Nero 8 is coming

Nero 6, still using it, still loving it. Until the bloat is taken out, I will continue using Nero 6. It's burning software, what could Nero 8 bring to the table that I'd want to use that Nero 6 doesn't have? More bloat? I think not. :laugh:

I moved to Ashampoo a while ago an never looked back. It's pretty much what Nero used to be back when it was good. Anyone looking for a non-bloated alternative to Nero should check it out.

bloat, just customize your installs to do make Nero do what you wanna do and stop whinning... just liek with any program that is super-feature based..... Nero is a really sweet burning program and you can get it to do what you need it to do if you read and get up off your asses.

Anywoo,

What's new in Nero 8?

Nero StartSmart - Direct feature access makes it easy to burn and gives you quick access to your multimedia projects!

Recover data from damaged discs with ease

Import and share photos and videos with one click to and from Internet communities like My Nero, YouTube, and MySpace

Fast application start-up

Expanded features for editing and authoring video files

This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only.

It'll be interesting to see how that Recover Data bit turns out in the release...

Source: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/684/891/-/343...earchtype=genre

Didn't Adobe Reader 8 become less bloated than Reader 7? Maybe the same thing will happen with Nero...

Yes, Adobe Reader 8 was a huge improvement over 6 and 7. I love the new clean interface. Perhaps there is hope for Nero, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The thing I hated most about Nero 7 was the stupid Nero Scout thing that embedded itself in Explorer. It didn't have any new features I needed anyway so I saved some money and stuck with Nero 6.

I moved to Ashampoo a while ago an never looked back. It's pretty much what Nero used to be back when it was good. Anyone looking for a non-bloated alternative to Nero should check it out.

I'm with you. Ashampoo. Lovin' it.

Yep as above.

on a somewhat related note, people criticise the cost of Windows ect, but the only copy of Nero I've ever seen sold at retail was $200AU which is insane for what the app is. Not that you cant buy the parts online ect for less, but none the less, over the counter its a ripoff.

Nero 8.0 actually comes on a blu-ray disc. It installs itself as an operating system, requiring only 120gb of disk space. Now includes Nero Browser, Nero Mail, and Nero Messenger.

I used to like Nero. Now it's too bloated. I found I only used it to burn images to disc anyway which imgburn can do for free. If I want to put files onto a CD I just use Windows. Shame though as Nero was the dogs at one stage :(

Thanks, I will give that a try.

More bloat!

- What's new in Nero 8?

- Nero StartSmart - Direct feature access makes it easy to burn and gives you quick access to your multimedia projects!

- Recover data from damaged discs with ease

- Import and share photos and videos with one click to and from Internet communities like My Nero, YouTube, and MySpace

- Fast application start-up

- Expanded features for editing and authoring video files

All those new ''features'' in only 2 gigs ...

Ashampoo all the way. Since Ashampoo Burning Studio 2005 my system is Nero free. And Since there was version 6, version 7, but it is still fast, user friendly and light. And most of all it leaves the system clean of other drivers, codecs, autostarts, and other "features".

... my system is Nero free....

Huh, thats just werid... Nero isn't a disease or a virus....

Blah, blah, blah, I can't configure my installs, blah, blah, blah - this thread isn't for Nero bashing...

It's not just that you could configure the installation of Nero to not install it's junk, but each new update is the size of the full app. So to install updates, you have to download each update and not to mention that many countries have download limits.

I actually installed Nero 7 on my virtual machine that has XP installed on it running on Vista Ulitmate. It sure is really bloated and very messy. Many images and icons are not up to standards. Some looks pixelized and low resolutioned. I am very glad I didn't put all this junk on the real machine.

It's not just that you could configure the installation of Nero to not install it's junk, but each new update is the size of the full app. So to install updates, you have to download each update and not to mention that many countries have download limits.
Besides who wants to pay X amount of dollars only to actually want to install 10% of what theyve shipped.