5K3-Deluxe could serve as a doorstop. At least it's useful :p

img0018ea5.jpg

My Dell Inspiron 6400 Core 2 Duo "Breakaway" laptop, kinda sits in the corner. Typically under my bed, but took it out for photographic purposes.

img0015qo6.jpg

My Acer Aspire laptop, which is "Faith". Hooked up to my plethora of color laser printers, laser printer, and some old HP All in One. The Konica Minolta 2400W is on the other side of the room, which not shown.

Certain personally identifiable info is censored ;)

img0017kr5.jpg

My Thermaltake Muse NAS RAID file server, and on the left is where all my central home cables lead to in the basement. Full speed Gigabit network, and cable (As in Cable TV kinda cable) controls are here as well. As you can see, only the top LEDs on my NAS RAID is lit because my 500GB Western Digital hard drive is not installed yet. I just ordered it today :)

img0015qo6.jpg

My Acer Aspire laptop, which is "Faith". Hooked up to my plethora of color laser printers, laser printer, and some old HP All in One. The Konica Minolta 2400W is on the other side of the room, which not shown.

Certain personally identifiable info is censored ;)

Wow!!! How many laser printers do you think you need anyway? :p I am a big fan of having multiple computers, but I don't see how you can possibly need that many printers.

As a side note, isnt it time that we started a new thread? On the description of this thread it says to September.

Back on topic. chconline i wish i had that p5k-3 deluxe board, but then again i dont have any DDR3 memory either, just to look cool.

Heads up for my pictures coming soon. I will receive my Graphics Card, Processor, and RAM on thursday to complete my fir st ever computer so i wont be embarrased to post my piece o' crap. Pics should be up on Thursday. Cant Wait!