[Shell Patcher] Super Turbo Tango Patcher 6000

any newz?
Not really... I haven't really had time to work on it since the Fourth of July holiday, benpbrown.com is going down, and I don't really want to throw a half-assed pre-alpha up on DA, so it's going back into hiding for a while. I found out what I needed to know from the simple little preview version - that I'm going to need to do a lot more work to get everything right for everyone, and ATM I don't really have time to do much more with it. nVidia drivers still run my GPU fan at 100%, so I still can't use Vista as my primary OS, anyways.

nVidia drivers still run my GPU fan at 100%, so I still can't use Vista as my primary OS, anyways.

Slightly off topic, but if you install nVidia's nTune app on vista, you can control the fan speed. BTW, if you need hosting, I might beable to provide something ;)

Slightly off topic, but if you install nVidia's nTune app on vista, you can control the fan speed. BTW, if you need hosting, I might beable to provide something ;)

Yeah the vista's nvidia drivers no longer have temp sensing, Overclocking ect.. you have to download nTune, that might work to control your fan speeds.

Yeah the vista's nvidia drivers no longer have temp sensing, Overclocking ect.. you have to download nTune, that might work to control your fan speeds.
Success! The last version of nTune I tried didn't have that option exposed/visible for me, but the version that I downloaded yesterday along with the new dets did :D

Now time will tell if it keeps it from melting down, or just statically sets my fan to a percentage and leaves it there...

I believe the link is down at the moment.

Scirwode

Seriously, I'm DYING to download this. I've been using the XP Tango Patcher for a while now, and I'm literally not going to upgrade to Vista until I get the Vista-compatible one. Haha.

Does anybody have the file they can upload and link until vertigosity returns?

Seriously, I'm DYING to download this. I've been using the XP Tango Patcher for a while now, and I'm literally not going to upgrade to Vista until I get the Vista-compatible one. Haha.

Does anybody have the file they can upload and link until vertigosity returns?

I second that.

Scirwode

the sooner the better...i love the way tango looks on linux. I would use it but my X-fi isn't supported (thanks Creative) so I'm stuck with Windows.

Is it supported on Vista anyways :p?

Should you be asking that question :whistle: ?

Scirwode

Should you be asking that question :whistle: ?

Scirwode

Why not? I've heard same bad things about Creative's Vista drivers lately; apparently, they're lazier about proper Vista support than... well, me.

Why not? I've heard same bad things about Creative's Vista drivers lately; apparently, they're lazier about proper Vista support than... well, me.

:laugh:

Scirwode

haha the x-fi is a little shaky on vista too...especially the crackling/hissing/angry sounds when i have cool & quiet enabled (due to a long known nForce4 conflict that creative wont fix) but at least its better than onboard.

i'll let you know if the shell patcher solves any problems lol