[Shell Patcher] Super Turbo Tango Patcher 6000

It will work with Windows XP X64 too?

erm have you not read the main post... it clearly states that it will currently not work with vista x64 and to stop asking about it. when a solution is found, i'm sure vertigosity will update us with whats going on.

Is the last version of the patcher compatible with Vista SP1? Do we need to uninstall the previous build before putting the new one?

Cheers!

Yeah, there's nothing different about SP1 from SP0 as far as this is concerned. You'll need to restore system files before installing the new build, but you don't need to uninstall.

Yeah, there's nothing different about SP1 from SP0 as far as this is concerned. You'll need to restore system files before installing the new build, but you don't need to uninstall.

I am mentioning it because I am with SP 1 and it seems that the patcher did not changed some things (or it did its job 50-50) for example - only the folders that are newly created or sub folders are "brown" (Like the tango theme) the rest are still yellow, the same is with the icons of the hard drives in my computer (only drive c: is with the new icon) the rest are the default vista icons. The same is with the control panel(but I know that they are not yet completed). Maybe something to do with SP1? Other than that works like a charm!

I am mentioning it because I am with SP 1 and it seems that the patcher did not changed some things (or it did its job 50-50) for example - only the folders that are newly created or sub folders are "brown" (Like the tango theme) the rest are still yellow, the same is with the icons of the hard drives in my computer (only drive c: is with the new icon) the rest are the default vista icons. The same is with the control panel(but I know that they are not yet completed). Maybe something to do with SP1? Other than that works like a charm!
Sounds like it didn't clear the icon/thumbnail cache... That's probably not SP1, it's more likely I need to add a different path(s) to search in for thumbnail files. Of course, I have no idea what those would be...

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a random update/FYI/heads up to anyone interested, I'm now legitimately licensed for 64-bit Ultimate (I've had enough re-arming, and 2GB isn't enough for Vista pretties + gaming, so I got 4GB).

Oddly enough, five minutes after I posted my order, I checked my DA account, and saw this comment: http://comments.deviantart.com/1/78022625/705722394

******, I just bought Vista X64 and now the Tango Patcher doesn't work. Make it work Vertigosity, wtf are you waiting for?!

(No, really, I did, and it doesn't, and I can't :p)

******, I just bought Vista X64 and now the Tango Patcher doesn't work. Make it work Vertigosity, wtf are you waiting for?!

(No, really, I did, and it doesn't, and I can't :p)

rofl :)

Welcome to to the x64 clan :)

• 4 weeks later...

when trying this on vista ultimate 32 sp1 I get:

File not successfully reshacked: c:\Windows\explorer.exe

What Gives? I know my files are patched because i've downloaded and changed skins multiple times. I also ran it as administrator... Thoughts?

when trying this on vista ultimate 32 sp1 I get:

File not successfully reshacked: c:\Windows\explorer.exe

What Gives? I know my files are patched because i've downloaded and changed skins multiple times. I also ran it as administrator... Thoughts?

I'm guessing reshack itself is failing - while you've got that message open, look for an explorer.exe.log or reshack.log file in the patcher's directory.

Is restorator scriptable?

Scriptability is one of its key features... but at $90, it's definitely commercial. I don't really want to have non-free dependencies... but its feature set looks seriously appropriate. But at least, if I bought a copy I could redist enough bits of it necessary to mod other people's systems, rather than tell everyone to buy something... I've been pretty busy lately, so I'll leave testing it on a 64-bit machine to someone else; their specifications page says it should work, though.

Edited by vertigosity

I'm guessing reshack itself is failing - while you've got that message open, look for an explorer.exe.log or reshack.log file in the patcher's directory.

[21 May 2008, 22:38:35]

[FileNames]

Exe=Backup\explorer.exe

SaveAs=NewFiles\explorer.exe

Log=Logs\explorer.exe.log

[Commands]

-modify "Resources\apps\preferences-system-windows.ico", ICONGROUP, 258,

Commands completed

The window that pops up indeed says "reshack was unable to".

What gives?

Edit: Wild guess. maybe giving reshack "run as admin" will work.. testing..-

Edit2: Nope didn't work still getting:

##########################################

Vize Error Log: 5/21/2008 10:56:10 PM

File not successfully reshacked: D:\Windows\explorer.exe

Edited by maudit

Scriptability is one of its key features... but at $90, it's definitely commercial. I don't really want to have non-free dependencies... but its feature set looks seriously appropriate. But at least, if I bought a copy I could redist enough bits of it necessary to mod other people's systems, rather than tell everyone to buy something... I've been pretty busy lately, so I'll leave testing it on a 64-bit machine to someone else; their specifications page says it should work, though.

What do you need tested? I run restorator 2007 on my vista x64 machine.

Edit: Wild guess. maybe giving reshack "run as admin" will work.. testing..-

Yeah, Vize doesn't do anything at all to account for non-C:\windows paths. Open filelist.xml and search-and-replace the hardcoded paths.

Just for trivia, reshack gets launched with admin priveleges.

What do you need tested? I run restorator 2007 on my vista x64 machine.
Nothing specific, really... just knowing that it will generate usable modified binaries is enough, really. I'd have to shell out 90 USD (assuming the dollar hasn't devalued versus the Euro since that page was written) for a license to do much more... Edited by vertigosity

Yeah, Vize doesn't do anything at all to account for non-C:\windows paths. Open filelist.xml and search-and-replace the hardcoded paths.

Just for trivia, reshack gets launched with admin priveleges.Nothing specific, really... just knowing that it will generate usable modified binaries is enough, really. I'd have to shell out 90 USD (assuming the dollar hasn't devalued versus the Euro since that page was written) for a license to do much more...

my file list looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<files>

<file path="D:\Windows\explorer.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">explorer.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\basebrd.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">basebrd.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">imageres.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\batmeter.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">batmeter.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\networkexplorer.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">networkexplorer.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\SndVolSSO.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">SndVolSSO.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\pnidui.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">pnidui.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\authui.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">authui.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\winsrv.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">winsrv.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\wucltux.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">wucltux.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\wuapi.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">wuapi.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\usercpl.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">usercpl.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\accessibilitycpl.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">accessibilitycpl.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\themecpl.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">themecpl.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\utilman.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">utilman.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">taskmgr.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">cmd.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\wercon.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">wercon.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\calc.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">calc.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\main.cpl" type="cpl" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">main.cpl</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\joy.cpl" type="cpl" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">joy.cpl</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\intl.cpl" type="cpl" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">intl.cpl</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\timedate.cpl" type="cpl" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">timedate.cpl</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">wmplayer.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">iexplore.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Windows Mail\wab.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">wab.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\Branding\ShellBrd\shellbrd.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">shellbrd.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\wmploc.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">wmploc.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\audiodev.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">audiodev.dll</file>

<!--file path="C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">user32.dll</file-->

<!-- user32.dll is off limits - mod it and your Vista install goes into licensing panic mode -->

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\cabview.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">cabview.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\msi.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">msi.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\desk.cpl" type="cpl" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">desk.cpl</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">mstsc.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\mstscax.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">mstscax.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\charmap.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">charmap.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\mspaint.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">mspaint.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">cleanmgr.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\hhctrl.ocx" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">hhctrl.ocx</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\hh.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">hh.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Windows\System32\zipfldr.dll" type="dll" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">zipfldr.dll</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\chess\chess.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">chess.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FreeCell\FreeCell.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">FreeCell.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Mahjong\Mahjong.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">Mahjong.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Minesweeper\Minesweeper.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">Minesweeper.exe</file>

<file path="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Solitaire\Solitaire.exe" type="exe" filesize="" patched="no" shipswithwindows="yes">Solitaire.exe</file>

</files>

And still nothing same error

Vize Error Log: 5/22/2008 11:33:08 PM

Vertigosity, can't you make a little simple guide, that tells which files to mod and which icons go where and stuff if you get what i mean.

Im willing to mod the system files manually, to obtain tango icons lol. Seriusly.... I've done lots of modding, so i dont need no patcher :p