Microsoft to Spend $1 Billion to Fix Defective Xbox 360s

Nice! I was honestly going to ring them up soon and extend my warranty, but now I don't have to! At least MS are helping us out here, they should have made the 360 more reliable, but this is honestly the last thing I expected them to do.

btw, I have a question, how do MS know when you got your 360, so as to determine how long you have left on your warranty?

Nice! I was honestly going to ring them up soon and extend my warranty, but now I don't have to! At least MS are helping us out here, they should have made the 360 more reliable, but this is honestly the last thing I expected them to do.

btw, I have a question, how do MS know when you got your 360, so as to determine how long you have left on your warranty?

Serial numbers I pressume

this is awsome, this is how a company keeps its consumers happy and will def get me to buy the next gen xbox 720 knowing they stand behind there product

MS FTW

Yes, but the warranty begins when you buy the console, but how does MS know when you bought it?

Bill of sale

they stand behind there product

MS FTW

that, and i'm sure they wanted to avoid a lawsuit if they didn't do anything about it :laugh:

Fecking awesome. This will make my Premium even more valuable when I sell it soon. It still has 2+ years left, rather than 3 months.

Not to mention this is great for owners anyway. I'm just happy I'll get a bit more money :p

Nooo wayyy!! I feel like mine is on the brink of destruction and I was so sad about it. Well done, MS, they're standing behind their product really well. This should also really help sales as well.

Good news for 360 owners, but the fact that they had to do it at all says something quite profound lol

And there you are with yet another "witty" comment about the 360 :rolleyes:

Good news for 360 owners, but the fact that they had to do it at all says something quite profound lol

Maybe Sony should follow suit and take some action to try and gain sales on that George Foreman they are selling at an ass-raping price! :pinch:

Nooo, it's not better than just not talking about it. Obviously if they said nothing then the problem wouldn't exist, would it? This is almost all good news. It gives them publicity right before E3 as well.

This is truly good news for us XBOX360 owners, kudos to Microsoft. :laugh:

*No more bashing of Microsoft I hope, since they are taking steps to help customer like us!

Awesome!! I am guessing Microsoft have properly fixed the hardware now. Though with my luck my 360 will go one day after the 1year warranty and it won't be a 3 red lights problem... :pinch:

Is this where I proceed to mock all those who said there was no problem and it was just cos of the internet and people reporting their problem on multiple sites? :p Good stuff, I love the 360.. but I hate the hardware problems :(

I don't have a problem with a red ring of death, but I do have a problem with my drive sounding like its taking chunks out of it (already has for Gears and CoD3 :()