[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Oh wow, I suppose that's going to be kept for the Christmas Special?

I'm going to be studying in Cardiff next semester (Erasmus, yay!) so will be in the UK for the screening in the theatres :D Perfect timing ^^

Well, that sucks. Who do you get to replace Matt Smith? Sure, Tennant was a good actor - but Smith basically doesn't even feel like he was acting as the Doctor. He just was. Shame there's only two more episodes with him :(

• Like 3

Well, that sucks. Who do you get to replace Matt Smith? Sure, Tennant was a good actor - but Smith basically doesn't even feel like he was acting as the Doctor. He just was. Shame there's only two more episodes with him :(

Two? Just completely forgot that the 50th anniversary special and Christmas special aren't the same episode! Brilliant!

I am quite sad actually but in a way time for a new change and the Smith haters will be happy :p

I have been saying this before Matt Smith even showed up, I Really want Helen Mirren to play Doctor Who.

post-120066-0-71572200-1370136764.jpg

I like Matt a lot but I'm excited about the change. For me that's one of the appeals of DW, the character evolves and changes every few years. Out with the old and in with the new.

I think I'm more frustrated with myself than anything else because I bought into those rumors from last week saying he was staying for Series 8. At the same time, almost every rumor has had him pegged for leaving the show after the Christmas special. Makes me wonder if/when/who they will be filming the regeneration. Surly they haven't cast the 12th Doctor yet, thus they'll need Smith for some final shoots...

Regardless, Tennant and Smith have provided us with 8+ years of stellar Doctor Who moments and I'm looking forward to the new Doctor, whoever it may be.

It was coming for some time, 4 years playing The Doctor is quite a while. None of the less, he's been a great doctor.

Sure the new doctor won't be someone famous, but partly famous, just when Matt Smith was chosen to play him.

I hope they don't do something crazy like making the next Doctor a female - I like the Doctor as a guy, it would just be weird and I feel it would take away from the shows great timeline. The Doctor is a crazy old man in a new body - it should stay that way.

I am gutted that Matt Smith is leaving, but it was inevitable. Tennant is my favourite Doctor, but Smith really grew on me. Be interesting to see the transition, and how the public react to the next Doctor. Especially with Doctor Who's growth across the world, many people will see Smith as 'their Doctor', just as Tennant is 'my Doctor'.

I'm sad to see Matt Smith go - he has been my favourite doctor. I hope they choose someone who is just as good to replace. Though, at the same time, I'd quite like to see someone who brings something different to the show, a but like Smith did when he came along 4 years ago.

I have a idea for the Regeneration of Matts doctor in to the 12th Doctor

Scene:

As the doctor is Bubbling about the Tardis by himself one agian Alone and Scared to some ill degree at what may lie ahead of him knowing what his Pas truely was The Taridis Shoots up from the Heart of itself a Bolt of elctro magnetic Dust the Same familiar Dust cloud and pulsing Goldish Power we see form from a Regeneration in this same instance this Causes the Doctor to convulse in a Odd way and we see his Energy is being taken from him in to the Tardis . but unlike Regeneration's before Something New and strange happens We see the 11th Doctor simply Pull Apart not like Ripping aprt like he is being sawed in 2 but rather we see 2 completely metaphysical Bodies start to Appear .

Scene : Zoomed in Face shot

As with Previous Regeneration's we See the new Doctor the 12th Doctor but with one huge problem ( Camera zooms out ) As the Camera zoomed out we See both the 11th and 12th Doctor occupying the same space and time Now while this should not happen this is strange and new to both the 12th and 11th doctor as the 11th doctor f gets to see what he will look like and as he stares at himself or the 12th version of himself he notices something he is quite Gelious of the new version of him has strands of Ginger Hair . he makes one remark to the new version of himself and yells out just as he did jeranimo WE Have Ginger !!! and to that replay his new self is all excited and just then both of them start to glow insistently of Regeneration Gold Cloud dust and as fast as the split happened for a short brief minute the energy collapses the Two back as one and the 12th Doctor Makes his entrance as the only Body in the Tardis

I think I'm more frustrated with myself than anything else because I bought into those rumors from last week saying he was staying for Series 8. At the same time, almost every rumor has had him pegged for leaving the show after the Christmas special. Makes me wonder if/when/who they will be filming the regeneration. Surly they haven't cast the 12th Doctor yet, thus they'll need Smith for some final shoots...

Regardless, Tennant and Smith have provided us with 8+ years of stellar Doctor Who moments and I'm looking forward to the new Doctor, whoever it may be.

Apparently the new Doctor has already been chosen but they are waiting for he/she to finish their commitments to their current show

Doctor Who star Jenna-Louise Coleman has admitted that it will be "very difficult" to say goodbye to Matt Smith.

The BBC confirmed yesterday (June 1) that the actor will leave the role of the Doctor after this year's Christmas special.

"I could not have imagined coming into the show without Matt as my Doctor, holding my hand, really, quite literally. I totally lucked-out in having a creative, generous, clever, and lovely fella to work alongside day after day," Coleman said.

"I feel so privileged to have been part of Matt's reign, to have to been companion to what is and what I think always will be one of our greatest Doctors.

"He is so in love with the show, he works tirelessly hard, surprises me every day, always creating and discovering something new about the Doctor. A true gent, a leading man and a very special friend.

"I know it will be a very difficult goodbye for me, but I for one can't wait to see where his career takes him next."

Coleman will continue to appear alongside the new Doctor when the show returns in 2014.

She added: "Of course with the same welcome I was brought in with, I look forward to welcoming the next Doctor. But it's not over 'til it's over. See ya at the big 5-0!"

Smith described his time on Doctor Who as "an honour", revealing that it has been the "most brilliant experience for me as an actor and a bloke".

The regeneration is supposed to happen during the Christmas special. I do not think they have filmed this just yet, and they just recently finished up filming the 50th anniversary episode.

there are a few people at work that are very keen on the 9th Doctor, which surprised me being that He was my least favorite. (Tom Baker being my favorite followed by David)

Ben Daniels favourite for 'Doctor Who'

mRdSG.jpg

Ben Daniels has emerged as the early favourite to replace Matt Smith on Doctor Who.

The 48-year-old actor's odds have shortened dramatically in the last 24 hours since Smith's departure from the show was confirmed by the BBC.

The Merlin and Law & Order: UK star has odds of 6/1 with SkyBet and is closely followed by Chiwetel Ejiofor at 7/1.

Being Human's Damien Molony follows with odds of 9/1.

Homeland star David Harewood and Russell Tovey both have odds of 10/1 with the bookmaker.

I hope they surprise everyone and get someone complete off the grid. I want to see a different side of the Doctor with this new regeneration.