[Shell Patcher] Super Turbo Tango Patcher 6000

• 3 weeks later...
yea i know he didnt add one, i just pulled the theme out and didnt use the rest of the stuff in it

hey where did you get the icons from that screen shot...they look tight as hell.

Does the release of Vize mean a new STTP 6000? :p
Probably not - as per his post earlier in this thread, he's not planning on publicly sharing its code ATM, and we haven't done any sort of negotiations for private sharing. Patcher code isn't really the issue ATM though (seriously, one good night with a text editor is all I need - but I don't have the energy), it's having time to actually do icon assignments. Additionally, a pretty good bit of Vista's resources are stored in new places, and only using Vista on a regular basis (and as a primary OS, not just poking at it in a VM) is going to help me get a feel for where everything is, what's exposed, and where, and I'm not going to be able to run Vista until I have a new machine. Edited by vertigosity

Only works in englisch Versions of Vista?
Yep. If you were feeling ambitious, you could manually search-and-replace the paths, but as far as I'm concerned, that counts as "doesn't work."

This project is effectively dead:

I don't have a legal copy of Windows Vista

I don't have a machine capable of comfortably running Windows Vista

I have a full time job that doesn't leave me in a mood for programming when I get home.

*Cries

What, me not having enough time in the day, or Viper crying :p?

[coca cola zero guy] both [/coca cola zero guy]

edit: and oh hey, if you want i can give u a vista legit key

edit: and oh hey, if you want i can give u a vista legit key
It's not much a problem in getting a license, or spoofing one, but having a machine that can run it well.
And I can share Vize code if you go the C# way :)
Awesome :D - I've been loving Python, but I seriously doubt I'll have as polished of a GUI anytime soon. I'll have to think about it (what's to think about?!)...

It takes you back to what was on the system last time the script ran. Yeah, it's that primitive. Yeah, that's in the post of introductory notes.

• 2 months later...

just wanted to say i love all your work on both XP and vista....really appreciate your contributions over the years toward the community :)

and its really sad that the tango project will never really reach completion on vista....anyways well done to the major effort so far :D

hey vert just wanted to tip my hat to you (well i would if i was wearing one) and say a big thanks for the tango patchers you released for xp which were amazing. ive been running vista for about 2 weeks and really dont like the vista icons much.

i hope you find the motivation to carry on with the tango patcher for vista.

Wow. That's some timing. I actually just bought myself a Q6600 + 8800GT machine... so I at least have the power and compatibility to let me try Vista for a few rearms. I'm playing with the SP1 RC, and this time around, I haven't REALLY found anything yet that makes me go "GRR! ARGH!" - I'm even managing to find a few things I really quite like. I don't mind Vista's icon theme as much as XPs, but I am definitely missing my Gnome-icon-theme setup :laugh:

I've got at least a week off for Christmas. So... don't mark calendars, but I'm back on the case.

Wow. That's some timing. I actually just bought myself a Q6600 + 8800GT machine... so I at least have the power and compatibility to let me try Vista for a few rearms. I'm playing with the SP1 RC, and this time around, I haven't REALLY found anything yet that makes me go "GRR! ARGH!" - I'm even managing to find a few things I really quite like. I don't mind Vista's icon theme as much as XPs, but I am definitely missing my Gnome-icon-theme setup :laugh:

I've got at least a week off for Christmas. So... don't mark calendars, but I'm back on the case.

He lives! Bring out the drums and chicken wings!

:p

Scirwode