[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Tom Baker was the bomb. No one can touch him. Ah, those were the days.

It would be a real coup if they re-introduced him back in.

He is still alive, he does commentary on Little Britain, so I would look forward to that.

I remember his first scene, when the previous Dr Who was flat on his back, then he flashed and Tom Baker appeared.

The BBC has revealed that a special Pond scene will premiere online tomorrow. The article states ?we?ll discover more about Brian and the Ponds, post-Angels?.

More details:

Would Brian ? and viewers ? ever learn more about Amy and Rory?s life after the Doctor?

A special scene was written by Chris Chibnall that revealed some of the answers but sadly, the sequence was never shot. However, we?re happy to announce that we?ll be bringing you the scene tomorrow. Using animated storyboards and a voice-over specially recorded by Arthur Darvill, we?ll discover more about Brian and the Ponds, post-Angels.

It begins with Brian alone, doing what he once told the Doctor must be done ? watering the plants. But his life is about to change forever?

Doctor Who?s Executive Producer, Caro Skinner, said, ?We?re delighted we can present this lovely scene written by Chris Chibnall. People took Rory?s dad, Brian, to their hearts very quickly, so it?s fitting we can give the character a degree of closure in this poignant piece.

:cry:

He is still alive, he does commentary on Little Britain, so I would look forward to that.

I saw an interview with him not long ago. He is 77 years old now. Still got it, though.

I saw an interview with him not long ago. He is 77 years old now. Still got it, though.

Exactly, so why will the bloated broadcasting coorporation not get him back in?

I pay my ?12.13 p.c.m. in t.v. licence (forced) fee, so I say Tom Baker for priminister! Oh yes, Dr. Who too.

Looks like Neil Gaiman is writing another Episode to be included as Episode 12 of Series 7 I cannot wait

706. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Colm McCarthy. (Filming now)

707. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Farren Blackburn. (Not filmed)

708. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. (Filmed)

709. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Jamie Payne. (Filmed)

710. Written by Stephen Thompson. Directed by Mat King. (Filmed)

711. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Saul Metzstein. (Filmed)

712. Written by Neil Gaiman. Directed by Stephen Wolfenden. (Not filmed)

713. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by TBA. (Not filmed)

Source: Doctor Who Magazine

I hope so. I really wasn't impressed with the first half. Looking back, the team spend too much energy on sending the Ponds off. Every episode was leading up to that. Let's just get back to roaming the Universe and having fun.

I hope so. I really wasn't impressed with the first half. Looking back, the team spend too much energy on sending the Ponds off. Every episode was leading up to that. Let's just get back to roaming the Universe and having fun.

which it should be now as there's no Ponds, plus the Pond's were big fan favourites so they had to have a big build up for their departure

John Simm on 'Doctor Who' return: 'I'd take The Master to dark place'

John Simm has revealed that he is open to returning to Doctor Who.

The actor played The Master in five episodes of the sci-fi drama between 2007 and 2010, but told an audience at the Cheltenham Literature Festival that he would like to take a "different" approach to the villainous role in the future.

"I'd love to have another take on him, to be a bit quieter," Simm said, according to the Radio Times.

The 42-year-old hinted that he was not entirely happy with his portrayal in previous episodes, adding: "I started annoying myself after a while. [Then-showrunner] Russell T Davies had a specific idea of what he wanted him to be like. So I just had to do exactly what he wanted me to, and he wanted a giggling lunatic."

Simm explained that he would be interested in taking The Master to "a very, very dark place" under current head writer and executive producer Steven Moffat.

"I'm sure his take on [the character] would be different so I'd be interested to have a look at it," said the star.

Doctor Who will return to BBC One this Christmas for a festive special, with eight more episodes to follow in 2013.

Simm explained that he would be interested in taking The Master to "a very, very dark place" under current head writer and executive producer Steven Moffat.

Now that would be awesome. I didn't really care for his portrayal of the Master either. He deserves another shot at it.

• 2 weeks later...
Neil Gaiman will be returning to the Doctor Who universe, when the series returns in spring, 2013, the BBC has announced.

After much speculation, celebrated author Neil Gaiman finally got around to writing an episode for the cult British TV show in the shape of The Doctor's Wife, which went on to win the Hugo award. And he's back, taking on one of the Doctor's most iconic foes ? The Cyberman.

But wait, there's more. The episode, in addition to featuring Matt Smith as the Time Lord and Jenna-Louise Coleman as his new companion, will also star Warwick Davies, Tamzin Outhwaite and Jason Watkins (Being Human).

Lead writer and show runner, Steven Moffat told the Doctor Who blog, that the "Cybermen were always the monsters that scared me the most! Not just because they were an awesome military force, but because sometimes they could be sleek and silver and right behind you without you even knowing. ? He went on to say, ?And with one of the all-time classic monsters returning, and a script from one of our finest novelists, it's no surprise we have attracted such stellar names as Tamzin, Jason and Warwick.?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/neil-gaiman-takes-on-the-cybermen

it is thought to be fake or at least that is the idea on reddit.

yeah but some of the comments say he got in touch with Neil Gaiman on Twitter or something

*shrugs*

Why didn't Amy and Rory use their knowledge of the future to intervene in world events, e.g., kill Hitler or his parents to prevent WWII, save JFK and brother by killing Oswald, and etc...

Exactly, so why will the bloated broadcasting coorporation not get him back in?

They've tried many many times and he has already said no every time.

In an interview he even stated that part of his life was in the past. We'll see though, we all know money talks.

Why didn't Amy and Rory use their knowledge of the future to intervene in world events, e.g., kill Hitler or his parents to prevent WWII, save JFK and brother by killing Oswald, and etc...

Because like the Doctor said-

"If you do this, You will become a fixed point in time." Just like the world had to see the doctor dead "even if faked"

Now as far as the girl that became a Dalek-- He could go back before she became one, but would have to return her before she crashed on the planet.

Because they are fixed points in time- both her becomeing a Dalek and Rory and Amy getting trapped in the past- it will happen with or without intervention.