Apple Event August 7th, 2007

It is official. 10:00AM PDT at Cupertino.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/07...xt_tuesday.html

Apple chief executive Steve Jobs is widely expected to use the gather to take the wraps off a new generation of 20- and 24-inch iMacs, which were first detailed back in March. It's also more than likely that he'll provide demonstrations of the company's long-awaited iLife '08 and iWork '08 software suites.

Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/07/live-fr...ess-conference/

MacRumors: http://www.macrumors.com/2007/08/06/live-c...le-media-event/

Gizmodo: http://live.gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/appl...ive-5001042.php

Edited by sundayx

I dunno about iLife and iWork, but the iMacs is the only thing for sure, imo at least. I would like an announcement of new iPods, even if they don't ship right away.

I speculate a presentation regarding an iPhone software update, brief quarter results recap, definately the new iMacs (Product cycle way overdue), and possibly iLife 08 (Usually the two go hand in hand), and perhaps a word regarding the future of the Mac mini?

Other rumors circling around see new Blackberry-esque iPod revisions, both the big brother and the nano, perhaps new Cinema displays, but I doubt these would make it in the presentation.

Am I the only one thinking this may end up like the "One More Thing..." keynote from October '05, where we were expected just one more thing, but in effect, became a rather major keynote? Between Macworld '07 and WWDC '07, I have to admit, I've been pretty disappointed with Apple's keynotes as of late. Especially WWDC; we were promised to see 10 new features of Leopard, when in effect, only the new Desktop and Finder were truly new. Hopefully the August 7 keynote will make up for both of them, being consumer-oriented, and thus, advertise the products we really want to see... "The New iMac," "The New iPod" and maybe even "The New iPod nano."

the invitation said it was a mac-only event. so forget iPods, i think

Unless the new iPod uses Mac OS X for its internal OS. :rofl:

Comeon Mac Pro update! I doubt it because there have been 0 rumors what so ever but if it came with like 2gb of ram standard and some better video card options I'd probably be ready to order one :p

Ohhh nice, so the guy about a new iMac August 7 at MacRumors was right!

I also wonder what will happen with iLife, iWork, iPods, iPhone updates (software-related, of course)...

Unless the new iPod uses Mac OS X for its internal OS. :rofl:

not even the iPhone does that, mate :p

(clarifying: iPhone uses OS X... NOT Mac OS X - there IS a difference ;))

Comeon Mac Pro update! I doubt it because there have been 0 rumors what so ever but if it came with like 2gb of ram standard and some better video card options I'd probably be ready to order one :p

Considering the MacBook Pro comes with 2 GB of RAM standard now, I think it's likely the Mac Pro would see that, as well, especially to justify the hefty price tag.

before 1 week ago i was going to buy a 24" imac as soon as they revised them.....now i'm actually starting to think i should just build a pc with a 24" display...... i know it's not the same thing but i'm not so sure anymore, i would still have my macbook pro for osx

before 1 week ago i was going to buy a 24" imac as soon as they revised them.....now i'm actually starting to think i should just build a pc with a 24" display...... i know it's not the same thing but i'm not so sure anymore, i would still have my macbook pro for osx

Why not wait to see what the prices will be? I say go for the iMac if they offer the 24' for less than what it sells for now.

I call Multi-Touch 100" Octo Core iMac that will fit in your pocket! Steve Jobs will also use Time Machine to travel into the future to retrieve iLife 99 on stage!!!

I'd love to see new Cinema's and new Mac Pro enclosures, but I'm not to sure about that. I also doubt anything iPod will be announced, it would be nice though.

i hope they get the brushed metal overhaul...i was never really a fan of the white imacs of today...but brushed metal could be fantastic

If the new keyboard is released i will be buying it, same with the iPod. Sadly i go on Holiday the day after, so i wont be home to try my new stuff :(

If the new keyboard is released i will be buying it, same with the iPod. Sadly i go on Holiday the day after, so i wont be home to try my new stuff :(

Me too. I absolutely love my 20" Core 2 Duo iMac, but I want one of those new keyboards if it get released.

Maybe you guys should wait until you've tested it out since well a keyboard is a tactile object that all fingers won't agree on

If we were to believe the leaked images of the supposed new keyboard, it has the same keys as the MacBook. Personally, I've used a MacBook keyboard for a little while at a Apple Store and loved it.

I used a iBook G4 before getting my iMac, and could never get used to the bigger, thicker keys...

Hopefully its a new iMac :)

I'm looking to get one over the coming months, so a new model/generation would be great!

It is, trust me on this one.

I've read a topic which cites numerous facts concerning the imac and it leads to an August 7 date.

Also, some people who ordered new iMac recently won't have it shipped until August 7.