[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I kind of disliked Ponds as companions in the beginning, but grew to like them. Really sad to see them go :( One of the few shows to actually make me shed a tear :)

Get rid of Moffat already he is completely ruining Dr Who.

I feel the same, the show has definitely lost its shine for me. I keep watching, hoping, that it will come good again but I just can't see it happening. At the start I disliked Smith as the Doctor but I feel he's grown into the role. The stories however have a lot to be desired IMO, it doesn't feel like Doctor Who at all to me, just a show with Doctor Who in it if that makes sense,

But for the episode, I quite enjoyed it until the end with what happened to the Ponds, will be interesting to see where they take it now with the new companion

I feel the same, the show has definitely lost its shine for me. I keep watching, hoping, that it will come good again but I just can't see it happening. At the start I disliked Smith as the Doctor but I feel he's grown into the role. The stories however have a lot to be desired IMO, it doesn't feel like Doctor Who at all to me, just a show with Doctor Who in it if that makes sense,

But for the episode, I quite enjoyed it until the end with what happened to the Ponds, will be interesting to see where they take it now with the new companion

I want the 11th doctor to degenerate back to the 10th doctor, and make Donna his companion again. :(

Made me sad :( will miss them. I hope that they come back for one more adventure in future (though unlikely, it has happened in the past).

Made me sad :( will miss them. I hope that they come back for one more adventure in future (though unlikely, it has happened in the past).

Karen hinted she wants to be part of the 50th anniversary so I hope she does but he said "he could never see them again" but anything can happen! :p

I just can't believe that Rory is dead.... again.

They had set up in a previous episode that they were considering not traveling with the doctor again. It just seemed unnecessary to kill them off.

They died of old age...

Great episode. Didn't exactly die, just transported back in time and died of old age. So we may see them again...

Well, if you think about it-- They kind of left it open... after all tell the little girl who waited on the raggedy man the story... That does leave the possibility of avoiding the whole thing. But then again - he said they are becoming a fixed point in time.. makes one wonder...

Is just traveling with the doctor a fixed point and the rest can be changed???

Like I said -- previously-- about the lady in red... he could always grab her before she was changed and then make sure she is put back before that point in time just a lifetime later..

Like I said -- previously-- about the lady in red... he could always grab her before she was changed and then make sure she is put back before that point in time just a lifetime later..

That is what I assumed they were going to do. Just pick her up before she went on the trip. However, if that was the case she would have recognized him unless he did another mind wipe.

That is what I assumed they were going to do. Just pick her up before she went on the trip. However, if that was the case she would have recognized him unless he did another mind wipe.

No --actually the daleks would have done a good job of that where she only concentrated on her being human..... plus the doctor did say that he was going to save her-- or she may have been on a planet the doctor had yet to visit in her timeline.

Though even Doctors were on previous episodes as other people too....So she may be playing a different character.

tumblr_lscue54bTx1qbtlzco5_250.png\\

But then again it is quite possible she didn't recognize him because that had yet to happen.

Doctor Who Series 7 Part 1 sees a DVD release in the UK on October 29, 2012 - click on the cover artwork (left) for a bigger version. Priced ?20.42, the two~disc set includes the five episodes along with the following Extras:

Pond Life (5 x 2 min eps)

Asylum of the Daleks Prequel (3 mins)

The Making of the Gunslinger (90 seconds)

You can check out the R1 DVD/Bluray art & details HERE. There?s also a Limited Edition "Weeping Angels" Boxset that will also include a Science of Doctor Who featurette (pictured below).

57813886236144241317.jpg

69289760234561074844.jpg

You and I both...

Same here guys...

Concering Oswin case: i think that Moffat will have to devise a plot twist to bring her back alive. If Doctor didnt transport her before explosion of Asylum, then in preview of Christmass special we have same thing as with River. He met her younger version and not despite of her clothing :p.

Since when does the Tardis need painting and a bulb replacement? The Tardis is neither wood or a real Police Box with a Lamp.

but it feels like wood to the touch, and to the daleks, it is the same as wood to their weapons... the writers just took it a step further and some poetic license.

:shifty:

Creativity this show has gone up a few notches, I really love this season so far. It is a mega shame that Amy had to go, I just hope the new companion will continue to do justice to the Doctor :)

I just can't believe that Rory is dead.... again.

They had set up in a previous episode that they were considering not traveling with the doctor again. It just seemed unnecessary to kill them off.

Three times in one episode and finally, he is permanently dead. Moff finally decided.

I want the 11th doctor to degenerate back to the 10th doctor, and make Donna his companion again.

:(

Actually that would be a regression, not a degeneration. It ain't going to happen at all either! The only likelyhood

of The 10th Doctor ever coming back would be an appearance in whatever's lined up for the 50th Anniversary.

The only way The Doctor degenerates is when all his cells are dying, and the actual regeneration is triggered.

regression

[ri-gresh-uhn] noun

The act of going back to a previous place or state; return or reversion to

an earlier or less advanced state or form or to a common or general type.

degeneration

[dih-jen-uh-rey-shuhn] noun

1. the process of degenerating.

2. the condition or state of being degenerate.

3. Pathology: a process by which tissue deteriorates, loses functional activity.

I tried to get back into Dr. Who, as I stopped when Tom Baker left.

Then it was going all right till 'Catherine Tate' appeared. I just could not take it seriously any more. I was expecting her to start a deluge of urine extraction and blunt gags.