HALO 1, 2 and 3 = POO

What more do you want, sheesh

I just wanted people to elaborate more. Its valid if you like it. Again, I am not condeming that. Thank God that we have diversity. But I do will insist for more deeper reasons when I think those could exist. I dont know, I am annoying as that. If you dislike me here you will want to kill me in person since I like to push things like these to the extreme. So I hope you or any other meet me in the streets. God knows half neowin want to have a "serious" talk with me :p

It's over now monkey :). No need

Hit reply too late :p

Agree with your last post. This topic comes up every month or so and it just gets tiresome repeating the same reasons why people like Halo and others don't. Hence my first reply being short :yes:

And of course for attacking personally a veteran like sanctified does not get warned nor his post removed.

Same damn double standards that have always existed in Neowin.

It should be if you ignore the mods that are anal retentive here. (No, not all of them are like that) And in fact there is certain freedom here, your freedom stops when you attack someone personally. Something that wasnt happening here until you show up, btw.I can go on. I mean, it seems you like it. Since this thread, from the beggining was not about saying nice things about Halo yet you keep coming back. So we can continue as long as you want baby.

I would say "as you please" however two things come to mind, the first being it would fall on deaf ears as I have come to associate your posts to being over-zealous, repetitive diatribes, whilst the second is this thread would be closed before you knew it. To translate I am taking the initiative and heeding caution. At the end of the day, my opinion differs to yours, with the only difference being i'm right! :rofl:

p.s. don't call me baby unless you mean it, I would eat you alive, sweetheart.

p.s. don't call me baby unless you mean it, I would eat you alive, sweetheart.

Right. Take a number.

My two cents: Personally, I've never found what the big deal about Halo is. I've always found it to be the first-person shooter for casual gamers, and there's nothing wrong with that. The game never appealed to me, but if someone likes it, they like it. There's nothing wrong with liking the game, and there's nothing wrong with disliking the game. Everyone's obviously going to feel one way or the other.

I found the gameplay in Halo's single player to be extremely boring and repetitive. The story is just another cliched, cheesy science fiction romp that every Halo fan will describe as "the best ever in a game," but to me, I never got that either. The single player did absolutely nothing to set it apart from any first-person shooter ever released on a console. And normally I'm not a big detractor of level design in first-person shooters because it never seemed like that big of a deal to me, but Halo's level design was absolutely horrendous. There was no atmosphere to the game, and there were few set pieces that set any level apart from another -- it was just one empty room after another. Maybe that's why the only levels I liked were the outdoor levels, because they seemed to actually do something different.

Multiplayer never appealed to me either, honestly. I can see why it's drawn such a large following given that it allowed people to hook their consoles together when few other games did (it was not the first, however, as many claim). The level design again, however, was what really killed it for me. It was just severely lacking in that category. I never found the multiplayer game to require much skill, however.

Maybe it's from being a PC gamer so long, but Halo just paled in comparison to most good (and even average, to be quite honest) first-person shooter games I've played. But I'm still looking forward to Halo 3 even though I hated the first two. Why? I don't know. Maybe the hype got to me.

Why? I don't know. Maybe the hype got to me.

Well, they know how to make the hype for sure. I would lie if I say that I dont want to, at least, see Halo 3 in action.

^ should have been there for the Neowin halo 3 beta matches then. I even got to play with sir Creamhackered and Paul from winsupersite.

The matches were great.

^ should have been there for the Neowin halo 3 beta matches then. I even got to play with sir Creamhackered and Paul from winsupersite.

The matches were great.

The Neowin matches on Halo 3 come September will be epic; I can't wait. I think it should be compulsory for all!

Why don't we just settle this on Halo 2 MP :shifty:

I got dibs on Meshuggah, he always hates when I kill him lol ;)

You can count me in on your side. :devil:

I don't know if any one's heard, but over-rating is over-rated!

:yes:

Amusingly enough, it's always "cool" to say that whatever is popular is overrated. :p

Sigh... or it may be due to the fact that some people consider the game to not be good.

Seriously... what is it with people around here always insinuating that if you don't like something that is popular that you're trying to be "cool"? Hey, did you all like Titanic? It did amazing at the box office, so if you don't like it you're just trying to be "cool."

:rolleyes:

Sigh... or it may be due to the fact that some people consider the game to not be good.

Seriously... what is it with people always insinuating that if you don't like something that is popular that you're trying to be "cool"? Hey, did you all like Titanic? It did amazing at the box office, so if you don't like it you're just trying to be "cool."

But being a rebel is cool!

Seriously... what is it with people always insinuating that if you don't like something that is popular that you're trying to be "cool"? Hey, did you all like Titanic? It did amazing at the box office, so if you don't like it you're just trying to be "cool."

Yea, I liked Titanic, I thought it was a pretty damn good movie.

Similarly related: Do you like pizza? :rolleyes:

Yea, I liked Titanic, I thought it was a pretty damn good movie.

Similarly related: Do you like pizza? :rolleyes:

Dear goodness, so you like everything that is deemed popular by other people?

I truly do feel empathy for you, magik.

I happen to agree with the OP.

I enjoy playing Halo's SP campaign, and I really enjoyed the Beta and am looking forward to playing some more matches with everyone here, but it is not an amazing game by any means to me. Not even close.

I also have no clue if the story is as good as everyone says it is as I never paid attention to it while playing to be quite honest, so I guess that speaks for itself and says I was not into the story at all and did not think it was that good now that I write it out.

I too feel it is way over-hyped. It was among the first really good FPS's on consoles, but that is not saying much considering there was and has been so, so, so many better FPS's on the PC.

You know what is scary? I have been agreeing with you this past month! :( :| :s

Haha, yea, because that's exactly what I said.

Don't show your ignorance. :D

I think it's really wierd that people call certain things overrated just because they don't like it, or whatnot. If some people like a game a lot and you don't, I don't think that makes a product overrated.

And for this thread, if you don't like it that much, don't play it? I don't understand the point of it.

I think it's really wierd that people call certain things overrated just because they don't like it, or whatnot. If some people like a game a lot and you don't, I don't think that makes a product overrated.

And for this thread, if you don't like it that much, don't play it? I don't understand the point of it.

The point is to get 9+ pages of even more POO!!

Ah the irony! :laugh: