HALO 1, 2 and 3 = POO

I happen to agree with the OP.

I enjoy playing Halo's SP campaign, and I really enjoyed the Beta and am looking forward to playing some more matches with everyone here, but it is not an amazing game by any means to me. Not even close.

I also have no clue if the story is as good as everyone says it is as I never paid attention to it while playing to be quite honest, so I guess that speaks for itself and says I was not into the story at all and did not think it was that good now that I write it out.

I too feel it is way over-hyped. It was among the first really good FPS's on consoles, but that is not saying much considering there was and has been so, so, so many better FPS's on the PC.

I think Halo is the only thing I don't agree with you on :p Everything else I pretty much agree with you or see your pov..

I think it's cause you come from a heavy pc gaming background you didn't have to suffer through the **** on consoles before Halo came along and the breathe of fresh air it gave :yes:

I think Halo is the only thing I don't agree with you on :p Everything else I pretty much agree with you or see your pov..

I think it's cause you come from a heavy pc gaming background you didn't have to suffer through the **** on consoles before Halo came along and the breathe of fresh air it gave :yes:

Yes, excellent point. (Y) :yes:

Haha, yea, because that's exactly what I said.

Don't show your ignorance. :D

No, but that was your implication with your smartass response.

I gave the rhetorical question of liking Titanic, and said if you didn't like it that you were trying to be "cool." I don't know how much more obvious it could have been that the question was rhetorical, given the sarcastic sentence following, which reads: "It did amazing at the box office, so if you don't like it you're just trying to be 'cool.'"

So don't speak to me of ignorance, buddy. You either (a) were ignorant of the obvious sarcasm, or (b) were giving a smartass response indicating what I stated with my previous post.

No, but that was your implication with your smartass response.

I gave the rhetorical question of liking Titanic, and said if you didn't like it that you were trying to be "cool." I don't know how much more obvious it could have been that the question was rhetorical, given the sarcastic sentence following, which reads: "It did amazing at the box office, so if you don't like it you're just trying to be 'cool.'"

So don't speak to me of ignorance, buddy. You either (a) were ignorant of the obvious sarcasm, or (b) were giving a smartass response indicating what I stated with my previous post.

Boy do I love getting to you. It just never gets old! :D

I think source for all of the hype goes all the way back to the original Halo. It came out at the perfect time. The game was insanely impressive compared to most other games at the time, in terms of controls and graphics. It was also one of the easiest LAN games to set up, so playing with friends couldn't have been better.

Without the original Halo, Halo 2 or 3 wouldn't be as popular as it is today.

EDIT Didn't notice it was 9 pages long. This thread is a joke, lol.

Boy do I love getting to you. It just never gets old! :D

It's funny how many times you say something like that in an effort to get out of your own mistakes, magik. Man up, buddy. ;)

I just think the game gets WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much credit for what it is... it's like the 1 game 90% of my high school friends play, I've tried it it's incredibly boring considering the alternatives.. even wile playing with friends... i'll sick to cs.

Halo is OK. Its a decent console game and seems to have defined FPS's on that platform. That said in the grand scheme of things its nothing that hasn't been seen before, especially on the PC. The Half Life series is much more interesting if you ask me.

It really should be stickied though :p Someone else is going to come along in the next month and make the same stupid complaints

So true, and on that note.

Thread closed; too many future versions already!

I liked Halo 2 more than Halo 1. I will not even response to the first post seeing as he's completely out of it.

To whoever said Halo was overrated, I highly doubt a game can be overrated when the games sells are at a projected 4 million games on pre-orders.

Link to the source of 4 million games preordered.

Edited by UND3RxOATH

Nah I know, me and you definitely do agree on pretty much everything without a doubt, and I knew I would raise an eyebrow or two with my response. Do not get me wrong, I did and am going to have a hell of a time playing with everyone here, but you hit the nail on the head. It definitely has to do with me playing the PC heavily before I got back into consoles, no doubt about it. I was spoiled. :laugh:

personally i think halo will be nothing compared to UT3 and people will realise that when they play both, i dont even know if i will be getting halo 3 anymore as i will be getting UT3 that month - if it stays at coming out in sept- asnd wont have time for halo, and as my m8 will be getting it, i will know wat the story line is

Guys, I loved the xbox, I love my 360. I am up Microsofts ass right now. So I speak from a bias that could only benefit halo. However, not even my extreme fanboyism can save Halo from me calling it Poo.

And you want us or expect us to care? No really do you?

I thought Halo 1 was decent to about half way through, I did however persevere and complete it. Halo 2 was however total Poo. And Halo 3 looks like the same formulae repeating itself.

So here you state no reason for why Halo 2 is "poo" and you judge a game not yet released because it "seems" to be repeating an old formula? And you still expect us to care?

I just really dont get it. Sorry but I dont.

Ohh damn right buddy you don't but does that mean it sucks? hmm?

A guy in a shiny robotic like suit, who must save the world from destruction by aliens in shiny robotic like suits.

Ohh wow umm well done you have really understood the story in true depth well done your ignorance outweighs your logic in incredible amounts.

Ignoring the fact that this thing is way too overdone already. The Halo games always feel like they are made for 10 year olds. I'm a massive fan of sci-fi... I watched Alien on the TV with my dad when I was about 6 and got hooked, I loved Predator and them mad films like Event Horizon etc...

What I do absoloutely deteste is bent **** like Star Trek and anything thats ever been on Sky. And if Halo were a TV show, it would most definitley fall into this category.

Here you are telling us what films/tv shows you favor and what seems to amaze me is you fail to realize that there are 6 billion+ people on this beloved planet and not one of em is exactly like you we are varied we like different things. Any of this making sense?

Its just pathetic, when you look at the game in depth. It doesn't have any outstanding features. The story and the voice acting is terrible, not even the linear gameplay can help redeem itself even slightly. The start of Halo 2 is almost identical to the start of the original Half Life. (A game which I love.)

On the contrary i believe the story is amazing voice acting is far above average compared to other games it has some lip-syncing issues but since when was Bungie meant to make everything perfect? And about the beggings being "almost identical" i can't comment as i have not played Half Life and because me commenting on something i don't know or get would be ignorant. You should try that not comment on things you don't know or get.

Furthermore, every spenghead worldwide is a certified Halo fan with badge and all. Or should I say, every Halo fan worldwide is a certified spenghead with badge and all. Ummm... same thing.

I don't know what a "spenghead" is but im sure ^ this statement proves your their King...

I played through The Darkness the other day... (Best shooter since GOW) and thought it was absoloutely amazing, from start to finish, almost as good as Gears infact. And yet I've seen this game get as low as 7/10 from the same sites that gave Halo 2 10/10 GOTY and all that ****.

And to think there are those who didn't like it despicable!!! /Sarcasm

What the **** is wrong with people. Microsoft has everybody in their pockets and the gamers are just falling for/fuelling the hype. I mean, look at a Halo 2 screenshot, then look at a Halo 3 screenshot... they are almost identical. The only thing that will be different is there will be a shitload more of linear levels and crappy voice actors for you to waste ?40 on. As for multiplayer it is merely doing what Half-Life did how many years ago on the PC.

Good lord there is so much wrong with this statement its unbelievable but thats my opinion its not fact you should try distinguishing between the two... oh and I will further explain why I believe this statement is wrong if you wish me to do so.>

Start getting yourself some decent games, I wouldn't even let a child go through the pain of playing Halo, I would much rather him play Grand Theft Auto and learn how to Rob/Extort, at least they are skills that will come in handy during later life.

Rob and Extort? please for the benefit of your community and the whole of humanity don't have kids:||>

PLEASE. There are much better things in the pipeline, Bioshock comes to mind.

Ahh BioShock great game shame there was that law that prevents me from buying both Halo 3 and BioShock... /Sarcasm>

Wake up people. BUN HALO 3. Buy it, and burn it.

No.. I will not wanna fight about it?:huh::>